SAIC Interview Questions

2.6

Imagery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2013.

First interview was over the phone with the basic questions. Second interview was much more difficult as it was made up of team members I would be working with from multiple companies.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that were based on the current mission that I had no clue about and pertained to past mistakes by the current team.   Answer Question
    Via email, and I declined the 1st offer and countered.

COMSEC Specialist/Info Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennedy Space Center, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

I had one interview. The process was very professional and the hiring manager was polite. I was told I was the one who was going to be hired before the interview process began.

Interview Questions
    • I was told I was the one who was going to be hired before I was interviewed so no difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was conducted as they offered me more than I was making.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then on-site interview with 4 people, individually. Their questions varied widely. Some asked technical (rather predicable) questions, some asked me to ask questions I want to ask., some just explained the work expected.

It looked like they invite for an on site interview only when they are prettyr sure they want want to hire the candidate.

Pretty much standard - said my requirement, got the initial offer, made a count offer, and got it.

Principal Usability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at SAIC in January 2010.

I was lucky. A colleague who had been hired by SAIC recommended me for a new contract position. My resume and background suited the job and SAIC trusted my colleague's judgement. The interview was a 'getting to know you more" conversation that we all enjoyed. The interviewer shared his experience going through the polygraph examination. It was useful to me to hear that experience.

Interview Questions
    I asked for $150,000 and they replied with $140,000 indicated that was what the contract could afford. Pretty straight-forward. I wanted the job.

Software Systems Engineer Interview

This was a panel interview. It was in a relaxed environment. There was a set of questions which the interviewers asked questions from. They initially started by going through my resume, and understanding my work experiences. They then asked questions about how I handled certain situations as it related to my past work experience.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2014.

I received an email confirmation of my application on January 16th and received a phone call from a recruiter on February 6th. The recruiter asked me two questions. 1) Can you come down to Houston for an in person interview?, and 2) This position pays X dollars per year, are you okay with that? I replied "yes" to both questions. Afterwards, the recruiter told me that they'd call again to schedule an interview.
         I called the recruiter back on February 12th because I didn't hear back. They clarified that the interview would be over the phone for applicants living outside of the Houston area and that they'd call back to schedule a phone interview. They called back on February 18th and offered two interview times, 1) The morning of the 19th, or 2) The afternoon on the 20th. They also told me the name of the hiring manager I'd be speaking with. I went with the morning phone interview.
         The hiring manager called promptly at the scheduled time and the interview went pretty well, but I didn't expect there to be another interviewer with her. After the interview, the manager asked me if I could come down for an in person interview. I wanted to schedule another interview right then and there but it didn't seem like they were shooting for that. I was expecting a phone call, but was surprised with an email the next week with an employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked the standard interview questions you can find on the web, and I wasn't asked any technical questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. I am a fresh college graduate so I didn't feel like I had any leverage to negotiate.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in September 2010.

Depending on the position and location, the process may be different. First interview is typically held at their local city office. Then you are taken to the offsite where you will be working to review and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions relate to your experience as it relates to the position. The interviewers are no-nonsense and come right to the point in asking and telling you about the details of the job.   Answer Question
    They presented a starting salary and a range and timeline that was acceptable and typical of the area.

Analyst Interview

Friendly, cordial interview. Questions were fair, mostly easy. Would prepare for technical questions more.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quantico, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process were great. There was one person from SAIC and one person from the subcontractor. The hiring process was quick and easy.

no negotiations

Technical Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in May 2010.

All job openings are listed on both the internal and external facing Websites, giving a fair opportunity to all applicants. Due to the nature of government contracting however, many job openings are for very specific positions, often leaving many applicants out of the running.

Interview Questions
    • Network and software engineering interviews will often involve troubleshooting a scenario that showcases the applicants ability to think on the fly.   Answer Question
    In my particular case, I was coming into the company as an existing sub-contractor already doing the work I was interviewing for. The benefit to the company was the fact that they did not have to pay another company to do my specialized work and as a result, they could offer me more to start.