SAIC Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

I had two panel interviews. First interview was with the team I will work with directly and second with upper management. Both were at least and hour long with lots of questions about the job. No personal questions just really about the job and my experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions directly related to job description and how my past experience will help me perform on the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Analyst Interview

Interview

Friendly, cordial interview. Questions were fair, mostly easy. Would prepare for technical questions more.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in September 2013.

Interview

Process took 5 weeks. Began by applying online late August and was contacted by an HR representative within the same week with questions pertaining to the position, then another pertaining to the wage. After replying I was called by an HR rep to schedule an interview. By the time of the interview 2-3 weeks had passed since applying. The interview was with 2 people, 1 supervisor and 1 co-worker. It lasted close to an hour and was told I would get a reply in a week or two. By the beginning of the second week I was called with the offer and it was emailed to me a week after the call. In a way each step took a week starting with screening, wage proposal, interview, deliberation and offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat a customer who could perhaps be anxious or upset?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, from the beginning of the screening process you are told what is expected and available for your position. I believe their offer is commensurate to the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

My initial interview was over the phone with the program manager who asked about my background and experience. I submitted my application online and within 2 weeks or so I had an initial offer and a second phone interview with my PM and the customer. I was offered the position after that interview.

Interview Questions

• What does your ideal day look like?   2 Answers

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Columbia, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied for a JOb withthem online and received a call the next day. At that same time I was scheduled for a interview two days later. the interview was a matter of me speaking with the HR guy going on benefits and then to the hiring manager. The interview took about 1 1/2 hours and i went away very happy. I was then called the next day at which time I spoke to the HR person and negoiated my salary. Be confident and gain valuable skills which market yourself at the high end of the ball park. You are in charge of your own future.

Interview Questions

• maybe. what salary are yuo targeting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they originall claim in low ball just to see what i would jump at but I was able to negoiate for what I wanted. I told them straight forward that this is what it took for me to hire on and they met my demands. Know your worth and stand firm. Evalute the whole package including benefits.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in April 2012.

Interview

Applying for jobs at SAIC is very easy. You simply fill out the online applications within their system and you can use the same forms for every position you apply for. If SAIC is interested, a recruiter will contact you and give you some basic information on the job. The recruiter will also ask you some basic questions to see if you are still a good fit. If you and the recruiter have a good "unofficial interview," they will refer you to the hiring team/supervisor for the position for a phone interview. If you do well on the phone interview, which the interviewers will typically tell you right away, you will then be referred back to the recruiter for salary negotiations and an offer letter. Once you have agreed on a salary, an offer letter will be sent via e-mail with specific instructions on how to accept. You can contact your recruiter at any time for questions or concerns. Once you accept the position, you have to wait for government approval (if you are being hired for a contract position), and then you get your start dates. Overall the process is very easy and everyone at SAIC was extremely helpful and professional. The only bad part that I would mention is that the process is extremely long. If you are getting hired for a contract position, expect a wait of thirty days or more before actually starting the job. This is not SAIC's problem though, as it is the same across the Defense Contracting business.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all based on each individual position. There were not any general questions asked of me that another candidate would have been asked. They were mostly based off of my resume, so make sure you know your resume by heart going into the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are simple and straightforward. You negotiate with the recruiter who then refers to their manager for final approval. The recruiter will tell you up front whether or not they are willing to negotiate certain benefits or salaries based on your position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC in April 2011.

Interview

SAIC had much better communication than other companies I dealt with. The first interviewer was professional and friendly. The second interviewer on the next day was very professional though a little vague at points. Since it can be very difficult to measure someone's response and tone over the phone, it made it a little difficult to tell what specific information he needed.

Interview Questions

• In retrospect, how accurate were your assessments overall?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC in October 2009.

Interview

I initially was contacted via email and asked to have a phone discussion. A few days later I was contacted again and asked to come in for a formal interview, along with 5 other applicants. The interview questions were fairly routine. There was not a great deal of substance to the questions, and they provided VERY little information about the roles and responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not give me the opportunity to negotiate at all.