SAIC

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC in June 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter about a day or two after posting my resume in their database. After I talked with her and applied for the position officially, it took the hiring manager less than an hour to decide that they wanted to bring me in for a personal interview. I met the hiring manager and the next day they came to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

There were a few reasons I declined:
1) The benefits were less comprehensive than my current ones.
2) The salary was less than I wanted.
3) I was looking for a more senior role with more responsibilities.
4) The other developer I met that would've been on my team seemed less than interested in speaking to me. He barely poked his head from behind his computer screens to say hello to me. He barely even spoke to the hiring manager when she asked him a question. Busy or not, if you want to impress a potential candidate, be prepared to be friendly.