SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.6

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior EVM Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview process is very easy. Initial call with Intercompany Recruiting Staff who with you reviews your skillsets, goals and salary expectations. Second call with manager with questions regarding your abilities and general converation to learn about you and how you would fit in with the team. Third interview, if contract work, with customer. If all is good, you are hired within a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • Know your stuff. Don't be too general in answering project scheduling questions and by all means do give examples or scenarios for your answers. No overly difficult questions, very friendly interview conversations.   Answer Question
    Don't be shy in asking the salary range. Ask questions and what you are expected to deliver, be sure to listen to the questions and respond truthfully in what you expect.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in April 2011.

My initial interview was over the phone with the program manager who asked about my background and experience. I submitted my application online and within 2 weeks or so I had an initial offer and a second phone interview with my PM and the customer. I was offered the position after that interview.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in June 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter about a day or two after posting my resume in their database. After I talked with her and applied for the position officially, it took the hiring manager less than an hour to decide that they wanted to bring me in for a personal interview. I met the hiring manager and the next day they came to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

There were a few reasons I declined:
    1) The benefits were less comprehensive than my current ones.
    2) The salary was less than I wanted.
    3) I was looking for a more senior role with more responsibilities.
    4) The other developer I met that would've been on my team seemed less than interested in speaking to me. He barely poked his head from behind his computer screens to say hello to me. He barely even spoke to the hiring manager when she asked him a question. Busy or not, if you want to impress a potential candidate, be prepared to be friendly.

Assistant Vice President/Health Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

I was contacted via e-mail in response to my application and resume submission. I was asked to answer a list of additional questions via e-mail. This was followed up by a call from an HR rep, so set up a series of five one-on-one interviews over 10 business days. (One was via telephone with a VP in CA.) Unfortunately, the perception of the environment/culture was much different than the reality.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. What was difficult was making a connection to the interviewer that would open the door to a more comfortable interview session. If you can't make that connection, chances are good that you won't get a positive review.   View Answer
    The initial salary offer was so far above what I was expecting (more than $29K than I had anticipated), that no negotiation was necessary. I was quite shocked, actually.

GIS FMV Psotitions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in January 2012.

Took a long time (approximately 2 months) unitl i heard anything aside from an automated email reply.
    Once I recieved a phone call it was from the hiring manager for the contract and a technical analyst. They had my resume and asked I had time now for an interview. Interview went well, the hiring manager did not know a lot of the specifics of the contract and did not know the 'technical speak', which was why the technical analyst was there. Interview went well but they were obviously trying to hire for lower positions but they wanted someone with experience. I could speak to everything they required without problems. Said they would let people know in a few weeks about the position. Found out through an email the position was closed with no explaination.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult project you were involved in and how long you worked on it.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to deploy overseas and what length of time?   Answer Question

USCIS - Senior Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Interviewed at job fair, interview went great, I was told when an opening became available, I would be contacted. Three weeks later, an opening came available and nothing happened. Contacted HR rep and I wasn't on the hiring list, personal grudge... Can't contact hiring manager, do not have access through ISSIAC

Deputy Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in June 2011.

Internal Interview one-on-one with other Deputy Division Manager - informal interview - focus was on problems, solutions, lessons learned.

Interview Questions
    • Name three experiences were you were presented with a problem, how you solved it, and what were the lessons learned.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in February 2011.

The hiring manager forwarded my resume to the hr. And the hr called me up on a Friday morning. She asked several basic questions about my working permits, my relevant education background. Two behavioral questions but no technical questions at all. A follow up phone call from hiring manager was on next Tuesday (quite efficient by the way). We didn't chat a lot before we get to the interview. He asked me to describe relevant experience I listed on my resume and particularly asked me what my role was in those task. Overall it's a nice experience, but I don't know why I didn't get an offer.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAIC in March 2011.

Phone screen addressed basic credentials. Had several one-on-one interviews during a morning period. Interviewed with HR-personnel, Business Development Manager, Vice President, and Senior Vice President. Interviews revolved around skills, background, and credentials.
    Offer made after about 7 to 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situaltional where you had to promote/develop new or expansion to business.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in December 2010.

Got an email to answer questions, sent them back, contacted again by recruiter to arrange interview, came in for face to face interview, had to come back to meet manager, came in for 2nd interview. Made initial offer and then did background/drug test.

Interview Questions
    Didn't see a need, offer was more than what I asked for. Very nice.