SAIC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Brief and unimpressive. It was obvious they had an internal candidate and were just going thru the motions. Questions were vague, open ended and really did not follow a logical progression for them to determine anything about myself.

Interview Questions

• No real questions just about things that were on my resume and my past experience.   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Recruiter contact, interview 2 days later. Job offer in 5 days total. Interview was extensive, but weatherable to a fault. Recruiter was knowledgeable, and extremely gungho. My recruiter went above and beyond, to make this happen fast as possible.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

The interview was before both the manager and the seasoned employee (not human resources). Mostly the interview was them explaining what the company does and the benefits of working there. I do not remember the specifc questions that were asked outside of why I would be transitioning out of the military and if I would be willing to perform other duties besides that which was listed on the job write up. They needed a person immediately and therefore also asked when was the soonest I could begin work. After the group panel, I later had a phone interview with another employee who would be the one I would be working more closely with. Because the work involves team work, it was important for them to see if my temperament would mesh with their group.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

I had two panel interviews. First interview was with the team I will work with directly and second with upper management. Both were at least and hour long with lots of questions about the job. No personal questions just really about the job and my experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions directly related to job description and how my past experience will help me perform on the job.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Knox, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Fort Knox, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire process was handled over the phone, over a period of two days. My interviewers were serious players and were able to provide a wide breadth of information about duties, responsibilities and expectations. I have high praise for the recruiter, who was very transparent and helpful throughout the entire process. Timelines and expectations were negotiated, established and met. I was never waiting for information, and received constant feedback and responses to all questions. Be warned: you'll have some work ahead of you after accepting the offer and before your first day. But you'll have your recruiter on hand to help, and in my case the recruiter was great.

Interview Questions

• I won't provide specifics, but expect a series of general questions along with some technical questions to establish your knowledge set and communications skills. If you're a solid communicator and match your job description you'll probably be fine.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Interview

Hiring manager was unprepared for interview and did not review my resume at all. Manager was not very thorough with the questions. I found the interview to be very surprisingly very easy and short. I felt that they needed a warm body to take over the position that a previous employee left abruptly. Hiring manager looked at cellphone constantly and frequently interrupted interview. Hiring manager did not take notes nor ask very challenging or intelligent questions at all. Found interviewer to be very aloof and boring.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at last job? What was your title? What was it like there? Can you do this job? Can you work with multiple people? How is your excel skills? Basic interview questions and nothing substantial. Found interview to be incredibly easy and boring compared to most companies that I have worked for.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I went to the D.C. office for an office visit where I was interviewed by three associates in one of their offices. I was there for almost an hour but they hardly asked me any questions. They mostly talked about the position and how they may or may not get the contract for that position, and random people in their office and their career paths

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go in detail about anything on your resume   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was given an interview based on an employee referral. If you know someone who works here get a referral because it speeds the process up quite a bit. I was contacted and informally interviewed by several different recruiters as they tried to find the right place for me within SAIC. Interviewed with my manager once on the phone and was called a few days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my experience and what I anticipated the job responsibilities to be   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people; the person who I was replacing and the program manager. It took about an hour for the interview. I was extremely nervous, but there was some small talk to put me at ease. I did the best that I could do in spite of not knowing some of the answers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were able to advise a client that their expectations would not be met.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

phone interview first, 2nd face to face or phone with 2 - 3 other people. duration about an hour. very easy to talk to people on the phone. experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• type of work previously done. expand on the experience using certifications on resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are pretty set on what they want to pay you, be prepared to state why you are worth more.