SAIC Interview Questions in Columbia, MD

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC in April 2011.

Recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager interviewed me over the phone and talked about the nature of SAIC's organization and the position at hand. She asked about my previous work experience and how it relates to the position.

Signal Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC in August 2010.

It was one time interview. The first meeting was with the hiring manager to find out about my background, skills and what I can do for the team. The next meeting was with a HR professional to discuss benefits and the company culture.

Principal Usability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at SAIC in January 2010.

I was lucky. A colleague who had been hired by SAIC recommended me for a new contract position. My resume and background suited the job and SAIC trusted my colleague's judgement. The interview was a 'getting to know you more" conversation that we all enjoyed. The interviewer shared his experience going through the polygraph examination. It was useful to me to hear that experience.

Interview Questions
    I asked for $150,000 and they replied with $140,000 indicated that was what the contract could afford. Pretty straight-forward. I wanted the job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in June 2009.

I applied for a JOb withthem online and received a call the next day. At that same time I was scheduled for a interview two days later. the interview was a matter of me speaking with the HR guy going on benefits and then to the hiring manager. The interview took about 1 1/2 hours and i went away very happy. I was then called the next day at which time I spoke to the HR person and negoiated my salary. Be confident and gain valuable skills which market yourself at the high end of the ball park. You are in charge of your own future.

Interview Questions
    they originall claim in low ball just to see what i would jump at but I was able to negoiate for what I wanted. I told them straight forward that this is what it took for me to hire on and they met my demands. Know your worth and stand firm. Evalute the whole package including benefits.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in December 2008.

Initial contact was by email. I was sent a number of documents to fill out before the interview. Unfortunately my car broke down the morning of the interview, but they graciously rescheduled me for a few days later. On the new day, I arrived on time and had to wait a few minutes for the HR representative (during which I was given additional forms to fill out). I spent about 25 minutes with the HR rep, who went over the benefits and corporate culture.

I then spent another 25 minutes with one program manager, who seemed somewhat distracted -- she explained it was her first day on a new project and she was moving to a different location. She asked me a series of somewhat perfunctory questions about my skills set (e.g. "Do you know C++", "Do you know Java") but did not ask any specific technical questions to evaluate whether I could back up my answers. She explained that the company had just become prime contractor on a project and was looking to fill about 200 positions.

When she left, the HR rep came back and said the other manager I was supposed to speak with wasn't available, and so accordingly I was free to go. I was somewhat surprised at this, as my total time there was about an hour.

After a couple of weeks had passed (the Christmas/New Year's holidays), I began checking in with the HR rep concerning my status. I was unable to get any response beyond "I haven't heard back from the program managers", "I'm checking but I haven't heard anything yet", etc. Finally, at the end of January (six weeks after the original interview), I was told that there was "no further interest in my application".

The whole experience left me somewhat disappointed. Ironically, I received another interview offer from the company today, but as it turns out I have just accepted a position with a different company (and turned down another offer as well).