SAIC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Polk, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC (Fort Polk, LA) in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted by management, meet with them all parties were dressed formal. All managers were present at the interview and asked question. questions were basic for the most part and a few tech questions. information about my Certifications and qualification was reviewed and my daily work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be a good fit to work at this location, Why did i leave my last job. have I had to deal with a difficult customer. what I currently do on a regular basis at my current job.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SAIC (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

It was pretty standard Q/A, They asked me a question, I then had to answer it. If I tried to answer a question that they did not ask, they would re-ask me the same question until I answered it.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Two interviews, one with management and one with peers. I networked among family, friends and previous co-workers, which lead to an brief meeting with a former employee that gave me a name and phone number of a supervisor that happened to have an upcoming opening that was not actually posted yet as an open position.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in this Company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial offer was low but I really wanted to job. I was brought in through a temp agency, hired within 3 months.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Pretty straight forward as it was an internal move. I did interview with the manager and entire team. It seemed intimidating at first, but they were a good team. I learned a lot about the job through this process and this made me excited about the opportunity. So it was a good move.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to transition into a new position?   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

The interview was before both the manager and the seasoned employee (not human resources). Mostly the interview was them explaining what the company does and the benefits of working there. I do not remember the specifc questions that were asked outside of why I would be transitioning out of the military and if I would be willing to perform other duties besides that which was listed on the job write up. They needed a person immediately and therefore also asked when was the soonest I could begin work. After the group panel, I later had a phone interview with another employee who would be the one I would be working more closely with. Because the work involves team work, it was important for them to see if my temperament would mesh with their group.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was given an interview based on an employee referral. If you know someone who works here get a referral because it speeds the process up quite a bit. I was contacted and informally interviewed by several different recruiters as they tried to find the right place for me within SAIC. Interviewed with my manager once on the phone and was called a few days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my experience and what I anticipated the job responsibilities to be   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview

I had two panel interviews. First interview was with the team I will work with directly and second with upper management. Both were at least and hour long with lots of questions about the job. No personal questions just really about the job and my experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions directly related to job description and how my past experience will help me perform on the job.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

After meeting with a headhunter (who interviewed me both over the phone and in person), I met with the project manager. He explained the position and what was expected (to his knowledge). We discussed my relevant work history, ability to work with different people, and reviewed some example documents I brought in my portfolio. He discussed the security and stage of the project, and I supplied my security clearance and a Gantt chart.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC in October 2011.

Interview

I had 3 interviews total 1st was with HR this was basic questions about I you would handle this or that. 2nd was the IT Manager this was basic question. The 3rd was the technical this was hard there were questions about things that was no where near the job I was applying for but I just think they were trying to get a grasp on everything knew about IT.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would go about creating a vmware environment?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Knox, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Fort Knox, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire process was handled over the phone, over a period of two days. My interviewers were serious players and were able to provide a wide breadth of information about duties, responsibilities and expectations. I have high praise for the recruiter, who was very transparent and helpful throughout the entire process. Timelines and expectations were negotiated, established and met. I was never waiting for information, and received constant feedback and responses to all questions. Be warned: you'll have some work ahead of you after accepting the offer and before your first day. But you'll have your recruiter on hand to help, and in my case the recruiter was great.

Interview Questions

• I won't provide specifics, but expect a series of general questions along with some technical questions to establish your knowledge set and communications skills. If you're a solid communicator and match your job description you'll probably be fine.   Answer Question