SAIC-Frederick

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC-Frederick.

This is odd - I worked in the facility for a different contractor and just walked to the lab of the person hiring and talked about the position open. So when the actual interview took place, the deal was done. I had worked in the other contract with the soon to be supervisor and had been to meeting with him. It was a very casual thing. However, at the time the HR staff that actually made the hiring happen were on leave and I had to wait 2 weeks to be hired since the HR director could not manage it.

Interview Questions
    • Since this is a government contract to support the NCI and its labs, there were going to be government staff working side by side with contract staff. I was hired in to manage the laboratory and my future supervisor asked would I be OK managing the NCI employee needs, but not the employee. This was a very weird question, and I was not aware of the absolute separated relationship of the contractor and government. In my other position here with a different contractor, this type of thing never came up. It continues to be a difficult facet of work for the contractors   View Answer
    No negotiation. This is a government contract job with limited dollars.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC-Frederick in November 2012.

It was an internal interview as I am already an employee with SAIC-Frederick so after I applied for the position I notified our recruiters. They emailed me back asking me to expound on my experience with the basic qualifications of the position. After doing that, I received an email from the recruiter that an interview had been set up within a few days. The interview was great and the staff was very personable but Fort Detrick is a maze (as is the NIH Bethesda campus) so be prepared with maps and directions and get there super early.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC-Frederick in September 2009.

I worked with a recruiter throughout the entire process. I found this to be very useful, as I always knew what to expect. My qualifications were checked through a written questionnaire. Following this check, I participated in 2 on-site interviews. I interviewed with a total of 6 people and was asked basic questions about my skills and past experiences. Although two of the interviewers had a list of questions prepared, most interactions were fairly unstructured. In addition, all of the interviewers were relaxed and open to answering questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with handling multiple priorities and deadlines, and how do you ensure the quality of your work?   Answer Question
    The company was firmly set in their offer.

Program Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SAIC-Frederick in April 2008.

Contacted within a day of applying, Spoke directly with Hiring Manager, which explained role and went over work history. At end of call set up an in person interview. Instructions to complete application were very detailed and provided all necessary information for interview day. Very professional. I met with Hiring Manager again on the day of the interview for about an hour and a half. Contacted again next day to set up a panel interview with the working team, as well as the head of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to work wih limited resources and manpower to meet customer deadlines.   Answer Question
    • How do you build relationships with those you work with and at the same time hold them accountable for their actions?   Answer Question
    Negotiating power is very limited due to contract.