SAIC

47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

War Games Analyst Interview

War Games Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SAIC in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. I was then invited for an in-person interview, which had to wait till I was back in-country. For the in-person, I met with three sets of my peers to be, so everyone in the office had a chance to meet me, and then interviewed with my now boss. They were ready to make an offer, but a source of work dried up and they put of hiring for several months. They called me back in four months, and I was both still looking and still very interested in the position. I had a short additional interview with my boss, and then was offered the position.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the requirement to do mundane, none-intellectual chores like database management?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President/Health Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Vice President/Health Brand Manager
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted via e-mail in response to my application and resume submission. I was asked to answer a list of additional questions via e-mail. This was followed up by a call from an HR rep, so set up a series of five one-on-one interviews over 10 business days. (One was via telephone with a VP in CA.) Unfortunately, the perception of the environment/culture was much different than the reality.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. What was difficult was making a connection to the interviewer that would open the door to a more comfortable interview session. If you can't make that connection, chances are good that you won't get a positive review.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The initial salary offer was so far above what I was expecting (more than $29K than I had anticipated), that no negotiation was necessary. I was quite shocked, actually.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Senior .NET Developer
Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is rate yourself in technology,then question abt oops concepts,database and white board exercise

Interview Question – what is ajax,xslt,linq,lamda expression,design pattern   Answer Question

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Chief Systems Engineer
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2014.

Interview Details – A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!

Interview Question – What things dont you like about working   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Systems Engineer IV
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAIC in February 2010.

Interview Details – Because the Program Manager knew me from working on another project in the mid-1990's, I was recommended to the Client. The Client interviewed me, liked my prior work, and hired me to work on-site. I was prepared for the interview because I had worked in the Shipbuilding Industry many years prior.

Interview Question – Have you worked on a daily basis with Shipboard Detailed Design Drawings in your former positions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for additional leave rather than negotiate salary.

EVM Analyst Interview

EVM Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in July 2012.

Interview Details – Based upon my past experience, SAIC offered me the opportunity to represent the US Army as an EVM ANALYST for all contracts for non-it products. I interface with the DoD PARCA on EVM performance monthly and DoD records the problem contracts. As this representative, the US Army improved between 30% and 50% per month.

Interview Question – Hiring depended upon approval by the government.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a salary starting at $115,000.

Imagery Analyst Interview

Imagery Analyst
Lexington Park, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone with the basic questions. Second interview was much more difficult as it was made up of team members I would be working with from multiple companies.

Interview Question – Questions that were based on the current mission that I had no clue about and pertained to past mistakes by the current team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Via email, and I declined the 1st offer and countered.

Deputy Division Manager Interview

Deputy Division Manager
Vienna, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

Interview Details – Internal Interview one-on-one with other Deputy Division Manager - informal interview - focus was on problems, solutions, lessons learned.

Interview Question – Name three experiences were you were presented with a problem, how you solved it, and what were the lessons learned.   View Answer

USCIS - Senior Deployment Engineer Interview

USCIS - Senior Deployment Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed at job fair, interview went great, I was told when an opening became available, I would be contacted. Three weeks later, an opening came available and nothing happened. Contacted HR rep and I wasn't on the hiring list, personal grudge... Can't contact hiring manager, do not have access through ISSIAC

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees and interview candidates.