SAIC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.6

Production Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in August 2014.

First they contacted me by email to schedule a short phone interview, after that they called back to schedule a long onsite interview (more than 1 hour) and a week later they called for a shorter onsite interview, a week after that they tell you if you got the job.

IT Secutiry Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Very thorough and well organized, then degraded as I was promoted to other positions. Interviewing process was non-existent after initial interview. The management postion offered was not what was assigned.

Little, take it or leave it...

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crane, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crane, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SAIC in March 2010.

A series of 3 interviews. Two telephone interviews and one face to face interview with two senior engineers. Most of the questions centered around technical experience. Some questions were directed at my military experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult or emergency situation?   Answer Question
    Straight forward.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in January 2011.

Phone Screening and 2 Phone interview on same day. Received an offer 2 weeks later. Didn't take the position because I received a better offer but would have been happy to take it otherwise

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward, asked to give examples of times when I used some of my skills listed on my resume in my past.   Answer Question

Received a better offer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at SAIC in June 2014.

Very pleasant interviewing process. Was thorough on what was expected in job requirements and very professional interview.
    It did take a while filling out all the necessary paperwork and all the back and forth emails. I suppose that is to be expected if you work for the government and have to have a security clearance.
    The last interview was a little intimidating because they asked me every question in the book about my background and financial history. The lady was very professional and I didn't feel too uncomfortable. I guess those types of experiences are good lessons for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Actually at the initial interview, I was quite pleased with the interview questions. There was no high-pressured trick questions that some interviewer like to play. I value the respect and consideration of a good interviewer who doesn't play head games.
      It was the final interview that was a little more pressured. They ask everything about your background and financial history. It was a good learning experience, as I had never gone through something quite like that before.
        Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC.

Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions
    • Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question
    I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Project Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC.

HR and the hiring manager did not have their communication together. According to the hiring manager, I was hired, however HR had more processes to do, before, I come to in for work.

Interview Questions
    • Difficut Question that did not have to do with the job   Answer Question
    Close to my house

Engineering Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Multi-person interview. All interviewers were very cordial and professional. The office environment was professional and courteous but also surprisingly casual. I interviewed on two occasions prior to being given an offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I really wanted to work for this company for some time so I instantly accepted the offer.

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

HR appoitment to interview/no technical questions/just an overview of my resume and the job details. One week later HR called with $ offer and benefits package/ fnal interview to close all and drug test. working in three weeks

No negotiation, this is what the salary is would you like the job or not

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in February 2014.

A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!