SAIC

2.6

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Strategy Directpor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SAIC in November 2009.

Interviews consisted of a series of informal meetings with middle and upper management over lunch and/or dinner. Most of interview seemed to aim at indirect or subtle discussions which were cover for probing questions on market understanding and strategy. Some leaders spent more time selling their organization or entire company. Most wanted to discern strategic value I could provide. Overall tone pleasant but some uncertainty due to indirect approach.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question. Interviewer appeared to postulate erroneous view of markets and market sectors with regard to growth potential. So, the question was subtle and the method for responding required both tact and conviction.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in November 2009.

I was promoted into the position. I had to sit with a couple of managers and explain how to perform several processes and I also had to take a skills test.

Interview Questions
    • The skills test had some difficult portions. Some of the processes discussed in the test were exclusive to the company, so unless you were already in the company you wouldn't have a clue how to complete that particular process.   Answer Question
    salary was as expected for my level of experience. pay was ok.

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in October 2009.

First submitted resume online, got no where. Got an employee referral, was interviewed soon thereafter. Had to interview with several members of the staff individually so the whole process took several hours and was very repetetive, but all were nice and they answered all my questions. It was a very professional experience.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC in October 2009.

Submitted completed job application as requried by their HR. Did a face to face interview. They were professional. Took a while for HR to get back to me with answers to my benefits questions. The offer came within a week but it took 2 to get all my questions answered.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prefer to handle a difficult Customer during negotiatons   Answer Question
    • What if you do work that is out of scope and the Customer won't pay you?   View Answer

Salary and benefits did not match my other offer

Senior Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SAIC in September 2009.

The position was part of a new government contract and i was transitioned over from an older contract.

Interview Questions
    • The only down side was having to be a temp employee for a few months.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in August 2009.

Interview set-up by a well known staffing firm on a quick note. First I met with one of their Assistant Manager at the lobby who help me some formality to enter the building. After I met With 3 member interview panel who one of them was Program manager, one Tech lead & other one I think was sr. Developer(not sure). they start asking about myself than Some more about the prospective job & my background. Later they asked some easy technical questions & some nice scenario based question. It goes very well in very comfertable environment. Once they safisfied (that's what I think lol) the facility director with met with me on lunch. I got offer later on the day & requested to complete the drug test with in a week. after I week I decline the offer bcz of travel % & probability of the permanent employee with them after three months(which I don't want at that time)....! after almost a year I regreat why I decline the this good offer & choose this crappy contract.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your last projects f & how much you are confertable with the winform developement.   Answer Question

Proposal Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SAIC in July 2009.

Everything went really well. I was very impressed with SAIC. They told me they would make a decision the day of my interview. The next week I was told I was one of two and after that there was no communication from them. It's pretty rude to leave someone hanging with not so much as a "not interested".

Communications Lead/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC in April 2009.

I keep my resume on the SAIC website current and was lucky enough to receive a call from a recruiter asking me if I was still looking and interested in the position. I had to fill out a bunch of forms, send them back and had an interview with 3 individuals a week after initial contact.

The team told me a little bit about their contract, what the position entails, asked me if I had some of the qualifications such as (sharepoint and project management). They asked me a little bit about myself. When I asked them questions, they seemed impressed and a little challenged when answering the questions. Toward the end of the interview the HR person asked me my salary range, I countered the question and asked their range to determine if it was acceptable.

The HR person said "oh I see how you're going to play" then looked at my application and read off what I wrote down without giving me a range. I was very put off with the question of salary range at first interview and their response when I gave my range.

I wrote a thank you note to the hiring manager and heard back from the recruiter with the standard message a week later stating I wasn't offered the position. I wrote the recruiter back and asked if they received any feedback on areas I could improve, be it my skills whether it be taking a class, my interview skills, my salary requirements. I never got a response.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SAIC in March 2009.

Initially, everything went well. However, towards the actual phone interview and face to face, it took sometime to get some sort of notice. The original recruiter for SAIC, passed me onto an intern and an assistant. Teh interviewer presented the company; including it's culture, and position quite thoroughly.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC in December 2008.

I initially met with the company at a Campus interview for 30 minutes and it was quite casual. Questions were asked about how one would "teach" another and about my senior projects and group work. Behavioral questions were asked about how I went about to excel in school.

The 2nd (final) round interview was held at the office in McLean, VA. I met with 4 different people for about 30 mins each. Each was in a different position and asked about my resume and classes. The interview wasn't too technical and focused on my thought processes and group skills.