SAIF

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Adjuster Interview

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIF.

Interview Details – there was a phone interview and then an intense panel interview with different people asking quesitons. there was also a written portion of the interview. the tour of the facility was also actually part of the interview as they asked the tour guide what questions you asked. the process took a long time and there were many people interviewed. it was over a month from the date that i applied online until i was offered the position. after hiring as a trainee, there is an intense training program that culminates in a test for certification. the test must be passed in order to continue on with the company.

Interview Question – i was not expecting a written test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Premium Auditor Interview

Premium Auditor
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIF in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online via SAIF.com about two weeks prior to the job deadline. I got a call about 10 days after the deadline date for a phone interview. The phone interview took place the following week with two Premium Audit Supervisors. There were 6 basic questions which lasted about 20 minutes. I think it went fairly well. HR called back 10 days later to schedule a panel interview at their Portland office. This was on a Friday and the interview is for Thursday.

Prior to the interview, you get to review the 7 questions that will be asked during the interview. The conversation was casual and pleasant. The interview lasted only 30 minutes and there was no type of skills testing afterwards. I think it went well and received an email from HR later in the day asking approval for a background and reference check. I returned the documents within the day.

Interview Question – Name one technical skill you believe your are an authority on?   Answer Question

Premium Auditor Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIF in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from an HR rep about three days after application deadline. They rep was polite and asked to schedule a telephone interview. She confirmed the day and time in a email sent a few minutes later. It was exactly one week away.

A supervisor and another associate called to conduct the phone interview. It lasted about a half hour and consisted of basic scripted questions such as: Why do you feel you are qualified? Can you define good customer service? The last question was whether if I had any questions. They closed the interview by asking if I would be available for a second interview. No second interview date was set at this time.

One week later, another HR rep called to set up a panel interview in the Portland Office. There was not much notice. The day of the call was a Wednesday and the interview was on a Friday. The rep sent a confirmation email with directions and parking information. Upon arriving early (about 30 minutes or so) I was provided a list of interview questions to study. The receptionist gave me this list about 15 minutes before my interview time. There were 8 questions. Questions examples were: What makes you qualified for this position? What personal standards do you set for yourself? What is good customer service?

The panel consisted of four individuals. Three were from the premium audit division while the fourth was an underwriter. The interview took about 50 minutes. It was a comfortable interview and I beleived I answered the questions well.

I was then asked to take a writing test. The test consisted of a small room with a desktop computer w/ MS Word. There were instructions describing an audit scenario and they test asked me to narrate my approach to audit that risk. It appears they were trying to judge my writing skills more than my auditing knowledge.

The receptionist validated my parking and the the person running the skills test wished me good luck. I left the interview feeling it went pretty well and was conducted professionally.

I'm still waiting on word whether I will be offered the position. The interview was last week and the main interviewer stated I would know by this week.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Portland, OR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIF in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from an HR rep. to set a phone interview about 3 days after the close of the application process. The phone interview was conducted by two people and was very structured and limited to 30 minutes. Some of the questions asked were things like "why do you think you are qualified etc..." There were also a few situational questions. Two days after the phone interview I was again contacted by an HR rep. and invited to an in person panel interview. The HR rep. sent an email confirming date time and location. Upon arrival 15 minutes early I was given a list of 8 situational questions which I could review. At the time of the interview the panel took turns asking the same situational questions and took extensive written notes. After the panel interview I was asked to type a letter to a fictitious treating physician and then taken on a tour of the facility.

The facility was very nice and appears to be a great place to work. I was very excited about the prospect of joining this organization. The whole process was positive and I felt like they were looking to screen me in and not screen me out. The set up of the interview room was ideal for a panel interview and the interviewers were very nice to speak with.

About 7 business days later (the discussion in the interview was 5 business days) I was contacted by a person who had NOT been a part of the process and was told they chose to go with someone else. I was a little disappointed. I might be just irritated about not getting the job, but the person who called to tell me I was not going to be offered the job was extremely unprofessional and spoke in valley-girlish tone and manner. It kind of leaves a bad impression when you feel you may get a job that requires professional demeanor and then receive a call from "barbie" saying to keep applying. I will keep applying but, have yet to decide whether I will at SAIF again or not. My interaction with "barbie" left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified to work in this position?   Answer Question

Vocational Coordinator Interview

Salem, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIF in January 2010.

Interview Details – This was a fantastic process. I interviewed for the job and the interview went well. They called me back to offer me a second interview but I had to decline. They called me back and told me that they were very interested in me and I still had to decline. They called me back in May to offer me another chance to interview for another position but I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I also needed for this position to satisfy my grad school internship requirement and it was not the right type of environment. I would have taken the position otherwise. Great people, great company!

SCM-Analyst Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online - interviewed at SAIF in February 2013.

Interview Details – Willing to approach for SCM middle level, just wanted to know the scope

Interview Question – how many rounds for SCM Analyst ?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIF in October 2008.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. The first was with three supervisors and the second is with three directors. After the first interview, they have you write a sample letter. Upon offer, they also request copies of past reviews from prior employer. I am not sure if the offer would be rescinded if you are unable to provide those.

Interview Question – They will ask for specific examples of how you have handled certain situations. They do not want general answers. At first interview, if you get there early, you can preview the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation of salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAIF? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIF interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAIF employees and interview candidates.