SAIF

Relevance Date Difficulty

Premium Auditor Interview

Premium Auditor
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIF in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online via SAIF.com about two weeks prior to the job deadline. I got a call about 10 days after the deadline date for a phone interview. The phone interview took place the following week with two Premium Audit Supervisors. There were 6 basic questions which lasted about 20 minutes. I think it went fairly well. HR called back 10 days later to schedule a panel interview at their Portland office. This was on a Friday and the interview is for Thursday.

Prior to the interview, you get to review the 7 questions that will be asked during the interview. The conversation was casual and pleasant. The interview lasted only 30 minutes and there was no type of skills testing afterwards. I think it went well and received an email from HR later in the day asking approval for a background and reference check. I returned the documents within the day.

Interview Question – Name one technical skill you believe your are an authority on?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Premium Auditor Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIF in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from an HR rep about three days after application deadline. They rep was polite and asked to schedule a telephone interview. She confirmed the day and time in a email sent a few minutes later. It was exactly one week away.

A supervisor and another associate called to conduct the phone interview. It lasted about a half hour and consisted of basic scripted questions such as: Why do you feel you are qualified? Can you define good customer service? The last question was whether if I had any questions. They closed the interview by asking if I would be available for a second interview. No second interview date was set at this time.

One week later, another HR rep called to set up a panel interview in the Portland Office. There was not much notice. The day of the call was a Wednesday and the interview was on a Friday. The rep sent a confirmation email with directions and parking information. Upon arriving early (about 30 minutes or so) I was provided a list of interview questions to study. The receptionist gave me this list about 15 minutes before my interview time. There were 8 questions. Questions examples were: What makes you qualified for this position? What personal standards do you set for yourself? What is good customer service?

The panel consisted of four individuals. Three were from the premium audit division while the fourth was an underwriter. The interview took about 50 minutes. It was a comfortable interview and I beleived I answered the questions well.

I was then asked to take a writing test. The test consisted of a small room with a desktop computer w/ MS Word. There were instructions describing an audit scenario and they test asked me to narrate my approach to audit that risk. It appears they were trying to judge my writing skills more than my auditing knowledge.

The receptionist validated my parking and the the person running the skills test wished me good luck. I left the interview feeling it went pretty well and was conducted professionally.

I'm still waiting on word whether I will be offered the position. The interview was last week and the main interviewer stated I would know by this week.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAIF? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIF Premium Auditor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by SAIF employees and interview candidates.