SAIC Project Manager Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAIC.

Communications was outstanding with the company. Expectations on the interview were clearly provided. I felt comfortable at the interview, the receptionists was very welcoming at the building and I was greeted on time for the interview. We began the interview with greetings and background of the interviewers and with my experiences. The interview lasted approx 45 min.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were pretty straight forward and there were no surprises. A Goof portion of the interview was discussing the potential position.   View Answer
The offer was contingent, if SAIC wins the bid then I will go through the negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC in March 2008.

Initial communication was phone interviews with 3 members of management. Then individual one on one interviews via telephone. Interviews were located on the west coast and I was on the east coast. Interviews were very pleasant and the best advice I can ofer anyone is to speak frankly. The people of SAIC are genuinely the nicest people I have ever worked bicoastly with.

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Can easily contact hiring manager. Single interview beforw job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult problem you've had to overcome?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in January 2011.

Interview Questions
    • You say you're a self-starter; give me an example of how you stay motivated and on-task when you are left to work alone   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at SAIC in March 2011.

My experience was not standard: I was contacted by a mentor who had heard I was available for a new position and able to relocate to a new city; he referred me to the hiring manager and arranged a phone interview. When I contacted the hiring manager, he was ready to hire me; he really seemed to just need to confirm there weren't any quality reasons to reject me. After the phone interview, I applied for the position on the company web site, and attached my resume and cover letter through their web interface. After the hiring manager completed a number of other interviews, he contacted me to discuss availability dates. Once we agreed on a start date, he submitted my info to the HR department and they sent me an offer. The offer was straight forward and no real reason to negotiate. Even if I had wanted to counter-offer for salary or benefits, I didn't see an easy way to do that, since the offer was sent from the HR department and not directly connected to the hiring manager. Because I knew that the business unit had reached its contract dollar limit, I figured that countering for salary would cost me the offer. So I accepted and traveled across country as fast as I could to start on time.

Interview Questions
    • "You say you're a self-starter; give me an example of how you stay motivated and on-task when you are left to work alone"   Answer Question
    • You're education includes an MBA; what part of your studies directly helped you succeed on your $11 million construction project? Give an example of how you resolved conflict among the design team and the contractors.   Answer Question

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!