SAP

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.4

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

The hiring process consisted of online application. After, email was sent to review resume and set up a date to meet up and have an interview. After interviewing twice, there is the awaited reply for whether or not you get the position. Sadly in this case, there was no response.

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

All realistic questions and situations asked. Was a comfortable experience. Straight-forward; they don't trick you. One of the better interviews I've been in. Positive outcome and better than what I was expecting. General questions about CV.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SAP in July 2013.

Applied online, went through phone screening, scheduled for interview, then rescheduled twice before being cancelled last minute due to 'change in focus'.

Same application process for a different position, made it to on-site interview, position cancelled last minute due to 'change in budgeting'.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in October 2012.

The whole process is very long. I applied through the company website and a month later, the HR contacted me for a phone interview. The next week I had a phone interview and then, it got scheduled another interview with the VP. The interview went very well, but until now I guess they have not selected anyone for that position. It is sad, because i haven't heard anything back from the HR, even after asking for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are the perfect fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SAP in December 2011.

I applied for a variety of positions online and got denied repeatedly (on a positive note, when SAP is done with you, they email you and tell you they're pursuing other candidates for a job - so you know when to move on).

Emailed University Recruiter. University Recruiter said to take a look at an spring internship (I had been looking for a full time position before that point). Phone interview next day, in person interview a couple days after, offer day after that.

Phone interview was fairly easy. I had more experience than the average candidate so this was largely experience review instead of behavioral. A couple behavioral questions were asked (e.g. "Why are you interested in working at SAP?" and it went so well I was told to expect a follow up for in person immediately.

Interview onsite was pleasant. Fantastic campus. Interviewed with my boss and boss' boss. Went over a lot of organizational structure. Here is where I got the behavioral questions (3 biggest strengths/weaknesses, etc.) and then we spoke about what the job was entailed. Thanked them, expressed my interest.

Called that night by recruiter, told to expect offer letter soon, spoke start dates, etc.... offer letter via email next day.

Interview Questions
    • Given your ERP experience, what would you say is the most valuable thing you have learned about SAP?   Answer Question
    It's an internship. Hours were negotiatble- I wasn't able to make schedule adjustments because the internship was posted so late (they understood registration was done).

Pay is non-negotiable for interns. Based on your area and your class year (sophomore, junior, senior, etc.) you will get fixed hourly pay.

SAP has a terrible concept of headcount which makes trying to get an internship/jiob there as a student frustrating. Expect things to be last minute.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAP in April 2008.

Got a call from SAP HR. Schedule a day to the on-site interview (company covered all travel expense).
    Interviewed with 4 member from different teams within the group. Got offer notice 10 days after.)

Interview Questions
    • "How will you sell your ideas to to your colleagues who have little/no technical background?"   View Answer
    The salary for interns is fixed and there is no benefit. So no room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SAP in October 2014.

They got in touch through our college placement office with a number of job offers and within a week they got back in touch and offered a couple of students an interview. It was relaxed and the interviews took place on campus.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask anything too detailed just a little about inheritance, polymophism and encapsilation. Apart from that they just asked what i knew about the company and went through my cv and past projects.   Answer Question
    no negotiation of contract

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAP in June 2014.

Applied online, had a interview a week later, asked me about past projects, some background checking question, some basic OO concepts and a few simple programming questions, to implement a recursive function.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walldorf, Baden-W├╝rttemberg (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walldorf, Baden-W├╝rttemberg (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

Haben sehr schnell geantwortet. Gut funktionierende Bearbeitung der Bewerbung über das Portal.

Habe innerhalb von 2 Wochen nach der Bewerbung über das Portal eine Antwort erhalten. Bin direkt zum persönlichen Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen worden. Die Einladung enthielt alle nötigen Informationen, um das Büro zu finden. Auch gut funktionierende Kommunikation seitens der Personalabteilung nach dem Gespräch.

Very quick in responding. Efficient in handling the recruitment application through portal.
    Received response within 2 weeks after applying on portal. Was directly called for a face to face interview. The invitation included all the details I needed to reach the office. Efficient follow from HR after the interview also.

Interview Questions
    • Alle Fragen waren sehr allgemein und vorhersehbar.   All questions were very generic and expected.   Answer Question

Applied online, asked for phone interview 10 days later