SAIC-Frederick

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate II Interview

Research Associate II
Frederick, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick.

Interview Details – This is odd - I worked in the facility for a different contractor and just walked to the lab of the person hiring and talked about the position open. So when the actual interview took place, the deal was done. I had worked in the other contract with the soon to be supervisor and had been to meeting with him. It was a very casual thing. However, at the time the HR staff that actually made the hiring happen were on leave and I had to wait 2 weeks to be hired since the HR director could not manage it.

Interview Question – Since this is a government contract to support the NCI and its labs, there were going to be government staff working side by side with contract staff. I was hired in to manage the laboratory and my future supervisor asked would I be OK managing the NCI employee needs, but not the employee. This was a very weird question, and I was not aware of the absolute separated relationship of the contractor and government. In my other position here with a different contractor, this type of thing never came up. It continues to be a difficult facet of work for the contractors   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is a government contract job with limited dollars.

Research Associate II Interview

Research Associate II
Frederick, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC-Frederick in November 2012.

Interview Details – It was an internal interview as I am already an employee with SAIC-Frederick so after I applied for the position I notified our recruiters. They emailed me back asking me to expound on my experience with the basic qualifications of the position. After doing that, I received an email from the recruiter that an interview had been set up within a few days. The interview was great and the staff was very personable but Fort Detrick is a maze (as is the NIH Bethesda campus) so be prepared with maps and directions and get there super early.

Interview Question – Have you ever worn a respirator?   Answer Question

Worked for SAIC-Frederick? Contribute to the Community!