SAIC Interview Questions in Huntsville, AL

Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

A day after applying I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me if I had and preferences in location or job role and then asked when I would have time to schedule a phone interview a few days later. No technical questions were asked, only went over experience on the resume and was explained what the job would be about. A few hour later I was informed they would like to do an in-person interview and flew me out to tour the job site and meet potential supervisors. No technical questions were asked and I was briefed more on the project and had a casual conversation about my personal background. An offer was made a day later.

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

HR appoitment to interview/no technical questions/just an overview of my resume and the job details. One week later HR called with $ offer and benefits package/ fnal interview to close all and drug test. working in three weeks

Negotiation

No negotiation, this is what the salary is would you like the job or not

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I was lucky to be one of few of my skill-set, and the manager had already expressed interest in hiring me. I met with his boss who basically gave me a summary of the company and its values.

Interview Questions

• It was as difficult as being asked simply about my previous experiences and projects.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was led into a darkened room. The interviewer asked software 101 classroom questions then instructed me to write code on the white board. The interviewer was the software lead with very little experience and only a couple of years in his career. The darkened room and absence of professional courtesy was evident of a lesser company and not the high professional standards of SAIC.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was extremely comfortable and helpful. The interviewers were approachable and friendly. They asked questions that really took the approach of finding out who you are and what you are capable of. This was very much unlike the interview process I had gone through with other major software/IT companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership position you were in and a problem that you were able to overcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a package that was above what I had expected, so in the current economic environment I didn't feel like I had much of a position to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying for two software engineering jobs with the company via their website, an SAIC recruiter called me to see if I'd be interested in interviewing for a position. He read me a lot of information with a lot of acronyms related to the position. He handed me off to someone in HR who sent me a few electronic documents to complete. I looked up the position the recruiter called me about, and it was not one of the positions for which I'd applied, so I'm figuring they're hurting for people to fill a new need.

I went to the interview, a group interview, and there were something like 12 to 15 of us in a large conference room with refreshments--snacks, drinks. The facility is quite nice, but the work would be performed at a customer's site, and they warned me during my interview that it was crowded.

Half of us were sent into a second room to interview with other SAIC employees. I interviewed at a table with two SAIC developers currently on the project for which I was interviewing. The room had about 6 or 7 such tables. They seemed nice and told me about the position. Then we went back into the conference room and were briefed by HR and talked amongst ourselves while the second half of the candidates went for their interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work on this project?   1 Answer

The benefits are rather poor, frankly. The salary offering was decent, but there is little way to have much work-life balance given that all of your sick time comes out of your vacation pot, which is insufficient for someone with several years' experience. Also, the recruiter seemed a little too enthusiastic when he called to follow up, and my interview itself was almost too easy. All smiles and no tough questions. There's some kind of desperation going on there.

Lead Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in May 2010.

Interview

Went very well. Nice, relaxed interview with friendly prospective management staff.

Negotiation

Very simple really. I asked what the job would pay, they told me, and it was $10,000 more per year than I was currently making so I was satisfied.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume and then asked to fill out a "Staff Call", a detailed questionaire geared towards the position. The Staff Call detailed job requirements and required me to match experience from my resume to the requirements. The hiring manager then reviewed my answers and determined that he had a candidate with experience better suited to the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. All questions were related to job requirements.   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in April 2009.

Interview

I was sought out because of a referral by a previous intern. I was first contacted by email and given details about the job, continued on to a phone conversation to further discuss details with senior management, and then we set up a phone interview date. In my phone interview, we discussed my resume and relevant experience, and I was allowed to explore the company further and its applicability to my field of study. It was a very enjoyable process, and I enjoyed all my interactions with the company's employees.

Interview Questions

• I see you listed experience with STK software on your resume. What projects have you used it with, and to what extent?   Answer Question