SANDOW

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at SANDOW in August 2014.

I was called rather early, but was left a mellow and direct voicemail.
    When I called back I specifically asked what the job was. I gave an example of what I was not looking for, the response was rather cryptic, even miss leading. In the end doing more research and reading reviews, this company is exactly what they said they weren't.

Interview Questions
    • They ask all the basic questions. Are you interested in growing, working with fun energetic people... So on.   View Answer

After going through reviews, you can tell ever positive feed back was forced. Why would any one in there right mind want to work for a company that pressures their employees to write good reviews so they can con more people into coming in.

Integrated Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SANDOW in January 2014.

Applied online and got a call a few days later; super nice HR lady.. then phone interview with the Director of Marketing.
    After the phone interview I was told I would be contacted with regard to next steps; they were waiting on the editor who was coming into town to see what her schedule was like. I followed up a few times, and the HR woman kept telling me she was sorry and would hopefully get a response soon and to follow back up with her again... when I did, she completely disappeared. I sent her an email, politely saying that if I was no longer being considered to just let me know so I wasn't waiting around... and nothing. She went from being very nice to blatantly ignoring me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SANDOW in September 2013.

Process was very dragged out with little communication in between several rounds of interviews. Two phone interviews, followed by in person interviews with several employees. Then brought back again to meet with more employees. Was never given feedback or follow up afterwards. Company seemed flashy but very disorganized.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SANDOW in March 2013.

Quick and to the point. The were on top of checking portfolio and references ahead of time so when it came time for the in person interview is was more them telling you about the position to make sure it was a fit for me as well as them. They asked a few questions about what I've done at past jobs and what I'd like to learn if available. A week or two later they called back with an offer, a low offer that they would not budge on, but I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What programs I'm most comfortable working in?   View Answer
    Not much room to negotiate

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SANDOW in December 2012.

The interview process was arranged through a recruiter over the phone. The manager and a senior developer were both on the call which took a little over an hour. They ask a lot of questions from basic to complex, technical to non-technical, experience, environment, teamwork, accomplishments, etc. It was certainly thorough.

Things later progressed to an in-person interview which was quite basic - primarily getting to know the team, learn how they operate, and ask questions. It was pretty intimidating coming in but you can tell that the team is very knowledgeable and they only want the best.

Interview Questions
    • My greatest challenges. I gather they will ask you technical questions in whatever line of questioning until they can see where you start to struggle. They want to see what your limits are.   Answer Question
    It was predetermined and that was made clear up front. They were seeking someone to fill a specific role. There was no room for negotiation but it was clear up-front what they were offering.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SANDOW in February 2008.

Interviewed with CFO on the phone and then went in to meet with Creative Director and owner of the company. Was given a tour of the facilities. Found the owner to be very meticulous and sharp. His Creative Director was friendly and bright. Facilties were modern and up-to-date. Appearances seemed of critical importance. Naturally I sent the thank you for your interview to the parties I interviewed with, but I never heard anything back from them.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know if I'd correctly perform press checks for them based upon compliants they'd had with a current printer. I couldn't tell/see the problems that they pointed out. It seemed to me let they weren't being realistic about what expected.   View Answer