SAIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Systems Engineer IV
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAIC in February 2010.

Interview Details – Because the Program Manager knew me from working on another project in the mid-1990's, I was recommended to the Client. The Client interviewed me, liked my prior work, and hired me to work on-site. I was prepared for the interview because I had worked in the Shipbuilding Industry many years prior.

Interview Question – Have you worked on a daily basis with Shipboard Detailed Design Drawings in your former positions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for additional leave rather than negotiate salary.

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2012.

Interview Details – Key leadership contacted regarding the skills and expertise that i represented. Further investigation required a series of interviews with department having the needs that i represent. Negotiations with internal procurement and other adminstrative personnel to work through paper trail required and signatures at various levels. The divisions between groups and the locations in working with people - which of these 4 people do I call and ask -or do I call all of them.

Interview Question – Inernet and company identification was difficult to connect with the correct group so an e-mail and access to the company information was limited. Then once this was set in place a periodic expiration constantly (bi-monthly) was required to maintain an identity. So all paper work had to be submitted again.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Described in the "Most Difficult" section.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Technical Officer Interview

Senior Technical Officer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at SAIC in September 2009.

Interview Details – The position was part of a new government contract and i was transitioned over from an older contract.

Interview Question – The only down side was having to be a temp employee for a few months.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial telephone screen followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Questions regarding creating/analyzing processes, how to improve or codify.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted with no negotiation due to salary being above what I had asked for.

Senior EVM Scheduler Interview

Senior EVM Scheduler
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details – Interview process is very easy. Initial call with Intercompany Recruiting Staff who with you reviews your skillsets, goals and salary expectations. Second call with manager with questions regarding your abilities and general converation to learn about you and how you would fit in with the team. Third interview, if contract work, with customer. If all is good, you are hired within a week or two.

Interview Question – Know your stuff. Don't be too general in answering project scheduling questions and by all means do give examples or scenarios for your answers. No overly difficult questions, very friendly interview conversations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be shy in asking the salary range. Ask questions and what you are expected to deliver, be sure to listen to the questions and respond truthfully in what you expect.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in April 2011.

Interview Details – My initial interview was over the phone with the program manager who asked about my background and experience. I submitted my application online and within 2 weeks or so I had an initial offer and a second phone interview with my PM and the customer. I was offered the position after that interview.

Interview Question – What does your ideal day look like?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation.

GIS FMV Psotitions Interview

GIS FMV Psotitions
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in January 2012.

Interview Details – Took a long time (approximately 2 months) unitl i heard anything aside from an automated email reply.
Once I recieved a phone call it was from the hiring manager for the contract and a technical analyst. They had my resume and asked I had time now for an interview. Interview went well, the hiring manager did not know a lot of the specifics of the contract and did not know the 'technical speak', which was why the technical analyst was there. Interview went well but they were obviously trying to hire for lower positions but they wanted someone with experience. I could speak to everything they required without problems. Said they would let people know in a few weeks about the position. Found out through an email the position was closed with no explaination.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult project you were involved in and how long you worked on it.   Answer Question
  • Are you willing to deploy overseas and what length of time?   Answer Question

USCIS - Senior Deployment Engineer Interview

USCIS - Senior Deployment Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed at job fair, interview went great, I was told when an opening became available, I would be contacted. Three weeks later, an opening came available and nothing happened. Contacted HR rep and I wasn't on the hiring list, personal grudge... Can't contact hiring manager, do not have access through ISSIAC

Intern Interview

Intern
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in February 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring manager forwarded my resume to the hr. And the hr called me up on a Friday morning. She asked several basic questions about my working permits, my relevant education background. Two behavioral questions but no technical questions at all. A follow up phone call from hiring manager was on next Tuesday (quite efficient by the way). We didn't chat a lot before we get to the interview. He asked me to describe relevant experience I listed on my resume and particularly asked me what my role was in those task. Overall it's a nice experience, but I don't know why I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – Background of my education   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in November 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview with hiring manager first. Then had a face to face interview during lunch hour. The process was short and pleasant. I have the skills what the Director is looking for so he made an verbal offer on the spot. Then I got contacted by HR to fill forms and negotiate salary.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees and interview candidates.