SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Project Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Falls Church, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

A former coworker had the position and talked about me to his boss. He recommended me for the position before he left. He even gave him some examples of my work and showed him some of my excel files. The interview was very easy as he had alread made up his mind to hire me before the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negoating on this as it was an advance ment from another department.

Senior Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in September 2009.

Interview

The position was part of a new government contract and i was transitioned over from an older contract.

Interview Questions

• The only down side was having to be a temp employee for a few months.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

Key leadership contacted regarding the skills and expertise that i represented. Further investigation required a series of interviews with department having the needs that i represent. Negotiations with internal procurement and other adminstrative personnel to work through paper trail required and signatures at various levels. The divisions between groups and the locations in working with people - which of these 4 people do I call and ask -or do I call all of them.

Interview Questions

• Inernet and company identification was difficult to connect with the correct group so an e-mail and access to the company information was limited. Then once this was set in place a periodic expiration constantly (bi-monthly) was required to maintain an identity. So all paper work had to be submitted again.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Described in the "Most Difficult" section.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC (Quantico, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were great. There was one person from SAIC and one person from the subcontractor. The hiring process was quick and easy.

Negotiation

no negotiations

Seismologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Submit application and graduate school transcripts, invited to interview and present Dissertation to staff, soon after offered the position with very competitive salary negotiations. I was then introduced to the staff individually, and the direction of my research was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked during dissertation presentation, all challenging. No discussion of business case since the position was clearly as a staff scientist in support of DARPA's test-ban treaty program.   Answer Question

Negotiation

SAIC has completely transformed since my hire long ago. However, to my knowledge the application and interview for entry-level positions is similar

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Alexandria, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and the interviewers were very knowledgeable. My resume was reviewed prior to the interview and they came in with specific questions regarding my skills and experience. This was not a canned interview. It gave me a good sense of the company and the people I may potentially work with/for. I answered no to the question “Did you get an offer” because the position was offered to me however; I have not accepted at this time as I have not received a formal offer letter yet.

Interview Questions

• None, it was a skills based interview   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. Just know what the company is about and the details of the position you are applying for. Also, be prepared with the questions on what skills to you bring to the new postion

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was given an interview based on an employee referral. If you know someone who works here get a referral because it speeds the process up quite a bit. I was contacted and informally interviewed by several different recruiters as they tried to find the right place for me within SAIC. Interviewed with my manager once on the phone and was called a few days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my experience and what I anticipated the job responsibilities to be   Answer Question

Net Backup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with the Manager and team lead. Manager met me in the lobby and pronounced my name with the appropriate cadence.Complimented my coming in on time. He started by asking a few general questions then introduced me to the lead who was dialing in from a remote location. The lead asked me several application specific questions which I answered. After about 30 minutes the lead excused himself. The manager asked me operating environment related questions for another 40 minutes. He then told me the nature of the environment I was potentially going to work in.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps needed to conduct a disaster recovery exercise.   Answer Question

Project Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC).

Interview

First contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone screening.
    About a week after the phone screen, received another email to schedule an in-person interview.

The instructions to get to the interview were detailed and helpful. The only thing that would make it better is to instruct applicants which entrance, and where to go after they enter. I almost missed the sign that said "visitors" and walked straight through armed security. Given that this is DC, I'm sure I would have been face to the floor, hands behind my back.

The interview itself was pleasant. The interviewers were friendly, welcoming, and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The recruiting manager even gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions.

But after that, everything went downhill. I was informed I would hear back the following week. I didn't get a response. I called the manager and was informed the recruiter would get back to, and that there was a budgeting issue that may prevent the job from being filled. I never got a response from the recruiter so I emailed asking for a follow-up and still nothing. Shortly thereafter I looked at the requisition online and it stated the position was filled.

I wished that if I didn't get the position, they would extend me the professional courtesy to tell me I was not selected and why. Applicants such as myself are professional enough to take rejection and learn from the experience. If not, then those applicants shouldn't get the position anyway. No response is the worst response. At least "no" meant I could start looking for other opportunities instead of waiting on this one.

But all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience and I would still apply for SAIC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what this graph means to you (interviewer drew a 7-day trending up sinusoid)   1 Answer