SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.5

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

Basic phone interview for starters which was really just running through my resume and confirming everything related to my job history; also, to confirm what other information they had heard. They also requested three job references. Surprisingly the in-person job interview was only with the VP. This interview lasted about an hour and ahalf, was very short and sweet...about an hour and ahalf.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward. No major hurdles. Guess I had what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a little more money only because the amount of benefits related to phone, computer, mileage, etc. were less than my previous job. They gave me the small increase I requested.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

Got an email to answer questions, sent them back, contacted again by recruiter to arrange interview, came in for face to face interview, had to come back to meet manager, came in for 2nd interview. Made initial offer and then did background/drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't see a need, offer was more than what I asked for. Very nice.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview with hiring manager first. Then had a face to face interview during lunch hour. The process was short and pleasant. I have the skills what the Director is looking for so he made an verbal offer on the spot. Then I got contacted by HR to fill forms and negotiate salary.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of many questions related to TCP/IP networking, hands-on experience on routers,etc and on security topics. Questions included topics like like cryptography, firewalls, IPSEC, RSA. There were questions also related to all work experiences, projects and related courses. It was only one phone interview.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Human resources manager contacted me by phone and was flexible taking into consideration I was in a crowded place. He began by asking me to describe my whole job experience from the very beginnng. He later asked to highlight those areas that were related to the position I was applying to. He did not ask many questions but let me do most of the talking. In those areas that were not clear to him, he would ask a few questions fro teh purpose of keeping the conversation on track. I was asked about my current status and about my salary prespectives. He reiterated his company's intention to keep his employees happy. His behaviour was always gentlemen like and very friendly.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Annandale, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Friend got me the interview and it was pretty detailed with confirmation of skills. The opportunities to work in various locations was what attracted me to this company.

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in February 2010.

Interview

Because the Program Manager knew me from working on another project in the mid-1990's, I was recommended to the Client. The Client interviewed me, liked my prior work, and hired me to work on-site. I was prepared for the interview because I had worked in the Shipbuilding Industry many years prior.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on a daily basis with Shipboard Detailed Design Drawings in your former positions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for additional leave rather than negotiate salary.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

I was promoted into the position. I had to sit with a couple of managers and explain how to perform several processes and I also had to take a skills test.

Interview Questions

• The skills test had some difficult portions. Some of the processes discussed in the test were exclusive to the company, so unless you were already in the company you wouldn't have a clue how to complete that particular process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary was as expected for my level of experience. pay was ok.

Market Strategy Directpor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

Interviews consisted of a series of informal meetings with middle and upper management over lunch and/or dinner. Most of interview seemed to aim at indirect or subtle discussions which were cover for probing questions on market understanding and strategy. Some leaders spent more time selling their organization or entire company. Most wanted to discern strategic value I could provide. Overall tone pleasant but some uncertainty due to indirect approach.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question. Interviewer appeared to postulate erroneous view of markets and market sectors with regard to growth potential. So, the question was subtle and the method for responding required both tact and conviction.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted completed job application as requried by their HR. Did a face to face interview. They were professional. Took a while for HR to get back to me with answers to my benefits questions. The offer came within a week but it took 2 to get all my questions answered.

Interview Questions

• How do you prefer to handle a difficult Customer during negotiatons   Answer Question
    • What if you do work that is out of scope and the Customer won't pay you?   1 Answer

Salary and benefits did not match my other offer