SAIC Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.8

Technical Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Camp Pendleton, CA).

Interview

Initially I was given a phone interview. Then a one-on-one and then an oral interview conducted by several employees. Upon hire, I was then subjected to a week of sexual harassment and other training modules - more than any other company I have worked for, probably as a result of past issues that have plagued this company. On-the-job training followed oral testing and a series of practical application demonstrations.

Interview Questions

• No question was too difficult or unexpected. The interview process was very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation consisted of an offer, my counter offer, their acceptance and then mine. It was a very routine process.

App Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Had a onsite interview with the lead. And got my offer after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't familiar with term uml, but knew about the OOP relationships in the diagram.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, but just took the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initially contacted by HR to set up in person interview. Met with supervisor of the project, VP of division and an engineer who was in my field. The interview wasn't very technical since it was for an internship, but the common behavioral questions were asked. Everyone was very professional and the process went by smoothly. Was contacted about a week later notifying me that I was selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which there was a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

IT Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone screenings with recruiter, HR manager, and department manager then flew to the corporate HQ for interviews with my boss, his boss, and several of his peers. Took them about four weeks from the onsite interview to extend the offer, during which I touched base with my soon-to-be boss about once a week.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were unstructured--- Each person asked their own questions, mostly focused on different aspects of my professional background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate salary up about 5% from the initial offer. SAIC's final offer was very generous and included relocation support.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

submit an application online and get an email confirmation about the receipt. They review your resume for qualifications and will get a telephone interview. They will then refer you to the prospective customer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Two interviews, one with management and one with peers. I networked among family, friends and previous co-workers, which lead to an brief meeting with a former employee that gave me a name and phone number of a supervisor that happened to have an upcoming opening that was not actually posted yet as an open position.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in this Company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial offer was low but I really wanted to job. I was brought in through a temp agency, hired within 3 months.

Technical Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

All job openings are listed on both the internal and external facing Websites, giving a fair opportunity to all applicants. Due to the nature of government contracting however, many job openings are for very specific positions, often leaving many applicants out of the running.

Interview Questions

• Network and software engineering interviews will often involve troubleshooting a scenario that showcases the applicants ability to think on the fly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In my particular case, I was coming into the company as an existing sub-contractor already doing the work I was interviewing for. The benefit to the company was the fact that they did not have to pay another company to do my specialized work and as a result, they could offer me more to start.

Software Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed as well as interviewing of existing Software Test Manager to determine the fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do for process improvement of this program if upper management approved?   1 Answer
    • How will you keep involved with your team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was casual and was open for negotiation until both parties agreed.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Spoke to 3 different managers 1:1 in series. Questions about experience, education, and engineering knowledge. Managers had different personalities but were all easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe basic equations involved in heat transfer.   1 Answer
    • Look at engineering drawing and describe it, include problems you see.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate slightly higher pay. There is little room for negotiations since salaries are generally set by position within a range of no more than +/-5,000.