SAIC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

Initially had to fill out multiple documents and forms, more than half due to background check and pre-authorization of minimal clearance level.
    Phone Interview was not technical ,more so of general understanding.
    F2F Interview was three to one and not with the program manager I was to interview with, but supposedly with would-be peers, co-workers. No one had a copy of my resume, nor knew my background. Within thirty minutes of questions and requests of explanations of my background, their conversation turned to movies, current ones, what I had seen (which I am not an avid movie person thus not current), then to batman movies. The lead questioner (the one who took over the questioning of all three) actually posed the question: Which batman movie do you like best? Which batman do you consider yourself to be and why?
    (Seriously? I kind of laughed) Serious... since I did not play along the interview was over. I met with the program manager a few minutes later who didn't even have a chair in their office for me to sit in, they gave me their chair and only told me what the interview process was.
    In a second attempt with this firm, the initial phone interview was scheduled with another program manager and when the phone interview came, two people whom worked for them, called me, asking me database and infrastructure questions as they were technical SMEs, then asked me if I used MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
    I will never consider, recommend not apply for an SAIC job again, hopefully it’s just the weirdness of Charleston.

Interview Questions
    • What was my favorite Batman movie?
      Which Batman did I consider myself to be closest to and why?
        View Answer

IT Support Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in December 2010.

It involved interviewing with the two people from the human resource, then the IT director. they were very cordial and very accommodating. they offered the pay travel and hotel which was very cool. everyone was nice and very professional

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in July 2010.

The whole interview process was very professional, however SAIC is not very fast on getting back to you. The interview was a phone interview with three employees asking questions that were related to the work they are hiring for and your past experience. Questions focused on your past real life experiences and how they may relate to the current opening.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the company and how can you contribute?   Answer Question
    • Give an example on how you met a customer's requirement and added value to the mission.   Answer Question
    There is limited negotiation regarding. If you ask for a higher salary, they may not offer any more than a few thousand dollar adjustment. It's best to offer justification on why you deserve a higher salary. A lower Salary can be offset with relocation allowances even if they state there is none. It's much easier to get relocation allowance as this money is paid out of a different budget. If you ask you'll likely get it.

Senior Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Campbell, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Campbell, KY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2010.

I was introduced to the job by a person I worked with in the military. The initial interview went well and took about 30 minutes of face-to-face Q&A from a panel of 5 people working with both General Dynamics Information Technology and Science Applications International Corporation. The questions were mostly experience and opinion questions with a mixture of behavioral, competency and "what if" questions that seemed to be geared toward finding out my leadership capabilities, my training background and my ability to think on my feet. Each person asked 3-5 questions, very similar to a promotion board in the military, before the questioning proceded to the next person in line. The interview ended with the site manager who basically summarized the interview and asked if I had any questions or concerns. I asked a few basic questions about the corporate culture, typical work hours, the morale of the site, and what I could expect next. After the interview, I was escorted out of the building and didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks. I followed up a couple of times, but was told I was in a pool of people being considered for the position that was being reviewed by the hiring manager (he was not at the face-to-face interview because he was located in Orlando, FL). About 2-3 weeks after the face-to-face interview, I recieved a call from the hiring manager for a follow-up phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many ball bearings, 1" in diameter, can you fit into a 747 aircraft?   View Answer
    During the follow-up phone interview, the hiring manager extended an offer. I countered with a list of reasons I should make more and told him I was hoping the offer would be a bit more lucrative. He countered by saying he was limited in how much he could pay, based on the fact that the work was a firm fixed price government contract, with very little "wiggle room." I asked if there was anything he could do to offset some of my moving costs and he basically told me the offer was as good as it would get. This left me feeling a bit underwhelmed and prompted me to ask if there was anything I could say or do that would change his mind. He basically told me that the offer is what it is and our discussion was more a formality than anything else.

I would offer the following advice to anyone wanting to work at the Ft. Campbell BCTC (with either GDIT or SAIC). First, the offer that you get will likely be the only one you get, because there is a long line of folks waiting to "get in" the door. Second, the work environment is very cordial and the work is very satisfying, but the extraneous rumors and gossip that goes on behind closed doors is both distracting and demoralizing. Third, there are a lot of good people at the BCTC, but a lot of high performers have left the BCTC because there is no real incentive to be a high performer or do great things.

Software Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at SAIC in March 2010.

Interviewed as well as interviewing of existing Software Test Manager to determine the fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do for process improvement of this program if upper management approved?   View Answer
    • How will you keep involved with your team?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was casual and was open for negotiation until both parties agreed.

War Games Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at SAIC in September 2008.

I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. I was then invited for an in-person interview, which had to wait till I was back in-country. For the in-person, I met with three sets of my peers to be, so everyone in the office had a chance to meet me, and then interviewed with my now boss. They were ready to make an offer, but a source of work dried up and they put of hiring for several months. They called me back in four months, and I was both still looking and still very interested in the position. I had a short additional interview with my boss, and then was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the requirement to do mundane, none-intellectual chores like database management?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President/Health Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

I was contacted via e-mail in response to my application and resume submission. I was asked to answer a list of additional questions via e-mail. This was followed up by a call from an HR rep, so set up a series of five one-on-one interviews over 10 business days. (One was via telephone with a VP in CA.) Unfortunately, the perception of the environment/culture was much different than the reality.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. What was difficult was making a connection to the interviewer that would open the door to a more comfortable interview session. If you can't make that connection, chances are good that you won't get a positive review.   View Answer
    The initial salary offer was so far above what I was expecting (more than $29K than I had anticipated), that no negotiation was necessary. I was quite shocked, actually.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Phone interview with HR, asking on your background, why you want to join the company, reason of leaving, why you left your previous job, personality check

Interview Questions
    • Explain major computer security vulnerabilities. Scenario questions may apply. There is an outbreak in the network and you are the only support analyst in the shift, what would be the first thing that you do?   View Answer
    • Why you are interested to work in security operation Center?   View Answer
    Depends on the position but it can be Flexible, usually Min - Mid - Max range applies to most positions. Depends on your experience and how well you do on the actual interview. There is always a limit to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in January 2010.

Contacted by SAIC recruiter - Next was telephone interview with Senior Management of SAIC section - Next was Filling out all of the application paperwork and taking my urinalysis for drug screening. I traveled to MD for a face to face interview with the Project Manager and the Senior Manager of the Division => Pointed questions asked looking for short concise answers with loaded content, they had done their homework and knew a lot about me already. Do not try and Buffalo Charge your way through - it would be a short interview!
    Perception of the personnel is they like their jobs and what they do very much; most of the men are retired military and know the job inside out, very professional. The offices are very nice modern with free coffee mess including sodas. The work culture is not driven by the managers being Simon Legree, but they hire personnel that like to work and are proud of the product they produce; All work together as a team and when there are sticky spots all pull together to find solutions. The professionalism of the management seems to have filtered down to the rest of the team and they pay well with good benefits.

Interview Questions
    • What is the process you would follow to initiate and follow through for a complete site approval package?   View Answer
    • Situational ethical questions on workplace with employers, Contract personnel, fellow employees   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate for an extra benefit, however, don't get to hung up on what you think you are worth in side packages because if they percieve you are too greedy they will put you on the "We will call you" list.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC in May 2009.

Submitted resume and then asked to fill out a "Staff Call", a detailed questionaire geared towards the position. The Staff Call detailed job requirements and required me to match experience from my resume to the requirements. The hiring manager then reviewed my answers and determined that he had a candidate with experience better suited to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. All questions were related to job requirements.   Answer Question

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!