SAIF

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee
Portland, OR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIF in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from an HR rep. to set a phone interview about 3 days after the close of the application process. The phone interview was conducted by two people and was very structured and limited to 30 minutes. Some of the questions asked were things like "why do you think you are qualified etc..." There were also a few situational questions. Two days after the phone interview I was again contacted by an HR rep. and invited to an in person panel interview. The HR rep. sent an email confirming date time and location. Upon arrival 15 minutes early I was given a list of 8 situational questions which I could review. At the time of the interview the panel took turns asking the same situational questions and took extensive written notes. After the panel interview I was asked to type a letter to a fictitious treating physician and then taken on a tour of the facility.

The facility was very nice and appears to be a great place to work. I was very excited about the prospect of joining this organization. The whole process was positive and I felt like they were looking to screen me in and not screen me out. The set up of the interview room was ideal for a panel interview and the interviewers were very nice to speak with.

About 7 business days later (the discussion in the interview was 5 business days) I was contacted by a person who had NOT been a part of the process and was told they chose to go with someone else. I was a little disappointed. I might be just irritated about not getting the job, but the person who called to tell me I was not going to be offered the job was extremely unprofessional and spoke in valley-girlish tone and manner. It kind of leaves a bad impression when you feel you may get a job that requires professional demeanor and then receive a call from "barbie" saying to keep applying. I will keep applying but, have yet to decide whether I will at SAIF again or not. My interaction with "barbie" left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified to work in this position?   Answer Question

Worked for SAIF? Contribute to the Community!