SAIT Polytechnic

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic.

Interview Details – I met the director through a colleague.

Interview Question – What are the 4 levels of Kirkpatrick's evaluation model? Which do you have most experience with.   Answer Question

PCSS Interview

PCSS
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview and a panel of 6 people

Negotiation Details – they focus on the non-monetary benefits

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic.

Interview Details – I was phoned for an interview within a week of submitting my application. The interview was with one HR person and the hiring manager. There were a series of behaviour based interview questions where I was graded on my responses. Both interviewers took a lot of notes. If I was unable to provide an example they allowed me to carry on to the next question, but they returned to the skipped questions at the end. The interviewers were friendly and encouraging.

Then I was asked to return for an informal meeting with the Director whom I would be supporting. He asked me a lot of questions about my background and experience and how I envisioned supporting his department. It was helpful to see if we clicked.

A couple of weeks later I was contacted by HR with a verbal offer and to organize my start date.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are typical behaviour style questions, however I strongly recommend that you read the annual report to understand SAIT's business streams as well as it's ethical principles and be prepared to provide an example of how you embody those principles.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired to fill a vacancy that arose quickly in a department. I was interviewed on a Monday and signing papers by Friday. The whole process was quick, yet very professional as well. I still see the people from the interview and they have remembered me which says that they paid attention during the interview. Quite pleased with the hiring and interview process.

Interview Question – There weren't many unexpected questions (I have been on a number of interviews in the past) but I did need to be able to discuss conflicts and challenges from past jobs - those can be challenging to answer.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic.

Interview Details – Basic questions. Difficult people/how do I organize / time Managment / prioritizing

Negotiation Details – No movement on pay or holidays.

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic.

Interview Details – I had one interview all questions were behavior questions, nothing specific about qualifications and experience

Interview Question – Behavior questions can be difficult   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic in June 2011.

Interview Details – Small panel consisting of working group employees and human resource employ Behavioural questions with a few skills

Interview Question – Performance management situations   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic in July 2012.

Interview Details – I only had one interview which was also on phone but second meeting was in office just to meet me and get to know me!

Interview Question – just basic questions   Answer Question

Electronic Technician Interview

Electronic Technician
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was a five member panel (one HR girl). Not only were there regular interview questions, but each technical person took a turn asking you technical questions. Some were semi-difficult, although most were more straight forward and everyone was quite nice. I would definitely apply to SAIT again, as it is a great school.

Interview Question – "In a non-technical area, what do you need the most help with?"   Answer Question

Assistant Registrar Interview

Assistant Registrar

I applied online - interviewed at SAIT Polytechnic in September 2008.

Interview Details – Behavioral Based Interview - 3 person Panel

Interview Question – Give me an example of a good decision that you have made and an example of a decision that wasn't quite as good. What was the difference in making the two decisions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAIT Polytechnic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIT Polytechnic interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAIT Polytechnic employees and interview candidates.