SAIC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.5

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview process was normal. Much easier to be interviewed over the phone than in person. I was asked lots of pertinent questions regarding the job itself. Thought it was strange they were so concerned what movies I liked to watch, and other personal stuff that felt more like non-job related questions.

Interview Questions
    • The usual stuff, nothing special about the questions. Pretty much everything was as expected except for the questions about my movie preferences. I imagine that wasn't the deal killer or anything anyways. I got an offer but I declined because I took another job.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

I interviewed with the primary contractor on this particular contact. SAIC is the subcontractor. I was early and the interviewer was a tad bit late because he was in a meeting. But he was friendly, laid back and easy to converse with. I also met with the program manager who was also very friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic technical questions, but more focused on customer service.   Answer Question
    They started really low and I kind of shot my self in the foot for not making my counter-offer higher. So the final offer was $1000 less than my bottom. I took it because they do give 3% yearly pay increases.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I was lucky to be one of few of my skill-set, and the manager had already expressed interest in hiring me. I met with his boss who basically gave me a summary of the company and its values.

Interview Questions
    • It was as difficult as being asked simply about my previous experiences and projects.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at SAIC in June 2014.

Very pleasant interviewing process. Was thorough on what was expected in job requirements and very professional interview.
    It did take a while filling out all the necessary paperwork and all the back and forth emails. I suppose that is to be expected if you work for the government and have to have a security clearance.
    The last interview was a little intimidating because they asked me every question in the book about my background and financial history. The lady was very professional and I didn't feel too uncomfortable. I guess those types of experiences are good lessons for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Actually at the initial interview, I was quite pleased with the interview questions. There was no high-pressured trick questions that some interviewer like to play. I value the respect and consideration of a good interviewer who doesn't play head games.
      It was the final interview that was a little more pressured. They ask everything about your background and financial history. It was a good learning experience, as I had never gone through something quite like that before.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

I found the job through a local Job Fair at the University, this was followed by an initial interview. After the initial interview the hiring manager followed up with an email exchange and a follow up call confirming their decision to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were directly related to the Job, prior research on the job roles covered all questions.   Answer Question
    SAIC lowballs on pay.

Seismologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source – interviewed at SAIC.

Submit application and graduate school transcripts, invited to interview and present Dissertation to staff, soon after offered the position with very competitive salary negotiations. I was then introduced to the staff individually, and the direction of my research was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked during dissertation presentation, all challenging. No discussion of business case since the position was clearly as a staff scientist in support of DARPA's test-ban treaty program.   Answer Question
    SAIC has completely transformed since my hire long ago. However, to my knowledge the application and interview for entry-level positions is similar

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC in April 2014.

Applied through LinkedIn and received an email from the recruiter within 1 week requesting for a suitable time for a call.
    One of the first questions the recruiter asked was whether I am authorized to work in the United States. I informed that I am authorized to work on a H1B visa. The recruiter informed me that at the current time, they are not considering candidates who require sponsorship.

Interview Questions
    • Did not reach until the technical interview round as I needed sponsorship   View Answer

Call Center Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC.

I was brought in through a staffing agency and given an opportunity to come on-board full time based on performance

Interview Questions
    They simply e-mailed me an offer letter and I was given the opportunity to accept or reject it

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then on-site interview with 4 people, individually. Their questions varied widely. Some asked technical (rather predicable) questions, some asked me to ask questions I want to ask., some just explained the work expected.

It looked like they invite for an on site interview only when they are prettyr sure they want want to hire the candidate.

Pretty much standard - said my requirement, got the initial offer, made a count offer, and got it.

Software Systems Engineer Interview

This was a panel interview. It was in a relaxed environment. There was a set of questions which the interviewers asked questions from. They initially started by going through my resume, and understanding my work experiences. They then asked questions about how I handled certain situations as it related to my past work experience.