SAIC Interview Questions

2.6

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online - interviewed at SAIC in June 2014.

Very pleasant interviewing process. Was thorough on what was expected in job requirements and very professional interview.
    It did take a while filling out all the necessary paperwork and all the back and forth emails. I suppose that is to be expected if you work for the government and have to have a security clearance.
    The last interview was a little intimidating because they asked me every question in the book about my background and financial history. The lady was very professional and I didn't feel too uncomfortable. I guess those types of experiences are good lessons for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Actually at the initial interview, I was quite pleased with the interview questions. There was no high-pressured trick questions that some interviewer like to play. I value the respect and consideration of a good interviewer who doesn't play head games.
      It was the final interview that was a little more pressured. They ask everything about your background and financial history. It was a good learning experience, as I had never gone through something quite like that before.
        Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC.

Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions
    • Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question
    I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Project Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC.

HR and the hiring manager did not have their communication together. According to the hiring manager, I was hired, however HR had more processes to do, before, I come to in for work.

Interview Questions
    • Difficut Question that did not have to do with the job   Answer Question
    Close to my house

Engineering Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Ridge, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Multi-person interview. All interviewers were very cordial and professional. The office environment was professional and courteous but also surprisingly casual. I interviewed on two occasions prior to being given an offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I really wanted to work for this company for some time so I instantly accepted the offer.

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

HR appoitment to interview/no technical questions/just an overview of my resume and the job details. One week later HR called with $ offer and benefits package/ fnal interview to close all and drug test. working in three weeks

No negotiation, this is what the salary is would you like the job or not

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2014.

A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview was via phone with recruiter and then via phone with hiring manager. Hiring manager was reported to be "extremely busy" so interview could not take place in person although the company is close by and an in-person interview could have easily been set up. Never a good sign when meeting in person is preferred. Seemed that the hiring manager was just trying to fill a set of strict requirements on a list and not looking what candidates could bring to the table overall. Pleasant conversations. Follow up by the recruiter was not good considering no written or verbal notification that the position was filled or removed. No positive or negative communication was extended except that the position just disappeared from the job posting list.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The usual expected questions of tell me about yourself, your background, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview process was normal. Much easier to be interviewed over the phone than in person. I was asked lots of pertinent questions regarding the job itself. Thought it was strange they were so concerned what movies I liked to watch, and other personal stuff that felt more like non-job related questions.

Interview Questions
    • The usual stuff, nothing special about the questions. Pretty much everything was as expected except for the questions about my movie preferences. I imagine that wasn't the deal killer or anything anyways. I got an offer but I declined because I took another job.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

I interviewed with the primary contractor on this particular contact. SAIC is the subcontractor. I was early and the interviewer was a tad bit late because he was in a meeting. But he was friendly, laid back and easy to converse with. I also met with the program manager who was also very friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic technical questions, but more focused on customer service.   Answer Question
    They started really low and I kind of shot my self in the foot for not making my counter-offer higher. So the final offer was $1000 less than my bottom. I took it because they do give 3% yearly pay increases.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I was lucky to be one of few of my skill-set, and the manager had already expressed interest in hiring me. I met with his boss who basically gave me a summary of the company and its values.

Interview Questions
    • It was as difficult as being asked simply about my previous experiences and projects.   Answer Question

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!