SAIC

www.saic.com

SAIC Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC.

Initially I was contacted by a friend with a job description. After interviewing with him and some other members of his team I was offered the position. I worked there for 7 years and enjoyed the work and the people I worked with,

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC in December 2008.

I initially met with the company at a Campus interview for 30 minutes and it was quite casual. Questions were asked about how one would "teach" another and about my senior projects and group work. Behavioral questions were asked about how I went about to excel in school.

The 2nd (final) round interview was held at the office in McLean, VA. I met with 4 different people for about 30 mins each. Each was in a different position and asked about my resume and classes. The interview wasn't too technical and focused on my thought processes and group skills.

Interview Questions

Systems Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in February 2012.

I knew someone on the inside so I was able to get my foot in the door and bypass HR initially. The first interview I had was with the person I knew and a manager. It was an informal discussion over lunch. They were mostly interested in what I was looking for along with a little discussion of my experience and qualifications. A couple of days after that I was called by an HR person to set up a more formal interview. That interview was at SAIC with four other people. It was still fairly informal, but I was asked more specific questions about my experience and qualifications. Some of the questions were a little difficult only because they were related to areas I'm not very familiar with. It seemed they were trying to figure out where I would fit in the team as opposed to grilling me on what I know or don't know.Two weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    The HR person asked what my salary range was when he set up the second interview. The offer they presented came in higher than I was expecting and I did not try to negotiate higher as I didn't feel it would be worth it for an extra $1000.