SAIC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Project Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC).

Interview

First contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone screening. About a week after the phone screen, received another email to schedule an in-person interview. The instructions to get to the interview were detailed and helpful. The only thing that would make it better is to instruct applicants which entrance, and where to go after they enter. I almost missed the sign that said "visitors" and walked straight through armed security. Given that this is DC, I'm sure I would have been face to the floor, hands behind my back. The interview itself was pleasant. The interviewers were friendly, welcoming, and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The recruiting manager even gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions. But after that, everything went downhill. I was informed I would hear back the following week. I didn't get a response. I called the manager and was informed the recruiter would get back to, and that there was a budgeting issue that may prevent the job from being filled. I never got a response from the recruiter so I emailed asking for a follow-up and still nothing. Shortly thereafter I looked at the requisition online and it stated the position was filled. I wished that if I didn't get the position, they would extend me the professional courtesy to tell me I was not selected and why. Applicants such as myself are professional enough to take rejection and learn from the experience. If not, then those applicants shouldn't get the position anyway. No response is the worst response. At least "no" meant I could start looking for other opportunities instead of waiting on this one. But all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience and I would still apply for SAIC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what this graph means to you (interviewer drew a 7-day trending up sinusoid)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAIC in October 2014.

Interview

I got an email from my school about the job and decided to apply, and later got an interview. The interviewer was an engineer who graduated from the school I am currently attending. I feel like he understood things a lot better than an HR person would. The interview lasted half and hour. The questions were pretty generic, but some good conversations resulted out of them, so I was able to get a lot in.

Interview Questions

• One question was, what project are you most proud of? They seem to value doing projects on your own, outside of classes.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAIC in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was coordinated through my university's career center. There was only one interview. After the interview, there was paperwork to be filled out. The decision was made within 2 months of the interview.

Interview Questions

• The question was related to their value of customer success : "We define our success by our customers' success" The question was this: Tell me about a time that you dealt with a customer and what you did to ensure their success.   Answer Question

Mission and Seta Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview from a job interview. It was around 30 minutes and they asked basic questions. A lot of question regarding stress management, leadership abilities, organization and personality. Then we discussed about what about SAIC interested me. Then we talked about where I saw myself in the next five years.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when you were faced with a problem and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

IT Secutiry Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Very thorough and well organized, then degraded as I was promoted to other positions. Interviewing process was non-existent after initial interview. The management postion offered was not what was assigned.

Negotiation

Little, take it or leave it...

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed within a week or two after applying. The interview itself was very quick. The normal questions were asked; "time management, team player, and skills". After I interviewed they notified me in 3 days that I was hired, if I accepted of course.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question wasn't that bad, but they asked what I thought was my best quality. I am not one to brag about myself, so this was a curveball for me.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

After meeting with a headhunter (who interviewed me both over the phone and in person), I met with the project manager. He explained the position and what was expected (to his knowledge). We discussed my relevant work history, ability to work with different people, and reviewed some example documents I brought in my portfolio. He discussed the security and stage of the project, and I supplied my security clearance and a Gantt chart.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Production Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in August 2014.

Interview

First they contacted me by email to schedule a short phone interview, after that they called back to schedule a long onsite interview (more than 1 hour) and a week later they called for a shorter onsite interview, a week after that they tell you if you got the job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Project Control Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

HR and the hiring manager did not have their communication together. According to the hiring manager, I was hired, however HR had more processes to do, before, I come to in for work.

Interview Questions

• Difficut Question that did not have to do with the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Close to my house