SAP

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Walldorf, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – Very quick in responding. Efficient in handling the recruitment application through portal.
Received response within 2 weeks after applying on portal. Was directly called for a face to face interview. The invitation included all the details I needed to reach the office. Efficient follow from HR after the interview also.

Interview Question – All questions were very generic and expected.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Walldorf, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had a short phone interview which was only informational and provided me with insights about the position. Afterwards I was invited to an on-site interview. The interview was very informal and relaxed. I was mainly asked behavioral questions since everyone knew that I had not background in SAP development. After the interview the manager quickly caught up with me to tell me they were going to make an offer.

Interview Question – What are your personal strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted their first offer.

SAP Consultant Interview

SAP Consultant
Walldorf, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAP in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process war quickly. Telephone interview and additional onsite meeting in the HQ. Additional telephone calls just to clarify some questions.

Interview Questions

Working Student Line Foundation Interview

Working Student Line Foundation
Walldorf, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in January 2012.

Interview Details – Online Application and Phone Interview, interview conducted with two associates, quite laid back, made some jokes - you should be familiar with product and also know stuff about the company, programming languages experience could be helpful even for a non programming position, got the offer one day after the interview

Interview Question – Strenghts and Weaknesses regarding your performance at high school - I thought that might matter less than my academic results at univeristy or my prior work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations after extending work contract, usually 6 months

Software Developer Associate Interview

Software Developer Associate
Potsdam (Germany)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SAP in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by two more technical interviews on site and a group challenge. In the group challenge we were asked to bring ideas about a concrete problem and after 50 minutes present a solution in front of other engineers. The technical interviews mainly focused on coding and algorithms.

Interview Question – Implement a post order iterator for a binary tree.   Answer Question

Walldorf, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SAP in June 2012.

Interview Details – The entire process was maybe too long. It tooked more than 3 weeks to get a first answer, then the communications were friendly and in two weeks I did my first and only interview. After that I needed to wait another month to start working.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future within the organization?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer II Interview

Software Developer II
Walldorf, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SAP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews, no technical questions asked (I don't think my manager could have asked them since he does not know c/c++), data structures etc... . What was nice was that it appeared that they really wanted me to come work for them. I was honest about certain area within which ii considered myself somewhat inexperienced but it worked out nonetheless.

Negotiation Details – They said SAP pays above average (which might be true for the average employee which i am not in the sense that i make quite a bit less).
They didn't really move at all on the salary.

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Karlsruhe, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SAP in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview with a project manager. She then invited me to give a talk (30min) at the location. After the talk, I had a brief and informal chat with the manager. The contract took about 1 month to arrive. The overall process took a few months though.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions - what you would expect after giving a presentation on a scientific topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The PhD salaries are fixed, no room for negotiation.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – Was a nice experience altogether. Primarily asked about my previous experience related to technologies I know and the project that I worked on. Also briefed the kind of work that will be assigned to me if I get selected. Asked about the month from which I can start the internship. Overall around 30 minutes interview.

UKI Consultant Interview

UKI Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – Initial contact through recruitment agency tasked by SAP UKI. Assessment day consisting of three rounds: personal presentation, group problem solving, competency interview. Verbal offer within 24 hours and written confirmation of offer within 72 hours.

Interview Question – "Why should I hire you instead of the others outside?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quite straightforward, salary increases have to go back through approvals process but do so quickly.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SAP

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAP interview questions and advice in Germany. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAP employees and interview candidates.