SAIC-Frederick

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Tech Interview

Research Tech
Fort Detrick, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick in November 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed at SAIC-Frederick in the fall of 2010. I received an interview for a research technician position via a staffing agency called Aerotek. The initial contact was through Aerotek and they worked with me to schedule the interview. SAIC-Frederick is within Ft. Detrick, and getting through sercurity at the gate was no trouble. Once there, I was greetly kindly by the secretary in the office and was guided to the office for my interview. Even though, they're located in a military base, the environment and interview was very casual. While, I did not decide to take the job because of the nature of the position, the people there were all friendly and helpful.

Interview Question – I was only asked about my previous experience in other laboratories, as described in my resume. I assume they only wanted to confirm that I can back up what I wrote on my resume.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because the next day I interviewed with another company which I liked more and was closer to home.

Research Associate II Interview

Research Associate II
Frederick, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick.

Interview Details – This is odd - I worked in the facility for a different contractor and just walked to the lab of the person hiring and talked about the position open. So when the actual interview took place, the deal was done. I had worked in the other contract with the soon to be supervisor and had been to meeting with him. It was a very casual thing. However, at the time the HR staff that actually made the hiring happen were on leave and I had to wait 2 weeks to be hired since the HR director could not manage it.

Interview Question – Since this is a government contract to support the NCI and its labs, there were going to be government staff working side by side with contract staff. I was hired in to manage the laboratory and my future supervisor asked would I be OK managing the NCI employee needs, but not the employee. This was a very weird question, and I was not aware of the absolute separated relationship of the contractor and government. In my other position here with a different contractor, this type of thing never came up. It continues to be a difficult facet of work for the contractors   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is a government contract job with limited dollars.

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician

Interviewed at SAIC-Frederick

Interview Details – Applied through the company website. Face to face interview was simple and straight forward.

Interview Question – career aspirations and goals in the science industry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – entry level base

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick.

Interview Details – Applied online and contacted directly by hiring manager for interview. The interview consisted of a 45 minute presentation and all day meetings with current staff and management. Very laid back and friendly atmosphere, and overall a smooth process.

Interview Question – Only technical questions related to presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room to negotiate given the current salary rate freeze at the federal level.

Research Associate II Interview

Research Associate II
Frederick, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick in November 2012.

Interview Details – It was an internal interview as I am already an employee with SAIC-Frederick so after I applied for the position I notified our recruiters. They emailed me back asking me to expound on my experience with the basic qualifications of the position. After doing that, I received an email from the recruiter that an interview had been set up within a few days. The interview was great and the staff was very personable but Fort Detrick is a maze (as is the NIH Bethesda campus) so be prepared with maps and directions and get there super early.

Interview Question – Have you ever worn a respirator?   Answer Question

Program Support Interview

Program Support
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick in April 2008.

Interview Details – Contacted within a day of applying, Spoke directly with Hiring Manager, which explained role and went over work history. At end of call set up an in person interview. Instructions to complete application were very detailed and provided all necessary information for interview day. Very professional. I met with Hiring Manager again on the day of the interview for about an hour and a half. Contacted again next day to set up a panel interview with the working team, as well as the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work wih limited resources and manpower to meet customer deadlines.   Answer Question
  • How do you build relationships with those you work with and at the same time hold them accountable for their actions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating power is very limited due to contract.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick in September 2009.

Interview Details – I worked with a recruiter throughout the entire process. I found this to be very useful, as I always knew what to expect. My qualifications were checked through a written questionnaire. Following this check, I participated in 2 on-site interviews. I interviewed with a total of 6 people and was asked basic questions about my skills and past experiences. Although two of the interviewers had a list of questions prepared, most interactions were fairly unstructured. In addition, all of the interviewers were relaxed and open to answering questions about the company.

Interview Question – What is your experience with handling multiple priorities and deadlines, and how do you ensure the quality of your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company was firmly set in their offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Email sent with a questionaire to fill out.
2. Phone interview with supervisor.
3. About 2-3 hour interview on site with supervisor, colleagues, HR...An itinerary was provided. Water wasn't offered so I had to excuse myself to use water fountain. Suggest bringing bottled water. Driving and lunch+dinner reimbursement provided.
4. Two weeks later, job offer was made.

Interview Questions

Worked for SAIC-Frederick? Contribute to the Community!