SAIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2012.

Interview Details – Key leadership contacted regarding the skills and expertise that i represented. Further investigation required a series of interviews with department having the needs that i represent. Negotiations with internal procurement and other adminstrative personnel to work through paper trail required and signatures at various levels. The divisions between groups and the locations in working with people - which of these 4 people do I call and ask -or do I call all of them.

Interview Question – Inernet and company identification was difficult to connect with the correct group so an e-mail and access to the company information was limited. Then once this was set in place a periodic expiration constantly (bi-monthly) was required to maintain an identity. So all paper work had to be submitted again.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Described in the "Most Difficult" section.

Director of Payroll Interview

Director of Payroll
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – It was fast and very efficient

Interview Question – All questions were expected   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in February 2011.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview for starters which was really just running through my resume and confirming everything related to my job history; also, to confirm what other information they had heard. They also requested three job references.

Surprisingly the in-person job interview was only with the VP. This interview lasted about an hour and ahalf, was very short and sweet...about an hour and ahalf.

Interview Question – Straight forward. No major hurdles. Guess I had what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a little more money only because the amount of benefits related to phone, computer, mileage, etc. were less than my previous job. They gave me the small increase I requested.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was promoted into the position. I had to sit with a couple of managers and explain how to perform several processes and I also had to take a skills test.

Interview Question – The skills test had some difficult portions. Some of the processes discussed in the test were exclusive to the company, so unless you were already in the company you wouldn't have a clue how to complete that particular process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary was as expected for my level of experience. pay was ok.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – Hiring processes are highly varied. HR has little-to-no role. Expect to identify your experience in detail, to have certifications often required for key government support roles.

Senior Technical Officer Interview

Senior Technical Officer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at SAIC in September 2009.

Interview Details – The position was part of a new government contract and i was transitioned over from an older contract.

Interview Question – The only down side was having to be a temp employee for a few months.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial telephone screen followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Questions regarding creating/analyzing processes, how to improve or codify.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted with no negotiation due to salary being above what I had asked for.

Software, Security & Systems Engineer Interview

Software, Security & Systems Engineer
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – I did not do a standard interview. I was hired by a hiring manager I was in a Sun Solaris class with. After two days he offered me a job. After that he found out that Lockheed would not allow him to hire me, as I worked for them, as there were a sub, so he searched until he found another division who needed my skills. I did an interview with 6 staff, but had a offer in the mail box when I got home that day.

Interview Question – lots of questions on networking, Encryption, and Unix/Microsoft Server Systems   Answer Question

Project Control Interview

Project Control
Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in October 2008.

Interview Details – A former coworker had the position and talked about me to his boss. He recommended me for the position before he left. He even gave him some examples of my work and showed him some of my excel files. The interview was very easy as he had alread made up his mind to hire me before the interview.

Interview Question – not one difficult question was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negoating on this as it was an advance ment from another department.

Project Control Analyst II Interview

Project Control Analyst II
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in September 2008.

Interview Details – Applied for the job. Was called in for two rounds of interviews, one with the functional manager and the other with the technical people I would be supporting.

Interview Question – How would you manage a financial crisis on a project?   View Answer