SAP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Functional Consultant Interview

Business Functional Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Interview Details – A posting for a job opening appeared on the career services website for my university, so i applied both on there and through the SAP career services website. I received a phone call about 2 weeks later from my recruiter regarding when was a good time for an informational interview.
The informational interview lasted about 45 minutes and it consisted of me having a conversation with my recruiter about how i liked school, my major, what i knew about SAP and the job that consultants do, and a review of my resume. It's a pretty basic and easy first interview; they're just making sure that you can carry a conversation.
About a week later i received an email from a senior consultant asking when was a good time to have a phone interview. Later that week he called. Interview lasted about an hour. He asked "fit" questions: why SAP, why consulting, tell me your biggest weakness, resume questions, when was a time that you worked on a group project and someone wasn't carrying his weight, what would you do if a client doesn't want to do the "best practices" that you recommend, when was a time that you didn't take the lead in a group project. It was very conversational.
Final round interview was about 2 weeks later at the SAP Americas hq in Newtown Square, Pa. I drove to the hotel from DC; SAP reimbursed me for driving mileage and the hotel room. It consisted of one 2 on 1 interview with the senior consultant from my second round and a senior HR lady. All fit questions; very similar to the second round. Plus, had to give a 10 minute powerpoint presentation on any topic that i wanted to do; a big part of the job is presenting for clients. MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH THE INDUSTRY IN WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK. This question came up and i wasn't ready, so i had to think on the fly.
The day of my final interview, the CEO announced a company wide spending freeze.

Interview Question – Which industry would you like to work in if you had the choice?   Answer Question

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!