SAP

400 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – I believe I first had an over-the-phone interview, followed by an on-site interview near Dallas, TX. That single day interview was comprised of 2 separate interviews, each 30-45 minutes. The objective each time was to assess basic competencies and skills, but mainly to see if you would a great fit with the company. One interviewer turned out to be my first boss.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was explaining anything I knew about SAP or the industry, really. My knowledge of both was very lacking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I recall two levels of salary offers: lower salary for new/recent grads, and a higher salary for those with some work experience. I was the former, couldn't really negotiate there.

SAP Sales Academy Program Interview

SAP Sales Academy Program

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out online application and completed personality questionnaire. Was e-mailed a week later saying they would like to schedule a phone interview. They were very unorganized with the scheduling, and got back to me a week later for the phone interview. Interview was very standard, the interviewer did not review my information prior to calling me and tried to ask me "trick questions" like "Here at SAP we enjoy doing community service. Name an example of a time you did community service" - When I come from a non-profit background.

I thought the phone interview went smoothly, sent a thank you letter and hand-written note. Was NEVER contacted back. No rejection notice, no phone call etc. I tried calling and e-mailing to get in touch with HR and my interviewer, no response.

Might be because their company is in a bit of shambles right now. They also took the postings down from their website.

Interview Question – Name a time when you faced conflict with co-workers and how did you resolve it.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at SAP

Interview Details – multiple interviews ranging by phone and face to face

Interview Question – Describe why we should hire you vs. someone else.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SAP in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening and two interviews.

Interview Question – Finding a bug in involved code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a sign-up bonus

Senior Managing Consultant, Program/Project Manager Interview

Senior Managing Consultant, Program/Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAP in October 2012.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews

Interview Question – Technical question about the software   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They gave me more than I was asking for. Very fair company offering excellent compensation.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Newtown Square, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SAP in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with Technical team followed by Platinum Consultant. The questions are more process oriented and one needs knowledge of the issues and how to formulate the solution.

Interview Question – The interviewers are very nice and don't intend to stress the interviewee. Weightage is always given to experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was hard and lengthy. Very hard to get higher base but all depends on the demand in the market.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interview Details – 3 rounds of technical interview and one HR

Interview Question – All questions were pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt try to

Presales Graduate Academy Interview

Presales Graduate Academy
Newtown Square, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met up with a recruiter at a job fair. She had my formally apply and asked about my interests. Then she set up a call with an HR person who asked easy questions and verified information. Once I moved on, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked harder questions about my background, why technology, why sales, etc-- but nothing too hard.

Then I came in for a super day and had 5 different interviews but they were all about fit and background. Finally we had to do a 15 minute presentation using only 5 slides on our favorite class.

Interview Question – The Presentation was the most difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 55k base with 15% bonus potential.

Developer Interview

Developer

Interviewed at SAP

Interview Details – The HR person was quite detail-oriented. The interview itself was quite smooth. The hiring manager was respectful, and asked me more "soft skills" questions than direct, technical questions. I was asked to meet some of the senior team members. I thought they were trying to gauge what kind of a teammate I would be, rather than whether I had the exact technical skillset.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your current employer? Why now?   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAP in July 2010.

Interview Details – Head Hunter or by past relationships