SAIC

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.6

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC.

Like most folks I work with, I am former military. So my interview was like this:
    Hey bud, heard you were getting out of the military. Do you have a job lined up? No? Well you do now.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a clean record and pass a drug test?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in February 2015.

A day after applying I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me if I had and preferences in location or job role and then asked when I would have time to schedule a phone interview a few days later. No technical questions were asked, only went over experience on the resume and was explained what the job would be about. A few hour later I was informed they would like to do an in-person interview and flew me out to tour the job site and meet potential supervisors. No technical questions were asked and I was briefed more on the project and had a casual conversation about my personal background. An offer was made a day later.

Technical Writer/Editing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

The recruiter was more organized than the interviewer, who was impossible to reach and had trouble scheduling the interview because he "had no administrative help." It felt disorganized and unfocused. I almost walked away from the entire company in this time because it seemed like nobody had any organizational sense at all.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. We chatted like we were having an awkward conversation at a cocktail party and he told me why it was a great place to work. I never was able to show writing samples. It was very strange. I guess he had already decided to offer me the job before he met me, but it was still the most non-useful interview I've ever had.   Answer Question
    I requested a salary at close to $60,000 and the recruiter said the range would be below that, and that I wouldn't be offered that much.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC.

SAIC contracts with companies (commercial/government) that "require" qualified skilled resources based on certification -- in short, ensure certs are up-to-date and relevant. Respective hiring manager will contact you if qualified (on paper) for initial phone interview; questions appear textbox particular to the "title" of the job, not the particulars of the work. A successful phone interview will lead to onsite follow up. Experience has shown that once again, SAIC targets talented candidates who can speak intelligently to the job title. I emphasize this because not all candidates who know the technical response to an interview question make for a right fit. This, in my view, is a short coming with SAIC; but for any prospects looking to get in may be a good thing. Highly recommend that all candidates not only "know the answer" technically, but also "know the company" and "know their customer" ... this will prove a tremendous value add and excellent negotiation starting point.

Interview Questions
    • The challenge seen during most interviews deals with curbing one's enthusiasm and listening to the questions being asked. Hiring managers will harp on "jargon", "text box", "best practices" language during the interview process; if an experience candidate responds in turn with "practical" answers, the interviewer will keep repeating question. There is no one difficult or unexpected question, as much as there is an expected (almost scripted) dialogue. Hiring managers have also been known to challenge the integrity and credibility of a candidate based on "paper" as well as communication. Candidates must articulate they are the right person, with the right skills. To my experience, SAIC rarely does peer interviews, but they may have one or more managers/leads participate in an interview session. And be prepared to have SAIC listen to its own voice vice extending a candidate an opportunity to show case their abilities.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was misleading in that there was a relocation at a significant pay reduction to meet contract entry criteria, with an [undocumented] assurance of comparable pay increase to come back up to par within a short turnaround. This did not occur and management reneged on advancement opportunities; this happened to many employees.

The "phase" it self was one of initial communication with hiring manager of salary requirements, followed by SAIC confirmation with status of current/last employer. There appears a discretionary negotiation with hiring manager and a verbal offer; once [verbally] accepted, SAIC sends an offer letter and awaits confirmation of employment.

Executive Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in January 2015.

Not good. Interviewing takes a lot of prep-work for some of us, and I could have utilized my time elsewhere if the position was already knowingly filled. Not a nice to do to qualified people looking for genuine employment opportunities. At least allow the proper hiring manager to interview these few selected candidates himself/herself before ruling people out. Any wise hiring manager/recruiter realizes the pitfalls of allowing a designee to downselect candidates FOR his/her own boss.

Lesson learned..no more SAIC apps for me and I now know to ask potential employers if they have internal candidates in the running because if they do, it's then pretty much a wrap. The recruiter was pleasant, and I realize they are often NOT in the know, but nonetheless, I didn't appreciate it.

Interview Questions
    • Not much pertaining to the job that is because the job was filled and I was basically invited in to waste my time to meet numbers for "EEO" purposes.   View Answer

Program Analyst Interview

3 weeks, Interview was a comfortable, relaxed sit down with one of the managers. He was very upfront about the position, and the job I would be doing. I was given an offer the following day from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • none, they were straightforward regarding qualifications, and my background.   Answer Question
    Very easy, a few emails and phone calls over the span of a day and that was it.

Project Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

First contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone screening.
    About a week after the phone screen, received another email to schedule an in-person interview.

The instructions to get to the interview were detailed and helpful. The only thing that would make it better is to instruct applicants which entrance, and where to go after they enter. I almost missed the sign that said "visitors" and walked straight through armed security. Given that this is DC, I'm sure I would have been face to the floor, hands behind my back.

The interview itself was pleasant. The interviewers were friendly, welcoming, and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The recruiting manager even gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions.

But after that, everything went downhill. I was informed I would hear back the following week. I didn't get a response. I called the manager and was informed the recruiter would get back to, and that there was a budgeting issue that may prevent the job from being filled. I never got a response from the recruiter so I emailed asking for a follow-up and still nothing. Shortly thereafter I looked at the requisition online and it stated the position was filled.

I wished that if I didn't get the position, they would extend me the professional courtesy to tell me I was not selected and why. Applicants such as myself are professional enough to take rejection and learn from the experience. If not, then those applicants shouldn't get the position anyway. No response is the worst response. At least "no" meant I could start looking for other opportunities instead of waiting on this one.

But all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience and I would still apply for SAIC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what this graph means to you (interviewer drew a 7-day trending up sinusoid)   View Answer

Mission and Seta Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in October 2014.

I got the interview from a job interview. It was around 30 minutes and they asked basic questions. A lot of question regarding stress management, leadership abilities, organization and personality. Then we discussed about what about SAIC interested me. Then we talked about where I saw myself in the next five years.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time when you were faced with a problem and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Hardware Integration Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAIC in October 2014.

I got an email from my school about the job and decided to apply, and later got an interview. The interviewer was an engineer who graduated from the school I am currently attending. I feel like he understood things a lot better than an HR person would. The interview lasted half and hour. The questions were pretty generic, but some good conversations resulted out of them, so I was able to get a lot in.

Interview Questions
    • One question was, what project are you most proud of? They seem to value doing projects on your own, outside of classes.   Answer Question

Hardware Integration Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAIC in October 2014.

The interview was coordinated through my university's career center. There was only one interview. After the interview, there was paperwork to be filled out. The decision was made within 2 months of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question was related to their value of customer success : "We define our success by our customers' success"

The question was this:
           Tell me about a time that you dealt with a customer and what you did to ensure their success.

Answer Question