SAIC

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely comfortable and helpful. The interviewers were approachable and friendly. They asked questions that really took the approach of finding out who you are and what you are capable of. This was very much unlike the interview process I had gone through with other major software/IT companies.

Interview Question – Describe a leadership position you were in and a problem that you were able to overcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a package that was above what I had expected, so in the current economic environment I didn't feel like I had much of a position to negotiate.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in December 2008.

Interview Details – very quick

Interview Question – Mostly just technical questions - can't remember the exacts   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they offered the minimum I told I would accept

Engineering

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC in August 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process, I was interviewing for fresh out of school programmers position. The phone interview had some basic c/c++, web and db questions. Nothing too fancy.

Interview Question – code up a random number generator using c++   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by SAIC recruiter - Next was telephone interview with Senior Management of SAIC section - Next was Filling out all of the application paperwork and taking my urinalysis for drug screening. I traveled to MD for a face to face interview with the Project Manager and the Senior Manager of the Division => Pointed questions asked looking for short concise answers with loaded content, they had done their homework and knew a lot about me already. Do not try and Buffalo Charge your way through - it would be a short interview!
Perception of the personnel is they like their jobs and what they do very much; most of the men are retired military and know the job inside out, very professional. The offices are very nice modern with free coffee mess including sodas. The work culture is not driven by the managers being Simon Legree, but they hire personnel that like to work and are proud of the product they produce; All work together as a team and when there are sticky spots all pull together to find solutions. The professionalism of the management seems to have filtered down to the rest of the team and they pay well with good benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is the process you would follow to initiate and follow through for a complete site approval package?   View Answer
  • Situational ethical questions on workplace with employers, Contract personnel, fellow employees   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for an extra benefit, however, don't get to hung up on what you think you are worth in side packages because if they percieve you are too greedy they will put you on the "We will call you" list.

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was cold-called by a recruiter who knew that I was losing coverage for my current position. The recruiter told me that my current salary was significantly higher than what this out-of-state position could offer but still wanted to arrange a phone interview with the Project Manager. I agreed and after the first interview which went fine, the PM wanted a 2nd interview to include his technical staff. I was not as prepared as I should have been for the 2nd interview and it did not go as well as I would have liked. I have not heard anything back and I decided not pursue it any farther since it was for a job that would require non-reimbursable relocation for less yearly salary. It was a good learning experience for future interviews.

Interview Question – The tough questions were technical and pointed asking things like "What is your experience with <XYZ>?"   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initially contacted quickly and went to one location for an interview. Went to dinner the night before, then gave a presentation of my work to a panel of employees, had a very quick one-on-one interview, then tour of the facility. I was then taken to the airport for my return flight. I was told I would be called the next week to set up another interview in another location. I never received a call back, and my follow-up phone call was not returned (just an email acknowledging the phone call). Received an email a few weeks later about them wanting to have a follow up discussion. I replied accordingly. I have never received a call - it has been over a month since the interview and no contact or feedback has been given to me. That's life I guess.

Interview Question – What kind of work are you interested in?   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in February 2008.

Interview Details – Archaic office environment

Interview Question – What would your ideal boss be like?   Answer Question

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!