SAIC

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.6

App Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in May 2013.

Had a onsite interview with the lead. And got my offer after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't familiar with term uml, but knew about the OOP relationships in the diagram.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, but just took the offer.

Software Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAIC.

Hiring process was a little bit difficult. The recruiters had some technical issues on my online application form. It took a while to fix the technical issue.
    The interview was simple. The hiring manager just talked about the type of work, not difficult questions. The hiring manager pointed out a specific thing: people were hard to deal with.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever deal with difficult people?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in April 2013.

Take into account it was an internship position, but the interview process was undertaken nonetheless. Conducted face to face with two representatives as well as having 3-4 additional personnel on conference call, a variety of questions was asked in order to properly place me based on the skills I provided and the positions they had for offer. The two in-person representatives asked me questions relating to the regular HR-related material in order to gauge how I would function within the work place and with co-workers, while those on call asked more technical questions pertaining to my mathematical capability and fluency with computer software. They did ask me to describe past projects I had worked on that pertained to my particular field of study and to possibly explain what I did and why I did that project, in an effort to "sell" them my project if you will.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAIC.

Initially contacted by HR to set up in person interview. Met with supervisor of the project, VP of division and an engineer who was in my field. The interview wasn't very technical since it was for an internship, but the common behavioral questions were asked. Everyone was very professional and the process went by smoothly. Was contacted about a week later notifying me that I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which there was a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Initiated through family friend, sent resume, phone interview with potential supervisor, extension of offer

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about my ability to learn coding languages (I have no experience there)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in January 2013.

Interview lasted most of the day. Met with several teams of software engineers, and individually with managers. The process starts with a written Java and C++ programming proficiency exam. You are given an hour, and based on your results you continue the interview or exit early. Exam questions are reasonable for someone skilled in the languages. One team were the technical sharks and grilled hard on multithreading and software design. The other teams tested more for fit with the culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to implement a multithreaded GUI in Java. How would you design a search engine?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate salary and increased vacation time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in December 2012.

Phone interview, only, for a full-time position.

Interview Questions
    • Can I tell the difference between developing Java applications and servlets?   Answer Question
    No negotiation; I need the job.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in October 2012.

Initial telephone screen followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding creating/analyzing processes, how to improve or codify.   Answer Question
    Accepted with no negotiation due to salary being above what I had asked for.

Software, Security & Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC.

I did not do a standard interview. I was hired by a hiring manager I was in a Sun Solaris class with. After two days he offered me a job. After that he found out that Lockheed would not allow him to hire me, as I worked for them, as there were a sub, so he searched until he found another division who needed my skills. I did an interview with 6 staff, but had a offer in the mail box when I got home that day.

Interview Questions
    • lots of questions on networking, Encryption, and Unix/Microsoft Server Systems   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC in September 2012.

The interview process is pretty standard. You are called to a face-to-face meeting (if you live within the area) after review of resume. Standard interview questions are asked such as why are you interested in this position. Why are you leaving your current job. Technical questions are then asked that are applicable to the applicant's experience and the position.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was a transfer from another division but still had to interview. As someone who sat in on interviews in the past I was able to navigate the questions successfully.   Answer Question