SAIC

185 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

IT Support Interview

IT Support

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in December 2010.

Interview Details – It involved interviewing with the two people from the human resource, then the IT director. they were very cordial and very accommodating. they offered the pay travel and hotel which was very cool. everyone was nice and very professional

Interview Question – what is an information system?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Charleston, SC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

Interview Details – Initially had to fill out multiple documents and forms, more than half due to background check and pre-authorization of minimal clearance level.
Phone Interview was not technical ,more so of general understanding.
F2F Interview was three to one and not with the program manager I was to interview with, but supposedly with would-be peers, co-workers. No one had a copy of my resume, nor knew my background. Within thirty minutes of questions and requests of explanations of my background, their conversation turned to movies, current ones, what I had seen (which I am not an avid movie person thus not current), then to batman movies. The lead questioner (the one who took over the questioning of all three) actually posed the question: Which batman movie do you like best? Which batman do you consider yourself to be and why?
(Seriously? I kind of laughed) Serious... since I did not play along the interview was over. I met with the program manager a few minutes later who didn't even have a chair in their office for me to sit in, they gave me their chair and only told me what the interview process was.
In a second attempt with this firm, the initial phone interview was scheduled with another program manager and when the phone interview came, two people whom worked for them, called me, asking me database and infrastructure questions as they were technical SMEs, then asked me if I used MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
I will never consider, recommend not apply for an SAIC job again, hopefully it’s just the weirdness of Charleston.

Interview Question – What was my favorite Batman movie?
Which Batman did I consider myself to be closest to and why?
  View Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Security Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, asking on your background, why you want to join the company, reason of leaving, why you left your previous job, personality check

Interview Questions

• Explain major computer security vulnerabilities. Scenario questions may apply. There is an outbreak in the network and you are the only support analyst in the shift, what would be the first thing that you do?   View Answer
  • Why you are interested to work in security operation Center?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depends on the position but it can be Flexible, usually Min - Mid - Max range applies to most positions. Depends on your experience and how well you do on the actual interview. There is always a limit to negotiate.

Senior Trainer Interview

Senior Trainer
Fort Campbell, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the job by a person I worked with in the military. The initial interview went well and took about 30 minutes of face-to-face Q&A from a panel of 5 people working with both General Dynamics Information Technology and Science Applications International Corporation. The questions were mostly experience and opinion questions with a mixture of behavioral, competency and "what if" questions that seemed to be geared toward finding out my leadership capabilities, my training background and my ability to think on my feet. Each person asked 3-5 questions, very similar to a promotion board in the military, before the questioning proceded to the next person in line. The interview ended with the site manager who basically summarized the interview and asked if I had any questions or concerns. I asked a few basic questions about the corporate culture, typical work hours, the morale of the site, and what I could expect next. After the interview, I was escorted out of the building and didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks. I followed up a couple of times, but was told I was in a pool of people being considered for the position that was being reviewed by the hiring manager (he was not at the face-to-face interview because he was located in Orlando, FL). About 2-3 weeks after the face-to-face interview, I recieved a call from the hiring manager for a follow-up phone interview.

Interview Question – How many ball bearings, 1" in diameter, can you fit into a 747 aircraft?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – During the follow-up phone interview, the hiring manager extended an offer. I countered with a list of reasons I should make more and told him I was hoping the offer would be a bit more lucrative. He countered by saying he was limited in how much he could pay, based on the fact that the work was a firm fixed price government contract, with very little "wiggle room." I asked if there was anything he could do to offset some of my moving costs and he basically told me the offer was as good as it would get. This left me feeling a bit underwhelmed and prompted me to ask if there was anything I could say or do that would change his mind. He basically told me that the offer is what it is and our discussion was more a formality than anything else.

I would offer the following advice to anyone wanting to work at the Ft. Campbell BCTC (with either GDIT or SAIC). First, the offer that you get will likely be the only one you get, because there is a long line of folks waiting to "get in" the door. Second, the work environment is very cordial and the work is very satisfying, but the extraneous rumors and gossip that goes on behind closed doors is both distracting and demoralizing. Third, there are a lot of good people at the BCTC, but a lot of high performers have left the BCTC because there is no real incentive to be a high performer or do great things.

