SAIC

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SAIC.

The interview consisted of two SAIC senior engineers in charge of the project as well as a UCSD professor. The interview was conducted on campus which was nice. The had a copy of my resume, but bring yours in case everyone wants a copy of their own. Then they basically asked me to talk about things on my resume. Asking about classes, projects and activities. Interviewers were super nice and chill people.

CSF-PREP Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

The position was posted on the SAIC website and I was referred by a member of the team from the worksite. I submitted an application, cover letter and resume electronically. I was contacted by the project lead one week later, as he was conducting screening interviews. The interviewer was friendly and had basic questions about my background. He indicated that he was conducting initial screening and that he would be inviting candidates to conduct in person interviews within the week (but indicated that he would be on leave the next week). After 12 days, I followed up and was told that the interviews would be conducted later in the month, but no specific timeline was given. I received an email asking if I would be available for an interview on one of two days. I was called by the project lead again, to schedule a specific time and date for the interview. He indicated that I would be asked to prepare and present a presentation (topic at my discretion) not to exceed 10 minutes, in order to demonstrate my ability to present to a group. I communicated with the admin staff and provided my presentation two days prior to the interview. The admin staff indicated that I could expect not more than 6 people to be present for the interview. When I arrived, I was shown around the facility by the admin staff, who were friendly and welcoming. There were four people present in the interview: the Regional Manager, the Project Lead, the Military Liaison/Counterpart and the Overall Site lead. They were up front about how the interview would proceed and I was offerred water. During the initial portion, I was asked questions by the interviewers (they all seemed to have some specific questions that they were interested in); approximately 45 minutes into the interview I gave my presenation; and then I was able to ask questions. Upon concluding the interview, I was thanked for coming and shown out. I was told that they would be making a decision within the week, after a week, I emailed to follow up and was told that they had not made a decision yet. I received an automated message that the job had been filled, but no other communication.

Interview Questions
    • Given that I had extensive experience as a client of the organization, I was asked how they were failing.   View Answer

Deskside Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at SAIC in August 2013.

One of the most positive job interview experiences I have ever had! I felt very comfortable and was able to speak at great lengths to the interviewers about the job and my qualifications, and how I may be of service to the company. From what I saw, I really liked the work environment and the job location very much.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked as part of a team?   View Answer

Configuration Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at SAIC in August 2013.

Never made it past first round

Imagery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in August 2013.

First interview was over the phone with the basic questions. Second interview was much more difficult as it was made up of team members I would be working with from multiple companies.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that were based on the current mission that I had no clue about and pertained to past mistakes by the current team.   Answer Question
    Via email, and I declined the 1st offer and countered.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Hit and miss with team interviews. Sometimes you can work with phenomenal people, and sometimes not. As with most companies, you won't know until you are working in the weeds with colleagues.

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in July 2013.

Hiring manager go over the company history, given a written test about 20 questions, and that about it.

Offer was less than average for c# developer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC in July 2013.

I was contacted shortly after posting a resume online. The first recruiter asked me several basic questions about my qualifications and set up an interview with a technical team lead for the project.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked which tools I was familiar with. Wasn't really difficult, but the list never seemed to end.   Answer Question
    I was asked what my expected salary was, I gave a range, and then by the end of tge daythe recruiter came back with a number at the top of my range. No surprises.

UNIX Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC.

Phone meeting with Engineer team to review skills
    Face to face with local workers to make sure I would fit in.

Accountant Interview

In my experience the interview is based upon skills and accomplishments. They want to make sure you have the technical skills/abilities, but there are few if any behavioral questions. Mostly if you have the skills and the hiring manager likes you at the interview you will get the job.