SAIC

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

Initially I was given a phone interview. Then a one-on-one and then an oral interview conducted by several employees. Upon hire, I was then subjected to a week of sexual harassment and other training modules - more than any other company I have worked for, probably as a result of past issues that have plagued this company. On-the-job training followed oral testing and a series of practical application demonstrations.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult or unexpected. The interview process was very straightforward.   Answer Question
    Negotiation consisted of an offer, my counter offer, their acceptance and then mine. It was a very routine process.

App Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in May 2013.

Had a onsite interview with the lead. And got my offer after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't familiar with term uml, but knew about the OOP relationships in the diagram.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, but just took the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAIC.

Initially contacted by HR to set up in person interview. Met with supervisor of the project, VP of division and an engineer who was in my field. The interview wasn't very technical since it was for an internship, but the common behavioral questions were asked. Everyone was very professional and the process went by smoothly. Was contacted about a week later notifying me that I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which there was a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Phone interview with HR, asking on your background, why you want to join the company, reason of leaving, why you left your previous job, personality check

Interview Questions
    • Explain major computer security vulnerabilities. Scenario questions may apply. There is an outbreak in the network and you are the only support analyst in the shift, what would be the first thing that you do?   View Answer
    • Why you are interested to work in security operation Center?   View Answer
    Depends on the position but it can be Flexible, usually Min - Mid - Max range applies to most positions. Depends on your experience and how well you do on the actual interview. There is always a limit to negotiate.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in July 2011.

submit an application online and get an email confirmation about the receipt. They review your resume for qualifications and will get a telephone interview. They will then refer you to the prospective customer.

Technical Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SAIC in May 2010.

All job openings are listed on both the internal and external facing Websites, giving a fair opportunity to all applicants. Due to the nature of government contracting however, many job openings are for very specific positions, often leaving many applicants out of the running.

Interview Questions
    • Network and software engineering interviews will often involve troubleshooting a scenario that showcases the applicants ability to think on the fly.   Answer Question
    In my particular case, I was coming into the company as an existing sub-contractor already doing the work I was interviewing for. The benefit to the company was the fact that they did not have to pay another company to do my specialized work and as a result, they could offer me more to start.

Software Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SAIC in March 2010.

Interviewed as well as interviewing of existing Software Test Manager to determine the fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do for process improvement of this program if upper management approved?   View Answer
    • How will you keep involved with your team?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was casual and was open for negotiation until both parties agreed.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in March 2009.

Spoke to 3 different managers 1:1 in series. Questions about experience, education, and engineering knowledge. Managers had different personalities but were all easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Describe basic equations involved in heat transfer.   View Answer
    • Look at engineering drawing and describe it, include problems you see.   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate slightly higher pay. There is little room for negotiations since salaries are generally set by position within a range of no more than +/-5,000.