SAIC

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

1.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

I found the job through a local Job Fair at the University, this was followed by an initial interview. After the initial interview the hiring manager followed up with an email exchange and a follow up call confirming their decision to hire me.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were directly related to the Job, prior research on the job roles covered all questions.   Answer Question
SAIC lowballs on pay.

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in January 2013.

Interview lasted most of the day. Met with several teams of software engineers, and individually with managers. The process starts with a written Java and C++ programming proficiency exam. You are given an hour, and based on your results you continue the interview or exit early. Exam questions are reasonable for someone skilled in the languages. One team were the technical sharks and grilled hard on multithreading and software design. The other teams tested more for fit with the culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to implement a multithreaded GUI in Java. How would you design a search engine?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate salary and increased vacation time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SAIC in September 2012.

Recruiter contacted me on linkedin, followed by a phone interview. He set me up with a group interview with 2 PMs and a developer the next day. Following evening I had written offer.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was an exact fit for the position. I was asked to describe specifics of my work experience, nothing more.   Answer Question
    Told them my salary requirements. They sweetened it a bit and added some PTO equivalent to my years experience as if I had been with the company for that time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in January 2011.

Phone Screening and 2 Phone interview on same day. Received an offer 2 weeks later. Didn't take the position because I received a better offer but would have been happy to take it otherwise

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward, asked to give examples of times when I used some of my skills listed on my resume in my past.   Answer Question

Received a better offer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC in July 2010.

After applying for two software engineering jobs with the company via their website, an SAIC recruiter called me to see if I'd be interested in interviewing for a position. He read me a lot of information with a lot of acronyms related to the position. He handed me off to someone in HR who sent me a few electronic documents to complete. I looked up the position the recruiter called me about, and it was not one of the positions for which I'd applied, so I'm figuring they're hurting for people to fill a new need.

I went to the interview, a group interview, and there were something like 12 to 15 of us in a large conference room with refreshments--snacks, drinks. The facility is quite nice, but the work would be performed at a customer's site, and they warned me during my interview that it was crowded.

Half of us were sent into a second room to interview with other SAIC employees. I interviewed at a table with two SAIC developers currently on the project for which I was interviewing. The room had about 6 or 7 such tables. They seemed nice and told me about the position. Then we went back into the conference room and were briefed by HR and talked amongst ourselves while the second half of the candidates went for their interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work on this project?   View Answer

The benefits are rather poor, frankly. The salary offering was decent, but there is little way to have much work-life balance given that all of your sick time comes out of your vacation pot, which is insufficient for someone with several years' experience. Also, the recruiter seemed a little too enthusiastic when he called to follow up, and my interview itself was almost too easy. All smiles and no tough questions. There's some kind of desperation going on there.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in February 2009.

There were a group of 5 developers performing the interview. They asked me on my previous job experience. Asked about my OO experience background and how well I know Java and what my experience was with java. There was no coding examples required.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your role and responsibilities of your last job.   Answer Question