SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.6

Project Control Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Falls Church, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

A former coworker had the position and talked about me to his boss. He recommended me for the position before he left. He even gave him some examples of my work and showed him some of my excel files. The interview was very easy as he had alread made up his mind to hire me before the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negoating on this as it was an advance ment from another department.

Senior Technical Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in September 2009.

Interview

The position was part of a new government contract and i was transitioned over from an older contract.

Interview Questions

• The only down side was having to be a temp employee for a few months.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

Key leadership contacted regarding the skills and expertise that i represented. Further investigation required a series of interviews with department having the needs that i represent. Negotiations with internal procurement and other adminstrative personnel to work through paper trail required and signatures at various levels. The divisions between groups and the locations in working with people - which of these 4 people do I call and ask -or do I call all of them.

Interview Questions

• Inernet and company identification was difficult to connect with the correct group so an e-mail and access to the company information was limited. Then once this was set in place a periodic expiration constantly (bi-monthly) was required to maintain an identity. So all paper work had to be submitted again.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Described in the "Most Difficult" section.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC (Quantico, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were great. There was one person from SAIC and one person from the subcontractor. The hiring process was quick and easy.

Negotiation

no negotiations

Seismologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Submit application and graduate school transcripts, invited to interview and present Dissertation to staff, soon after offered the position with very competitive salary negotiations. I was then introduced to the staff individually, and the direction of my research was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked during dissertation presentation, all challenging. No discussion of business case since the position was clearly as a staff scientist in support of DARPA's test-ban treaty program.   Answer Question

Negotiation

SAIC has completely transformed since my hire long ago. However, to my knowledge the application and interview for entry-level positions is similar

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Alexandria, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and the interviewers were very knowledgeable. My resume was reviewed prior to the interview and they came in with specific questions regarding my skills and experience. This was not a canned interview. It gave me a good sense of the company and the people I may potentially work with/for. I answered no to the question “Did you get an offer” because the position was offered to me however; I have not accepted at this time as I have not received a formal offer letter yet.

Interview Questions

• None, it was a skills based interview   1 Answer

Project Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC).

Interview

First contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone screening.
    About a week after the phone screen, received another email to schedule an in-person interview.

The instructions to get to the interview were detailed and helpful. The only thing that would make it better is to instruct applicants which entrance, and where to go after they enter. I almost missed the sign that said "visitors" and walked straight through armed security. Given that this is DC, I'm sure I would have been face to the floor, hands behind my back.

The interview itself was pleasant. The interviewers were friendly, welcoming, and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The recruiting manager even gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions.

But after that, everything went downhill. I was informed I would hear back the following week. I didn't get a response. I called the manager and was informed the recruiter would get back to, and that there was a budgeting issue that may prevent the job from being filled. I never got a response from the recruiter so I emailed asking for a follow-up and still nothing. Shortly thereafter I looked at the requisition online and it stated the position was filled.

I wished that if I didn't get the position, they would extend me the professional courtesy to tell me I was not selected and why. Applicants such as myself are professional enough to take rejection and learn from the experience. If not, then those applicants shouldn't get the position anyway. No response is the worst response. At least "no" meant I could start looking for other opportunities instead of waiting on this one.

But all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience and I would still apply for SAIC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what this graph means to you (interviewer drew a 7-day trending up sinusoid)   1 Answer

Call Center Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I was brought in through a staffing agency and given an opportunity to come on-board full time based on performance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They simply e-mailed me an offer letter and I was given the opportunity to accept or reject it

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

Basic phone interview for starters which was really just running through my resume and confirming everything related to my job history; also, to confirm what other information they had heard. They also requested three job references.

Surprisingly the in-person job interview was only with the VP. This interview lasted about an hour and ahalf, was very short and sweet...about an hour and ahalf.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward. No major hurdles. Guess I had what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a little more money only because the amount of benefits related to phone, computer, mileage, etc. were less than my previous job. They gave me the small increase I requested.

Software, Security & Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA).

Interview

I did not do a standard interview. I was hired by a hiring manager I was in a Sun Solaris class with. After two days he offered me a job. After that he found out that Lockheed would not allow him to hire me, as I worked for them, as there were a sub, so he searched until he found another division who needed my skills. I did an interview with 6 staff, but had a offer in the mail box when I got home that day.

Interview Questions

• lots of questions on networking, Encryption, and Unix/Microsoft Server Systems   Answer Question