SAIC

185 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then on-site interview with 4 people, individually. Their questions varied widely. Some asked technical (rather predicable) questions, some asked me to ask questions I want to ask., some just explained the work expected.

It looked like they invite for an on site interview only when they are prettyr sure they want want to hire the candidate.

Negotiation Details – Pretty much standard - said my requirement, got the initial offer, made a count offer, and got it.

Principal Usability Engineer Interview

Principal Usability Engineer
Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at SAIC in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was lucky. A colleague who had been hired by SAIC recommended me for a new contract position. My resume and background suited the job and SAIC trusted my colleague's judgement. The interview was a 'getting to know you more" conversation that we all enjoyed. The interviewer shared his experience going through the polygraph examination. It was useful to me to hear that experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for SAIC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $150,000 and they replied with $140,000 indicated that was what the contract could afford. Pretty straight-forward. I wanted the job.

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Software Systems Engineer

Interviewed at SAIC

Interview Details – This was a panel interview. It was in a relaxed environment. There was a set of questions which the interviewers asked questions from. They initially started by going through my resume, and understanding my work experiences. They then asked questions about how I handled certain situations as it related to my past work experience.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Aerospace Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email confirmation of my application on January 16th and received a phone call from a recruiter on February 6th. The recruiter asked me two questions. 1) Can you come down to Houston for an in person interview?, and 2) This position pays X dollars per year, are you okay with that? I replied "yes" to both questions. Afterwards, the recruiter told me that they'd call again to schedule an interview.
     I called the recruiter back on February 12th because I didn't hear back. They clarified that the interview would be over the phone for applicants living outside of the Houston area and that they'd call back to schedule a phone interview. They called back on February 18th and offered two interview times, 1) The morning of the 19th, or 2) The afternoon on the 20th. They also told me the name of the hiring manager I'd be speaking with. I went with the morning phone interview.
     The hiring manager called promptly at the scheduled time and the interview went pretty well, but I didn't expect there to be another interviewer with her. After the interview, the manager asked me if I could come down for an in person interview. I wanted to schedule another interview right then and there but it didn't seem like they were shooting for that. I was expecting a phone call, but was surprised with an email the next week with an employment offer.

Interview Question – I was asked the standard interview questions you can find on the web, and I wasn't asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. I am a fresh college graduate so I didn't feel like I had any leverage to negotiate.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Facilities Engineer
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Depending on the position and location, the process may be different. First interview is typically held at their local city office. Then you are taken to the offsite where you will be working to review and interview.

Interview Question – Most questions relate to your experience as it relates to the position. The interviewers are no-nonsense and come right to the point in asking and telling you about the details of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They presented a starting salary and a range and timeline that was acceptable and typical of the area.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at SAIC

Interview Details – Friendly, cordial interview. Questions were fair, mostly easy. Would prepare for technical questions more.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Quantico, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process were great. There was one person from SAIC and one person from the subcontractor. The hiring process was quick and easy.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Technical Training Manager Interview

Technical Training Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in May 2010.

Interview Details – All job openings are listed on both the internal and external facing Websites, giving a fair opportunity to all applicants. Due to the nature of government contracting however, many job openings are for very specific positions, often leaving many applicants out of the running.

Interview Question – Network and software engineering interviews will often involve troubleshooting a scenario that showcases the applicants ability to think on the fly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In my particular case, I was coming into the company as an existing sub-contractor already doing the work I was interviewing for. The benefit to the company was the fact that they did not have to pay another company to do my specialized work and as a result, they could offer me more to start.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Instructor Interview

Technical Instructor
Camp Pendleton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – Initially I was given a phone interview. Then a one-on-one and then an oral interview conducted by several employees. Upon hire, I was then subjected to a week of sexual harassment and other training modules - more than any other company I have worked for, probably as a result of past issues that have plagued this company. On-the-job training followed oral testing and a series of practical application demonstrations.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult or unexpected. The interview process was very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation consisted of an offer, my counter offer, their acceptance and then mine. It was a very routine process.

EVM Analyst Interview

EVM Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in July 2012.

Interview Details – Based upon my past experience, SAIC offered me the opportunity to represent the US Army as an EVM ANALYST for all contracts for non-it products. I interface with the DoD PARCA on EVM performance monthly and DoD records the problem contracts. As this representative, the US Army improved between 30% and 50% per month.

Interview Question – Hiring depended upon approval by the government.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a salary starting at $115,000.