SAP

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newtown Square, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SAP in May 2010.

Interview Details – The initial communication was through an employee referral. Once the hiring manager saw resume, I was contacted by phone. After a phone interview I was brought in to interview with 3 different hiring managers on the same day. It was a very open and comfortable environment, more of a conversation than a "what type of animal would you be" interview.

Interview Question – Sell yourself to me. What makes you so special?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't play games. Most of the time, what the hiring manager offers you, is the maximum you are permitted to receive. It may be worth asking for more, but I've come to understand that they are fair with their initial offers.

Inside Marketing Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SAP in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a contracted recruiter for a phone interview, attended an in person interview in Scottsdale, AZ. Received offer letter approximately 6 weeks later. Accepted position and was flown to Palo Alto, CA to complete hiring process.

Interview Question – Explaining my background and expertise in sales, when most of my SAP experience was in lead generation and marketing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The base salary range for my position was $55,000 to $65,000 per year plus commission and I was able to obtain $65,000.

Inside Marketing Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SAP in November 2011.

Interview Details – The challenge is that there is always change at the company - this is a pool from which people move on to other jobs as quickly as they can by switching from contractor status to internal employee once you have demonstrated that you can handle the current role. Since there is a lot of change it is not always easy to see consistent hiring timelines. Some people are hired on the spot - others, like I did, take a while for them to find the position against which they will fill it. The main concern each manager has then, is how you will adapt to an outbound sales-oriented nurturing process where you are engaging the prospects and qualifying them, but not closing deals (as that is handled by another department.) If they feel you can't get up to speed with the products, the process, or the calling metrics, then you likely won't get the job offer.

Interview Question – Pitch the manager as simply as possible about what SAP does for its' customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's all standardized through their agreement with the contracting company you get hired through, so there really is only room to go down if you don't have much experience in selling software solutions. And if you don't have much experience, then you may not be considered by a variety of managers, so it ends up being pretty non-negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SAP

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAP Inside Marketing Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAP employees and interview candidates.