SAIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in November 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview with hiring manager first. Then had a face to face interview during lunch hour. The process was short and pleasant. I have the skills what the Director is looking for so he made an verbal offer on the spot. Then I got contacted by HR to fill forms and negotiate salary.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in December 2008.

Interview Details – very quick

Interview Question – Mostly just technical questions - can't remember the exacts   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they offered the minimum I told I would accept

Policy Analyst Interview

Policy Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in October 2009.

Interview Details – First submitted resume online, got no where. Got an employee referral, was interviewed soon thereafter. Had to interview with several members of the staff individually so the whole process took several hours and was very repetetive, but all were nice and they answered all my questions. It was a very professional experience.

Security Analyst Interview

Security Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SAIC in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisted of many questions related to TCP/IP networking, hands-on experience on routers,etc and on security topics. Questions included topics like like cryptography, firewalls, IPSEC, RSA. There were questions also related to all work experiences, projects and related courses. It was only one phone interview.

Interview Question – What is the key length for AES?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in April 2010.

Interview Details – Human resources manager contacted me by phone and was flexible taking into consideration I was in a crowded place. He began by asking me to describe my whole job experience from the very beginnng. He later asked to highlight those areas that were related to the position I was applying to. He did not ask many questions but let me do most of the talking. In those areas that were not clear to him, he would ask a few questions fro teh purpose of keeping the conversation on track. I was asked about my current status and about my salary prespectives. He reiterated his company's intention to keep his employees happy. His behaviour was always gentlemen like and very friendly.

Interview Questions

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview set-up by a well known staffing firm on a quick note. First I met with one of their Assistant Manager at the lobby who help me some formality to enter the building. After I met With 3 member interview panel who one of them was Program manager, one Tech lead & other one I think was sr. Developer(not sure). they start asking about myself than Some more about the prospective job & my background. Later they asked some easy technical questions & some nice scenario based question. It goes very well in very comfertable environment. Once they safisfied (that's what I think lol) the facility director with met with me on lunch. I got offer later on the day & requested to complete the drug test with in a week. after I week I decline the offer bcz of travel % & probability of the permanent employee with them after three months(which I don't want at that time)....! after almost a year I regreat why I decline the this good offer & choose this crappy contract.

Interview Question – Tell us about your last projects f & how much you are confertable with the winform developement.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decline the offer bcz of travel % & probability of the permanent employee with them after three months(which I don't want at that time)....!

War Games Analyst Interview

War Games Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SAIC in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. I was then invited for an in-person interview, which had to wait till I was back in-country. For the in-person, I met with three sets of my peers to be, so everyone in the office had a chance to meet me, and then interviewed with my now boss. They were ready to make an offer, but a source of work dried up and they put of hiring for several months. They called me back in four months, and I was both still looking and still very interested in the position. I had a short additional interview with my boss, and then was offered the position.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the requirement to do mundane, none-intellectual chores like database management?   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Contracts Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC in October 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted completed job application as requried by their HR. Did a face to face interview. They were professional. Took a while for HR to get back to me with answers to my benefits questions. The offer came within a week but it took 2 to get all my questions answered.

Interview Questions

• How do you prefer to handle a difficult Customer during negotiatons   Answer Question
  • What if you do work that is out of scope and the Customer won't pay you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary and benefits did not match my other offer

SAS Programmer Interview

SAS Programmer
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2008.

Interview Details – My resume was selected by a recruiter from monster.com. I had an initial interview with the recruiter. The questions were general. Then I had 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and 2 co-workers. They explained the type of projects that they are dealing with and asked some general questions about my background, SAS skills and type of database programming tasks that I had been involved with.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected; they just asked about different procedures, macros and data handling using SAS software.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The impression that I got based on talking to one of the employees was that the position is temporary.

Market Strategy Directpor Interview

Market Strategy Directpor
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SAIC in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews consisted of a series of informal meetings with middle and upper management over lunch and/or dinner. Most of interview seemed to aim at indirect or subtle discussions which were cover for probing questions on market understanding and strategy. Some leaders spent more time selling their organization or entire company. Most wanted to discern strategic value I could provide. Overall tone pleasant but some uncertainty due to indirect approach.

Interview Question – Not really a question. Interviewer appeared to postulate erroneous view of markets and market sectors with regard to growth potential. So, the question was subtle and the method for responding required both tact and conviction.   Answer Question