SAIC

2.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC.

First contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone screening.
    About a week after the phone screen, received another email to schedule an in-person interview.

The instructions to get to the interview were detailed and helpful. The only thing that would make it better is to instruct applicants which entrance, and where to go after they enter. I almost missed the sign that said "visitors" and walked straight through armed security. Given that this is DC, I'm sure I would have been face to the floor, hands behind my back.

The interview itself was pleasant. The interviewers were friendly, welcoming, and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The recruiting manager even gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions.

But after that, everything went downhill. I was informed I would hear back the following week. I didn't get a response. I called the manager and was informed the recruiter would get back to, and that there was a budgeting issue that may prevent the job from being filled. I never got a response from the recruiter so I emailed asking for a follow-up and still nothing. Shortly thereafter I looked at the requisition online and it stated the position was filled.

I wished that if I didn't get the position, they would extend me the professional courtesy to tell me I was not selected and why. Applicants such as myself are professional enough to take rejection and learn from the experience. If not, then those applicants shouldn't get the position anyway. No response is the worst response. At least "no" meant I could start looking for other opportunities instead of waiting on this one.

But all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience and I would still apply for SAIC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what this graph means to you (interviewer drew a 7-day trending up sinusoid)   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in October 2012.

Initial telephone screen followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding creating/analyzing processes, how to improve or codify.   Answer Question
    Accepted with no negotiation due to salary being above what I had asked for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in August 2012.

Key leadership contacted regarding the skills and expertise that i represented. Further investigation required a series of interviews with department having the needs that i represent. Negotiations with internal procurement and other adminstrative personnel to work through paper trail required and signatures at various levels. The divisions between groups and the locations in working with people - which of these 4 people do I call and ask -or do I call all of them.

Interview Questions
    • Inernet and company identification was difficult to connect with the correct group so an e-mail and access to the company information was limited. Then once this was set in place a periodic expiration constantly (bi-monthly) was required to maintain an identity. So all paper work had to be submitted again.   Answer Question
    Described in the "Most Difficult" section.

Senior EVM Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC.

Interview process is very easy. Initial call with Intercompany Recruiting Staff who with you reviews your skillsets, goals and salary expectations. Second call with manager with questions regarding your abilities and general converation to learn about you and how you would fit in with the team. Third interview, if contract work, with customer. If all is good, you are hired within a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • Know your stuff. Don't be too general in answering project scheduling questions and by all means do give examples or scenarios for your answers. No overly difficult questions, very friendly interview conversations.   Answer Question
    Don't be shy in asking the salary range. Ask questions and what you are expected to deliver, be sure to listen to the questions and respond truthfully in what you expect.

GIS FMV Psotitions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in January 2012.

Took a long time (approximately 2 months) unitl i heard anything aside from an automated email reply.
    Once I recieved a phone call it was from the hiring manager for the contract and a technical analyst. They had my resume and asked I had time now for an interview. Interview went well, the hiring manager did not know a lot of the specifics of the contract and did not know the 'technical speak', which was why the technical analyst was there. Interview went well but they were obviously trying to hire for lower positions but they wanted someone with experience. I could speak to everything they required without problems. Said they would let people know in a few weeks about the position. Found out through an email the position was closed with no explaination.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult project you were involved in and how long you worked on it.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to deploy overseas and what length of time?   Answer Question

USCIS - Senior Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Interviewed at job fair, interview went great, I was told when an opening became available, I would be contacted. Three weeks later, an opening came available and nothing happened. Contacted HR rep and I wasn't on the hiring list, personal grudge... Can't contact hiring manager, do not have access through ISSIAC

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAIC in April 2011.

My initial interview was over the phone with the program manager who asked about my background and experience. I submitted my application online and within 2 weeks or so I had an initial offer and a second phone interview with my PM and the customer. I was offered the position after that interview.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC in February 2011.

The hiring manager forwarded my resume to the hr. And the hr called me up on a Friday morning. She asked several basic questions about my working permits, my relevant education background. Two behavioral questions but no technical questions at all. A follow up phone call from hiring manager was on next Tuesday (quite efficient by the way). We didn't chat a lot before we get to the interview. He asked me to describe relevant experience I listed on my resume and particularly asked me what my role was in those task. Overall it's a nice experience, but I don't know why I didn't get an offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SAIC in November 2010.

Contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview with hiring manager first. Then had a face to face interview during lunch hour. The process was short and pleasant. I have the skills what the Director is looking for so he made an verbal offer on the spot. Then I got contacted by HR to fill forms and negotiate salary.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SAIC in April 2010.

Human resources manager contacted me by phone and was flexible taking into consideration I was in a crowded place. He began by asking me to describe my whole job experience from the very beginnng. He later asked to highlight those areas that were related to the position I was applying to. He did not ask many questions but let me do most of the talking. In those areas that were not clear to him, he would ask a few questions fro teh purpose of keeping the conversation on track. I was asked about my current status and about my salary prespectives. He reiterated his company's intention to keep his employees happy. His behaviour was always gentlemen like and very friendly.