SAIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter about a day or two after posting my resume in their database. After I talked with her and applied for the position officially, it took the hiring manager less than an hour to decide that they wanted to bring me in for a personal interview. I met the hiring manager and the next day they came to make me an offer.

Interview Question – General questions about my background and skills.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There were a few reasons I declined:
1) The benefits were less comprehensive than my current ones.
2) The salary was less than I wanted.
3) I was looking for a more senior role with more responsibilities.
4) The other developer I met that would've been on my team seemed less than interested in speaking to me. He barely poked his head from behind his computer screens to say hello to me. He barely even spoke to the hiring manager when she asked him a question. Busy or not, if you want to impress a potential candidate, be prepared to be friendly.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!