SAP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAP.

Interview

I was stated here as an intern, and I was interviewed by 2 engineers, the interview was smooth, some questions are difficult, some are simple, I am lucky enough to pass the interview and got the offer, and then I was converted to the employee after graduation.

Data Specialist Interview

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy, they needed someone quickly. Had two phone conversations and one onsite. Got back to me within two weeks. Very quick process. nothing really too difficult, mainly wanted to determine if you were competent.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an SAP recruiter who was looking for candidates to fill a Service Sales position on the WEST Coast. The position was for someone based in Northern California. My CV clearly shows that I reside in Southern California. However, the recruiter INSISTED on obtaining and submitting my credentials. I was NOT informed that the Hiring Manager was seeking someone based in Northern California.

It turns out that the recruiter knew prior, but dedicated to utilize the throw it at the wall and whatever sticks approach.

Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAP (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Questions on sales experiences. Mostly behavioural. They had a social mixer a day before the interview, where we could talk to the interviewers and network. It was a good experience.

Sales Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAP in October 2014.

Interview

SAP participated in my University Career fair. I did the assessment online, applied through my university career services website and got the interview. Prepare for pure behavioral questions, and know the academy and what it consist of like the back of your hand. Know why you want to join the academy, and what SAP does in general.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had influence someone at work?   Answer Question

Senior Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruiter called from my monster profile. Three rounds of interview. First was over phone, second was with my manager (very basic HR questions) third was with a platinum consultant. He was very nice and didn't ask any difficult questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes negotiated and got a $5K raise

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. I was put through about 15 one-on-one interviews via phone before ever being offered an in-person interview. Ultimately, had 1 in-person interview. Overall, the hiring process took longer than it should have, the background check group was incompetent and I ultimately had to provide all of my W-2s to prove my work experience because they seemed to be incapable of verifying on their own. Overall a very inefficient and unpleasant process.

Negotiation

I was offered less than the original range because my new boss made less than the range they had offered originally for this position. So, my salary offer was contingent on what my boss had previously negotiated. There was no negotiation beyond this. I was desperate to get out of my previous position, so I accepted despite all the unpleasantries around this process.

Sales Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an On-Campus Recruitment. I submitted my resume and cover letter through my school career website and got a notification about a scheduling for an interview. The interview itself was a bit too brief and informal. The guy, who identified himself to be a contractor (not a HR person) basically said that he wasn't interested in learning more about my qualifications but more about myself, personality and career goals. He said I was already qualified (or else I wouldn't be called in for an interview). Anyways after him asking some general interview questions (tell me about yourself, time you solve hardships, career goals, etc), he briefed me about the rest of the interview process, while reassuring me that I was definitely going to be called in for a second interview. He didn't leave me a business card so I had to ask him for his email from one of the admins at the NYU career center. About two weeks later, I still didn't receive any emails or phone calls until about a two weeks and a half I got a voice message saying that I will not be called in for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about a time when I contributed back to society (it wasn't too unexpected but I was a bit surprised as I didn't prepare specifically for the question as I was prepping for this interview)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of online application. After, email was sent to review resume and set up a date to meet up and have an interview. After interviewing twice, there is the awaited reply for whether or not you get the position. Sadly in this case, there was no response.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Interview

I applied to the interview on the SAP Website. Most of the job opening they had were for experienced candidates. This profile needed back-end as well as front-end knowledge. Hiring process was as usual, what we have to most of the companies. I got an initial phone screening call in a week after I applied. Once that was cleared, I got a call for technical interview within one more week. In short, it was Initial Phone Screening followed by technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you build an API for Memory Cache? Choose whichever language you are comfortable with.   1 Answer