SAP

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SAP in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, went through phone screening, scheduled for interview, then rescheduled twice before being cancelled last minute due to 'change in focus'.

Same application process for a different position, made it to on-site interview, position cancelled last minute due to 'change in budgeting'.

Interview Question – None. Interview was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in October 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process is very long. I applied through the company website and a month later, the HR contacted me for a phone interview. The next week I had a phone interview and then, it got scheduled another interview with the VP. The interview went very well, but until now I guess they have not selected anyone for that position. It is sad, because i haven't heard anything back from the HR, even after asking for feedback.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are the perfect fit for this position?   Answer Question

Newtown Square, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SAP in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a variety of positions online and got denied repeatedly (on a positive note, when SAP is done with you, they email you and tell you they're pursuing other candidates for a job - so you know when to move on).

Emailed University Recruiter. University Recruiter said to take a look at an spring internship (I had been looking for a full time position before that point). Phone interview next day, in person interview a couple days after, offer day after that.

Phone interview was fairly easy. I had more experience than the average candidate so this was largely experience review instead of behavioral. A couple behavioral questions were asked (e.g. "Why are you interested in working at SAP?" and it went so well I was told to expect a follow up for in person immediately.

Interview onsite was pleasant. Fantastic campus. Interviewed with my boss and boss' boss. Went over a lot of organizational structure. Here is where I got the behavioral questions (3 biggest strengths/weaknesses, etc.) and then we spoke about what the job was entailed. Thanked them, expressed my interest.

Called that night by recruiter, told to expect offer letter soon, spoke start dates, etc.... offer letter via email next day.

Interview Question – Given your ERP experience, what would you say is the most valuable thing you have learned about SAP?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's an internship. Hours were negotiatble- I wasn't able to make schedule adjustments because the internship was posted so late (they understood registration was done).

Pay is non-negotiable for interns. Based on your area and your class year (sophomore, junior, senior, etc.) you will get fixed hourly pay.

SAP has a terrible concept of headcount which makes trying to get an internship/jiob there as a student frustrating. Expect things to be last minute.

Newtown Square, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SAP in April 2008.

Interview Details – Got a call from SAP HR. Schedule a day to the on-site interview (company covered all travel expense).
Interviewed with 4 member from different teams within the group. Got offer notice 10 days after.)

Interview Question – "How will you sell your ideas to to your colleagues who have little/no technical background?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary for interns is fixed and there is no benefit. So no room for negotiation.

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAP in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a interview a week later, asked me about past projects, some background checking question, some basic OO concepts and a few simple programming questions, to implement a recursive function.

Walldorf, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – Very quick in responding. Efficient in handling the recruitment application through portal.
Received response within 2 weeks after applying on portal. Was directly called for a face to face interview. The invitation included all the details I needed to reach the office. Efficient follow from HR after the interview also.

Interview Question – All questions were very generic and expected.   Answer Question

Interviewed at SAP

Interview Details – Applied online, asked for phone interview 10 days later

Interview Question – what is your dream job?   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied the position via coop program of university. The process is pretty fast, I applied the position on 21st Jan. and received interview email by SAP co-ordinator on 28th Jan and had interview on 31st Jan. And I received the offer on 3rd Feb. which is the first business day after the interview.

Interview Question – Questions asked are moderate and very basic, not so difficult. OOP, binary search and so on.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Walldorf, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SAP in June 2012.

Interview Details – The entire process was maybe too long. It tooked more than 3 weeks to get a first answer, then the communications were friendly and in two weeks I did my first and only interview. After that I needed to wait another month to start working.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future within the organization?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. I just applied online and about 3 weeks later got an email from a recruiter. No phone interview, I just received an email from the recruiter scheduling me to meet in their office for a 1 hour session. This 1 hour interview was very straight forward, general questions on your resume, basic technical questions(Like basic OO Concepts) and some general hr style questions. Received a job offer the following day.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself if 5 years?
List some design patterns and explain them?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations besides start date. Pay is based on your education level. (1st year, 2nd year, Masters, etc)

Interviews for Top Jobs at SAP

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAP Intern interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAP employees and interview candidates.