SAP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

Senior Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

Recruiter called from my monster profile. Three rounds of interview. First was over phone, second was with my manager (very basic HR questions) third was with a platinum consultant. He was very nice and didn't ask any difficult questions.

Yes negotiated and got a $5K raise

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. I was put through about 15 one-on-one interviews via phone before ever being offered an in-person interview. Ultimately, had 1 in-person interview. Overall, the hiring process took longer than it should have, the background check group was incompetent and I ultimately had to provide all of my W-2s to prove my work experience because they seemed to be incapable of verifying on their own. Overall a very inefficient and unpleasant process.

I was offered less than the original range because my new boss made less than the range they had offered originally for this position. So, my salary offer was contingent on what my boss had previously negotiated. There was no negotiation beyond this. I was desperate to get out of my previous position, so I accepted despite all the unpleasantries around this process.

Sales Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

It was an On-Campus Recruitment. I submitted my resume and cover letter through my school career website and got a notification about a scheduling for an interview. The interview itself was a bit too brief and informal. The guy, who identified himself to be a contractor (not a HR person) basically said that he wasn't interested in learning more about my qualifications but more about myself, personality and career goals. He said I was already qualified (or else I wouldn't be called in for an interview). Anyways after him asking some general interview questions (tell me about yourself, time you solve hardships, career goals, etc), he briefed me about the rest of the interview process, while reassuring me that I was definitely going to be called in for a second interview. He didn't leave me a business card so I had to ask him for his email from one of the admins at the NYU career center. About two weeks later, I still didn't receive any emails or phone calls until about a two weeks and a half I got a voice message saying that I will not be called in for the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me about a time when I contributed back to society (it wasn't too unexpected but I was a bit surprised as I didn't prepare specifically for the question as I was prepping for this interview)   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

The hiring process consisted of online application. After, email was sent to review resume and set up a date to meet up and have an interview. After interviewing twice, there is the awaited reply for whether or not you get the position. Sadly in this case, there was no response.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

I applied to the interview on the SAP Website. Most of the job opening they had were for experienced candidates. This profile needed back-end as well as front-end knowledge. Hiring process was as usual, what we have to most of the companies. I got an initial phone screening call in a week after I applied. Once that was cleared, I got a call for technical interview within one more week. In short, it was Initial Phone Screening followed by technical phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will you build an API for Memory Cache? Choose whichever language you are comfortable with.   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

All realistic questions and situations asked. Was a comfortable experience. Straight-forward; they don't trick you. One of the better interviews I've been in. Positive outcome and better than what I was expecting. General questions about CV.

, Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Applied online. Got call after few days.The hiring process is as follows.There will be 30 minutes Telephonic Interview, mostly behavioral, Then they will invite you for Personnel Interviews, again 30 minutes Telephonic Interview and a Technical Interview. The personnel Interview is the crucial part overall. Questions on algorithms,relational database concepts and some questions on object oriented programming were asked.The whole process took more than 1 month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

I had submitted my resume online. Got contacted by an HR rep within a week. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. First interview was mostly behavioral - 30 minutes with HR. I was contacted same day for another interview with the hiring manager. Some technical questions during the interview - 30 minutes. A day later I was contacted again to fly out to Newtown Square, PA for a final round interview with a panel. Every person I have been in contact with SAP has been very helpful. They answered all my questions during and after the process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time when you lead a team for a project? Explain what you did during your internship. How did you handle peoples input and how did you say no to people when something was out of scope of the project?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, great pay, great benefits

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Very fast interview process: started off with a screening phone call with my recruiter, then a technical phone interview with a mid-level manager, and finally was flown in for an on-HQ interview in Newtown Sq. I had a great experience with all the employees involved. They were very straight forward and really seemed excited to be working at SAP and were excited to hire new employees.

Interview Questions
    non-negotiable, great salary and benefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Sq, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Sq, PA

I applied online – interviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Phone call from HR, then a 13 minute call with a mgr, then an onsite. Gave a presentation, thought I interviewed well, HR sat at the end of the table and played with her phone the entire time.

Absolutely zero follow up, no response to any email. The most unprofessional and disappointing interview and hiring process I have ever experienced. I would not even consider an offer from them simply based on the horribly disrespectful example of unprofessional behavior.

Amazing product, relatively good company, but that does not in anyway give them the right to be rude to a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you a "new" tool how would you learn how to use it. The question was delivered in the interview in such a blank way that it was not clearly understood and needed to be explained.   Answer Question