Software Test Manager Interview

Software Test Manager
San Diego, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at SAIC in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed as well as interviewing of existing Software Test Manager to determine the fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do for process improvement of this program if upper management approved?   View Answer
  • How will you keep involved with your team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was casual and was open for negotiation until both parties agreed.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was cold-called by a recruiter who knew that I was losing coverage for my current position. The recruiter told me that my current salary was significantly higher than what this out-of-state position could offer but still wanted to arrange a phone interview with the Project Manager. I agreed and after the first interview which went fine, the PM wanted a 2nd interview to include his technical staff. I was not as prepared as I should have been for the 2nd interview and it did not go as well as I would have liked. I have not heard anything back and I decided not pursue it any farther since it was for a job that would require non-reimbursable relocation for less yearly salary. It was a good learning experience for future interviews.

Interview Question – The tough questions were technical and pointed asking things like "What is your experience with <XYZ>?"   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by SAIC recruiter - Next was telephone interview with Senior Management of SAIC section - Next was Filling out all of the application paperwork and taking my urinalysis for drug screening. I traveled to MD for a face to face interview with the Project Manager and the Senior Manager of the Division => Pointed questions asked looking for short concise answers with loaded content, they had done their homework and knew a lot about me already. Do not try and Buffalo Charge your way through - it would be a short interview!
Perception of the personnel is they like their jobs and what they do very much; most of the men are retired military and know the job inside out, very professional. The offices are very nice modern with free coffee mess including sodas. The work culture is not driven by the managers being Simon Legree, but they hire personnel that like to work and are proud of the product they produce; All work together as a team and when there are sticky spots all pull together to find solutions. The professionalism of the management seems to have filtered down to the rest of the team and they pay well with good benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is the process you would follow to initiate and follow through for a complete site approval package?   View Answer
  • Situational ethical questions on workplace with employers, Contract personnel, fellow employees   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for an extra benefit, however, don't get to hung up on what you think you are worth in side packages because if they percieve you are too greedy they will put you on the "We will call you" list.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was basically focussed on the technology. The questions were not easy and the interview took around 2-3 hours. There were 3 technical rounds and 2 HR rounds. The Technical rounds were very good and the HR round were basically just 10 minute discussions on Salary, Role and quoting reasons for leaving the current organization. If you are looking forward to join SAIC, be good technically and do some really good preperations. That is what I would suggest

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The negotiations depend on the technology and its current market value. The lesser the number of resources available outside on the technology you work on , the higher you can demand. If you are giving a lot of interviews and you have a rough idea of what your technology and skill set are worth, just demand 50k-100k more than what other companies like Infosys, TCS, Accenture, IBM are offering.

War Games Analyst Interview

War Games Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SAIC in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. I was then invited for an in-person interview, which had to wait till I was back in-country. For the in-person, I met with three sets of my peers to be, so everyone in the office had a chance to meet me, and then interviewed with my now boss. They were ready to make an offer, but a source of work dried up and they put of hiring for several months. They called me back in four months, and I was both still looking and still very interested in the position. I had a short additional interview with my boss, and then was offered the position.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the requirement to do mundane, none-intellectual chores like database management?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in July 2010.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was very professional, however SAIC is not very fast on getting back to you. The interview was a phone interview with three employees asking questions that were related to the work they are hiring for and your past experience. Questions focused on your past real life experiences and how they may relate to the current opening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company and how can you contribute?   Answer Question
  • Give an example on how you met a customer's requirement and added value to the mission.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is limited negotiation regarding. If you ask for a higher salary, they may not offer any more than a few thousand dollar adjustment. It's best to offer justification on why you deserve a higher salary. A lower Salary can be offset with relocation allowances even if they state there is none. It's much easier to get relocation allowance as this money is paid out of a different budget. If you ask you'll likely get it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC interview questions and advice. All 185 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees and interview candidates.