SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager forwarded my resume to the hr. And the hr called me up on a Friday morning. She asked several basic questions about my working permits, my relevant education background. Two behavioral questions but no technical questions at all. A follow up phone call from hiring manager was on next Tuesday (quite efficient by the way). We didn't chat a lot before we get to the interview. He asked me to describe relevant experience I listed on my resume and particularly asked me what my role was in those task. Overall it's a nice experience, but I don't know why I didn't get an offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview with hiring manager first. Then had a face to face interview during lunch hour. The process was short and pleasant. I have the skills what the Director is looking for so he made an verbal offer on the spot. Then I got contacted by HR to fill forms and negotiate salary.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Human resources manager contacted me by phone and was flexible taking into consideration I was in a crowded place. He began by asking me to describe my whole job experience from the very beginnng. He later asked to highlight those areas that were related to the position I was applying to. He did not ask many questions but let me do most of the talking. In those areas that were not clear to him, he would ask a few questions fro teh purpose of keeping the conversation on track. I was asked about my current status and about my salary prespectives. He reiterated his company's intention to keep his employees happy. His behaviour was always gentlemen like and very friendly.

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in February 2010.

Interview

Because the Program Manager knew me from working on another project in the mid-1990's, I was recommended to the Client. The Client interviewed me, liked my prior work, and hired me to work on-site. I was prepared for the interview because I had worked in the Shipbuilding Industry many years prior.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on a daily basis with Shipboard Detailed Design Drawings in your former positions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for additional leave rather than negotiate salary.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted completed job application as requried by their HR. Did a face to face interview. They were professional. Took a while for HR to get back to me with answers to my benefits questions. The offer came within a week but it took 2 to get all my questions answered.

Interview Questions

• How do you prefer to handle a difficult Customer during negotiatons   Answer Question
    • What if you do work that is out of scope and the Customer won't pay you?   1 Answer

Salary and benefits did not match my other offer

Senior Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in September 2009.

Interview

The position was part of a new government contract and i was transitioned over from an older contract.

Interview Questions

• The only down side was having to be a temp employee for a few months.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview set-up by a well known staffing firm on a quick note. First I met with one of their Assistant Manager at the lobby who help me some formality to enter the building. After I met With 3 member interview panel who one of them was Program manager, one Tech lead & other one I think was sr. Developer(not sure). they start asking about myself than Some more about the prospective job & my background. Later they asked some easy technical questions & some nice scenario based question. It goes very well in very comfertable environment. Once they safisfied (that's what I think lol) the facility director with met with me on lunch. I got offer later on the day & requested to complete the drug test with in a week. after I week I decline the offer bcz of travel % & probability of the permanent employee with them after three months(which I don't want at that time)....! after almost a year I regreat why I decline the this good offer & choose this crappy contract.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your last projects f & how much you are confertable with the winform developement.   Answer Question

Communications Lead/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

I keep my resume on the SAIC website current and was lucky enough to receive a call from a recruiter asking me if I was still looking and interested in the position. I had to fill out a bunch of forms, send them back and had an interview with 3 individuals a week after initial contact.

The team told me a little bit about their contract, what the position entails, asked me if I had some of the qualifications such as (sharepoint and project management). They asked me a little bit about myself. When I asked them questions, they seemed impressed and a little challenged when answering the questions. Toward the end of the interview the HR person asked me my salary range, I countered the question and asked their range to determine if it was acceptable.

The HR person said "oh I see how you're going to play" then looked at my application and read off what I wrote down without giving me a range. I was very put off with the question of salary range at first interview and their response when I gave my range.

I wrote a thank you note to the hiring manager and heard back from the recruiter with the standard message a week later stating I wasn't offered the position. I wrote the recruiter back and asked if they received any feedback on areas I could improve, be it my skills whether it be taking a class, my interview skills, my salary requirements. I never got a response.

War Games Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. I was then invited for an in-person interview, which had to wait till I was back in-country. For the in-person, I met with three sets of my peers to be, so everyone in the office had a chance to meet me, and then interviewed with my now boss. They were ready to make an offer, but a source of work dried up and they put of hiring for several months. They called me back in four months, and I was both still looking and still very interested in the position. I had a short additional interview with my boss, and then was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the requirement to do mundane, none-intellectual chores like database management?   Answer Question

SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in August 2008.

Interview

My resume was selected by a recruiter from monster.com. I had an initial interview with the recruiter. The questions were general. Then I had 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and 2 co-workers. They explained the type of projects that they are dealing with and asked some general questions about my background, SAS skills and type of database programming tasks that I had been involved with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected; they just asked about different procedures, macros and data handling using SAS software.   Answer Question

The impression that I got based on talking to one of the employees was that the position is temporary.