SAIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Training Manager Interview

Technical Training Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in May 2010.

Interview Details – All job openings are listed on both the internal and external facing Websites, giving a fair opportunity to all applicants. Due to the nature of government contracting however, many job openings are for very specific positions, often leaving many applicants out of the running.

Interview Question – Network and software engineering interviews will often involve troubleshooting a scenario that showcases the applicants ability to think on the fly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In my particular case, I was coming into the company as an existing sub-contractor already doing the work I was interviewing for. The benefit to the company was the fact that they did not have to pay another company to do my specialized work and as a result, they could offer me more to start.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Instructor Interview

Technical Instructor
Camp Pendleton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – Initially I was given a phone interview. Then a one-on-one and then an oral interview conducted by several employees. Upon hire, I was then subjected to a week of sexual harassment and other training modules - more than any other company I have worked for, probably as a result of past issues that have plagued this company. On-the-job training followed oral testing and a series of practical application demonstrations.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult or unexpected. The interview process was very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation consisted of an offer, my counter offer, their acceptance and then mine. It was a very routine process.

App Developer Interview

App Developer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in May 2013.

Interview Details – Had a onsite interview with the lead. And got my offer after 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Wasn't familiar with term uml, but knew about the OOP relationships in the diagram.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, but just took the offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR to set up in person interview. Met with supervisor of the project, VP of division and an engineer who was in my field. The interview wasn't very technical since it was for an internship, but the common behavioral questions were asked. Everyone was very professional and the process went by smoothly. Was contacted about a week later notifying me that I was selected.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which there was a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in March 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke to 3 different managers 1:1 in series. Questions about experience, education, and engineering knowledge. Managers had different personalities but were all easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe basic equations involved in heat transfer.   View Answer
  • Look at engineering drawing and describe it, include problems you see.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate slightly higher pay. There is little room for negotiations since salaries are generally set by position within a range of no more than +/-5,000.

Security Analyst Interview

Security Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, asking on your background, why you want to join the company, reason of leaving, why you left your previous job, personality check

Interview Questions

• Explain major computer security vulnerabilities. Scenario questions may apply. There is an outbreak in the network and you are the only support analyst in the shift, what would be the first thing that you do?   View Answer
  • Why you are interested to work in security operation Center?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depends on the position but it can be Flexible, usually Min - Mid - Max range applies to most positions. Depends on your experience and how well you do on the actual interview. There is always a limit to negotiate.

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in July 2011.

Interview Details – submit an application online and get an email confirmation about the receipt. They review your resume for qualifications and will get a telephone interview. They will then refer you to the prospective customer.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Software Test Manager Interview

Software Test Manager
San Diego, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at SAIC in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed as well as interviewing of existing Software Test Manager to determine the fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do for process improvement of this program if upper management approved?   View Answer
  • How will you keep involved with your team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was casual and was open for negotiation until both parties agreed.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC interview questions and advice in San Diego, CA. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees and interview candidates.