SAIC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

IT Secutiry Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Very thorough and well organized, then degraded as I was promoted to other positions. Interviewing process was non-existent after initial interview. The management postion offered was not what was assigned.

Negotiation

Little, take it or leave it...

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed within a week or two after applying. The interview itself was very quick. The normal questions were asked; "time management, team player, and skills". After I interviewed they notified me in 3 days that I was hired, if I accepted of course.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question wasn't that bad, but they asked what I thought was my best quality. I am not one to brag about myself, so this was a curveball for me.   Answer Question

Production Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in August 2014.

Interview

First they contacted me by email to schedule a short phone interview, after that they called back to schedule a long onsite interview (more than 1 hour) and a week later they called for a shorter onsite interview, a week after that they tell you if you got the job.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

After meeting with a headhunter (who interviewed me both over the phone and in person), I met with the project manager. He explained the position and what was expected (to his knowledge). We discussed my relevant work history, ability to work with different people, and reviewed some example documents I brought in my portfolio. He discussed the security and stage of the project, and I supplied my security clearance and a Gantt chart.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Project Control Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview

HR and the hiring manager did not have their communication together. According to the hiring manager, I was hired, however HR had more processes to do, before, I come to in for work.

Interview Questions

• Difficut Question that did not have to do with the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Close to my house

Engineering Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Multi-person interview. All interviewers were very cordial and professional. The office environment was professional and courteous but also surprisingly casual. I interviewed on two occasions prior to being given an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I really wanted to work for this company for some time so I instantly accepted the offer.

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

HR appoitment to interview/no technical questions/just an overview of my resume and the job details. One week later HR called with $ offer and benefits package/ fnal interview to close all and drug test. working in three weeks

Negotiation

No negotiation, this is what the salary is would you like the job or not

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Interview was via phone with recruiter and then via phone with hiring manager. Hiring manager was reported to be "extremely busy" so interview could not take place in person although the company is close by and an in-person interview could have easily been set up. Never a good sign when meeting in person is preferred. Seemed that the hiring manager was just trying to fill a set of strict requirements on a list and not looking what candidates could bring to the table overall. Pleasant conversations. Follow up by the recruiter was not good considering no written or verbal notification that the position was filled or removed. No positive or negative communication was extended except that the position just disappeared from the job posting list.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The usual expected questions of tell me about yourself, your background, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Interview process was normal. Much easier to be interviewed over the phone than in person. I was asked lots of pertinent questions regarding the job itself. Thought it was strange they were so concerned what movies I liked to watch, and other personal stuff that felt more like non-job related questions.

Interview Questions

• The usual stuff, nothing special about the questions. Pretty much everything was as expected except for the questions about my movie preferences. I imagine that wasn't the deal killer or anything anyways. I got an offer but I declined because I took another job.   Answer Question