SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SAIC in April 2010.

Human resources manager contacted me by phone and was flexible taking into consideration I was in a crowded place. He began by asking me to describe my whole job experience from the very beginnng. He later asked to highlight those areas that were related to the position I was applying to. He did not ask many questions but let me do most of the talking. In those areas that were not clear to him, he would ask a few questions fro teh purpose of keeping the conversation on track. I was asked about my current status and about my salary prespectives. He reiterated his company's intention to keep his employees happy. His behaviour was always gentlemen like and very friendly.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2009.

Interview set-up by a well known staffing firm on a quick note. First I met with one of their Assistant Manager at the lobby who help me some formality to enter the building. After I met With 3 member interview panel who one of them was Program manager, one Tech lead & other one I think was sr. Developer(not sure). they start asking about myself than Some more about the prospective job & my background. Later they asked some easy technical questions & some nice scenario based question. It goes very well in very comfertable environment. Once they safisfied (that's what I think lol) the facility director with met with me on lunch. I got offer later on the day & requested to complete the drug test with in a week. after I week I decline the offer bcz of travel % & probability of the permanent employee with them after three months(which I don't want at that time)....! after almost a year I regreat why I decline the this good offer & choose this crappy contract.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your last projects f & how much you are confertable with the winform developement.   Answer Question

War Games Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at SAIC in September 2008.

I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. I was then invited for an in-person interview, which had to wait till I was back in-country. For the in-person, I met with three sets of my peers to be, so everyone in the office had a chance to meet me, and then interviewed with my now boss. They were ready to make an offer, but a source of work dried up and they put of hiring for several months. They called me back in four months, and I was both still looking and still very interested in the position. I had a short additional interview with my boss, and then was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the requirement to do mundane, none-intellectual chores like database management?   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC in October 2009.

Submitted completed job application as requried by their HR. Did a face to face interview. They were professional. Took a while for HR to get back to me with answers to my benefits questions. The offer came within a week but it took 2 to get all my questions answered.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prefer to handle a difficult Customer during negotiatons   Answer Question
    • What if you do work that is out of scope and the Customer won't pay you?   View Answer

Salary and benefits did not match my other offer

SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2008.

My resume was selected by a recruiter from monster.com. I had an initial interview with the recruiter. The questions were general. Then I had 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and 2 co-workers. They explained the type of projects that they are dealing with and asked some general questions about my background, SAS skills and type of database programming tasks that I had been involved with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected; they just asked about different procedures, macros and data handling using SAS software.   Answer Question

The impression that I got based on talking to one of the employees was that the position is temporary.

Communications Lead/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in April 2009.

I keep my resume on the SAIC website current and was lucky enough to receive a call from a recruiter asking me if I was still looking and interested in the position. I had to fill out a bunch of forms, send them back and had an interview with 3 individuals a week after initial contact.

The team told me a little bit about their contract, what the position entails, asked me if I had some of the qualifications such as (sharepoint and project management). They asked me a little bit about myself. When I asked them questions, they seemed impressed and a little challenged when answering the questions. Toward the end of the interview the HR person asked me my salary range, I countered the question and asked their range to determine if it was acceptable.

The HR person said "oh I see how you're going to play" then looked at my application and read off what I wrote down without giving me a range. I was very put off with the question of salary range at first interview and their response when I gave my range.

I wrote a thank you note to the hiring manager and heard back from the recruiter with the standard message a week later stating I wasn't offered the position. I wrote the recruiter back and asked if they received any feedback on areas I could improve, be it my skills whether it be taking a class, my interview skills, my salary requirements. I never got a response.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in June 2007.

This was an internal transfer but because SAIC is so decentralized, the interview process is not standard. I found the job on the career site, submitted an application, and waited a relatively short amount of time before being contacted. I went back for three different interviews with different groups on the contract. I absolutely love the group that I'm in - it was a good fit unlike the last few SAIC offices I've been in.

Interview Questions
    I was able to get a lateral move within the company, which was an increase over the offered salary.