SAP

SAP Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

I applied to the interview on the SAP Website. Most of the job opening they had were for experienced candidates. This profile needed back-end as well as front-end knowledge. Hiring process was as usual, what we have to most of the companies. I got an initial phone screening call in a week after I applied. Once that was cleared, I got a call for technical interview within one more week. In short, it was Initial Phone Screening followed by technical phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will you build an API for Memory Cache? Choose whichever language you are comfortable with.   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

All realistic questions and situations asked. Was a comfortable experience. Straight-forward; they don't trick you. One of the better interviews I've been in. Positive outcome and better than what I was expecting. General questions about CV.

, Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Applied online. Got call after few days.The hiring process is as follows.There will be 30 minutes Telephonic Interview, mostly behavioral, Then they will invite you for Personnel Interviews, again 30 minutes Telephonic Interview and a Technical Interview. The personnel Interview is the crucial part overall. Questions on algorithms,relational database concepts and some questions on object oriented programming were asked.The whole process took more than 1 month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

I had submitted my resume online. Got contacted by an HR rep within a week. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. First interview was mostly behavioral - 30 minutes with HR. I was contacted same day for another interview with the hiring manager. Some technical questions during the interview - 30 minutes. A day later I was contacted again to fly out to Newtown Square, PA for a final round interview with a panel. Every person I have been in contact with SAP has been very helpful. They answered all my questions during and after the process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time when you lead a team for a project? Explain what you did during your internship. How did you handle peoples input and how did you say no to people when something was out of scope of the project?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, great pay, great benefits

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Very fast interview process: started off with a screening phone call with my recruiter, then a technical phone interview with a mid-level manager, and finally was flown in for an on-HQ interview in Newtown Sq. I had a great experience with all the employees involved. They were very straight forward and really seemed excited to be working at SAP and were excited to hire new employees.

Interview Questions
    non-negotiable, great salary and benefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Sq, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Sq, PA

I applied online – interviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Phone call from HR, then a 13 minute call with a mgr, then an onsite. Gave a presentation, thought I interviewed well, HR sat at the end of the table and played with her phone the entire time.

Absolutely zero follow up, no response to any email. The most unprofessional and disappointing interview and hiring process I have ever experienced. I would not even consider an offer from them simply based on the horribly disrespectful example of unprofessional behavior.

Amazing product, relatively good company, but that does not in anyway give them the right to be rude to a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you a "new" tool how would you learn how to use it. The question was delivered in the interview in such a blank way that it was not clearly understood and needed to be explained.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

1) Applied online 2) Email from the recruiter to schedule time to talk 3) Phone screen with the recruiter 4) Phone interview with hiring manager 5) Test 6) In-person panel interview 7) Another interview (not expected)

All questions were pretty predictable and standard. All interviewers were very professional, kind and well-prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of anything unexpected. I was prepared for standard personality questions and obvious questions based on the job description, and this is exactly what I got asked.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP.

HR screening, panel review with multiple executives within the organization and then with the hiring manager. I was asked to provide writing samples. Overall, the interview went as expected no surprise questions. There were a lot of questions regarding my experience to include behavior and situational questions. All interviews were virtual.

Interview Questions
    • Again, a number of questions were geared towards my experience with the handling of business requirements, program management, and how my experience could add value to the organization.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

A total of 3 interviews. I met first with HR, then the potential new VP and lastly the SVP. HR meeting was pretty standard with basic questions such as background.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked: What are your strengths, weakness...etc Identify a time when you overcame a challenge at work. Why are you interested in working here?   Answer Question
    two round of negotiations with the recruiter it went in my favor.

Banking Solution Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at SAP.

It took about one year. And this was with knowing the hiring manager from previous roles. I interviewed with my boss, his boss and many of the potential associates I would work with.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about new and provocative ways to show a customer an ROI.   Answer Question