SAIC Field Office Technician Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Field Office Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in January 2012.

The interview process at SAIC went very smoothly. I was first contacted through email by the SAIC recruiter and given information about the position and application process. I talked with the recruiter on the phone 1:1 and he asked some basic questions about my interest and past experience. I was then setup for a phone interview with 4 staff members on the team I was applying for. The 4 members included supervisors as well as support staff. They took turns asking me general questions about myself as well as technical scenario and definition questions to rate my skill and knowledge. They made the interview process natural and fun. They were not intimidating, but seemed to be very welcoming to my application and desire to work there. They were very encouraging and re-enforced my interest to work with the team. After the interview they expressed their interest to move forward and meet me in person. The next week I met two of the supervisors at a head office where I interviewed directly with them and two additional support members by phone. The interview was similar to the first conference call, but it was helpful for all of their team members to meet me and make a decision to move forward with my application. The interview went very well, we were able to speak on a technical and professional level as well as laugh and have fun at the same time. The hiring recruiter called me the next day with an offer and expressed that the team was very impressed with the interviews. This was a painless and perfect interview process. Since then, all of my email correspondence with the recruiter, supervisor, HR manager, and department I will be contracting with, has been very fast and informative. I am extremely please with the organization and follow through of SAIC throughout the entire application and hiring process. I had not received a few other jobs through them which I applied to, and the rejection process was equally painless. I have interviewed with a few other companies, and this was by far the best experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an example of dealing with a difficult employee while trying to provide them with IT Support.   Answer Question
The negotiation process exceeded my expectations. I only have 4 years of experience and once job in this field, so I wasn't expecting to get a whole lot. I ended up being offered a larger salary than I had asked for.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!