SAP

Updated Dec 9, 2014

Applications Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

Telephone Interview by a first level recruiter within the company's HR department. Call was initiated when an employee who worked me on another project recommended me. I was told that the junior recruiter will first screen me and then if found "suitable" will ask a senior recruiter to contact me on phone and then 1:1 with immediate boss and several other consutlants

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAP.

I was stated here as an intern, and I was interviewed by 2 engineers, the interview was smooth, some questions are difficult, some are simple, I am lucky enough to pass the interview and got the offer, and then I was converted to the employee after graduation.

Data Specialist Interview

Interview process was fairly easy, they needed someone quickly. Had two phone conversations and one onsite. Got back to me within two weeks. Very quick process. nothing really too difficult, mainly wanted to determine if you were competent.

Sales Academy Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAP in October 2014.

SAP participated in my University Career fair. I did the assessment online, applied through my university career services website and got the interview. Prepare for pure behavioral questions, and know the academy and what it consist of like the back of your hand. Know why you want to join the academy, and what SAP does in general.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had influence someone at work?   Answer Question

Senior Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

Recruiter called from my monster profile. Three rounds of interview. First was over phone, second was with my manager (very basic HR questions) third was with a platinum consultant. He was very nice and didn't ask any difficult questions.

Yes negotiated and got a $5K raise

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. I was put through about 15 one-on-one interviews via phone before ever being offered an in-person interview. Ultimately, had 1 in-person interview. Overall, the hiring process took longer than it should have, the background check group was incompetent and I ultimately had to provide all of my W-2s to prove my work experience because they seemed to be incapable of verifying on their own. Overall a very inefficient and unpleasant process.

I was offered less than the original range because my new boss made less than the range they had offered originally for this position. So, my salary offer was contingent on what my boss had previously negotiated. There was no negotiation beyond this. I was desperate to get out of my previous position, so I accepted despite all the unpleasantries around this process.

Sales Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

It was an On-Campus Recruitment. I submitted my resume and cover letter through my school career website and got a notification about a scheduling for an interview. The interview itself was a bit too brief and informal. The guy, who identified himself to be a contractor (not a HR person) basically said that he wasn't interested in learning more about my qualifications but more about myself, personality and career goals. He said I was already qualified (or else I wouldn't be called in for an interview). Anyways after him asking some general interview questions (tell me about yourself, time you solve hardships, career goals, etc), he briefed me about the rest of the interview process, while reassuring me that I was definitely going to be called in for a second interview. He didn't leave me a business card so I had to ask him for his email from one of the admins at the NYU career center. About two weeks later, I still didn't receive any emails or phone calls until about a two weeks and a half I got a voice message saying that I will not be called in for the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me about a time when I contributed back to society (it wasn't too unexpected but I was a bit surprised as I didn't prepare specifically for the question as I was prepping for this interview)   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

The hiring process consisted of online application. After, email was sent to review resume and set up a date to meet up and have an interview. After interviewing twice, there is the awaited reply for whether or not you get the position. Sadly in this case, there was no response.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

I applied to the interview on the SAP Website. Most of the job opening they had were for experienced candidates. This profile needed back-end as well as front-end knowledge. Hiring process was as usual, what we have to most of the companies. I got an initial phone screening call in a week after I applied. Once that was cleared, I got a call for technical interview within one more week. In short, it was Initial Phone Screening followed by technical phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will you build an API for Memory Cache? Choose whichever language you are comfortable with.   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

All realistic questions and situations asked. Was a comfortable experience. Straight-forward; they don't trick you. One of the better interviews I've been in. Positive outcome and better than what I was expecting. General questions about CV.