SAIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Chief Systems Engineer
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2014.

Interview Details – A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!

Interview Question – What things dont you like about working   Answer Question

Director of Payroll Interview

Director of Payroll
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – It was fast and very efficient

Interview Question – All questions were expected   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in February 2011.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview for starters which was really just running through my resume and confirming everything related to my job history; also, to confirm what other information they had heard. They also requested three job references.

Surprisingly the in-person job interview was only with the VP. This interview lasted about an hour and ahalf, was very short and sweet...about an hour and ahalf.

Interview Question – Straight forward. No major hurdles. Guess I had what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a little more money only because the amount of benefits related to phone, computer, mileage, etc. were less than my previous job. They gave me the small increase I requested.

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was promoted into the position. I had to sit with a couple of managers and explain how to perform several processes and I also had to take a skills test.

Interview Question – The skills test had some difficult portions. Some of the processes discussed in the test were exclusive to the company, so unless you were already in the company you wouldn't have a clue how to complete that particular process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary was as expected for my level of experience. pay was ok.

Software, Security & Systems Engineer Interview

Software, Security & Systems Engineer
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – I did not do a standard interview. I was hired by a hiring manager I was in a Sun Solaris class with. After two days he offered me a job. After that he found out that Lockheed would not allow him to hire me, as I worked for them, as there were a sub, so he searched until he found another division who needed my skills. I did an interview with 6 staff, but had a offer in the mail box when I got home that day.

Interview Question – lots of questions on networking, Encryption, and Unix/Microsoft Server Systems   Answer Question

Project Control Analyst II Interview

Project Control Analyst II
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in September 2008.

Interview Details – Applied for the job. Was called in for two rounds of interviews, one with the functional manager and the other with the technical people I would be supporting.

Interview Question – How would you manage a financial crisis on a project?   View Answer

Assistant Vice President/Health Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Vice President/Health Brand Manager
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted via e-mail in response to my application and resume submission. I was asked to answer a list of additional questions via e-mail. This was followed up by a call from an HR rep, so set up a series of five one-on-one interviews over 10 business days. (One was via telephone with a VP in CA.) Unfortunately, the perception of the environment/culture was much different than the reality.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. What was difficult was making a connection to the interviewer that would open the door to a more comfortable interview session. If you can't make that connection, chances are good that you won't get a positive review.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The initial salary offer was so far above what I was expecting (more than $29K than I had anticipated), that no negotiation was necessary. I was quite shocked, actually.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAIC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen addressed basic credentials. Had several one-on-one interviews during a morning period. Interviewed with HR-personnel, Business Development Manager, Vice President, and Senior Vice President. Interviews revolved around skills, background, and credentials.
Offer made after about 7 to 10 days.

Interview Question – Describe a situaltional where you had to promote/develop new or expansion to business.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in December 2010.

Interview Details – Got an email to answer questions, sent them back, contacted again by recruiter to arrange interview, came in for face to face interview, had to come back to meet manager, came in for 2nd interview. Made initial offer and then did background/drug test.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't see a need, offer was more than what I asked for. Very nice.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in December 2008.

Interview Details – very quick

Interview Question – Mostly just technical questions - can't remember the exacts   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they offered the minimum I told I would accept

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!