SAP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

Director, Solution Management Interview

Really varies by team, but be prepared to provide examples of past accomplishments.

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

SAP is usually fairly structured in their hiring from campus. They like to get to know the graduate students…and look at their personalities not just their technical skills. They like to see your academics as well as how you were involved in leadership roles while on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Technical, product specific questions can be daunting for non-SAP knowledgable people.   Answer Question
    Usually it is not easy to negotiate while being hired off-campus. My advice to focus on your previous work experience so that they can put you in the corresponding salary range.

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in January 2013.

Extremely easy going and fast interview & hiring process. Only had a couple of phone interviews before being offered a job. Compensation offered was more than I expected. Some minor hickup regarding title when I received the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult or challenging questions. Emphasis of interview questions were on my past experience and how it applies to SAP>   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed.

SAP Sales Academy Bootcamp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at SAP in April 2014.

I attended the SAP Sales Academy Bootcamp in Dublin, CA in April 2014. There were about 70-80 candidates at the interview. They did not tell us much beforehand, only that it was going to be from 8:30-4:30. They split us up into groups of 6-7 pretty much immediately, and from then on had us working on an extended business case for the rest of the day. They created a fictional telecom company with a variety of issues, and we spent the day working within our group to pick an SAP product to sell to them, come up with our sales strategy and angle, etc. We were pulled out for three 1 on 1 interviews during this process, one of which had the interviewer "in role", e.g. he was part of our sales team and we had to ask him questions about this telecom to glean the correct information. Overall, it was an interesting process and somewhat refreshing in that it was very different from a typical interview. However, I think I realized through this interview that I'm not interested in sales - everyone was nice, but everyone was very aggressive and intense, which I suppose is the personality type that comes along with being a good sales person. Also, SAP took a really long time with the whole interview process - my first interview was in person on campus in February, and the next step was this interview, about 2 months later. They said they would only tell us the outcomes of this interview in 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the 1 on 1 interview where the interviewer was "in role" - it was essentially a consulting case interview, but the interview had a few very specific points of information he was trying to get me to ask him for, unlike a typical case interview where the process is a bit more organic.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in August 2010.

The interview process was quick and easy. Three interviews with senior management. To the point and decision was quick. Straightforward unlike many other companies I have encountered. I heard this was not the norm but in my case the process was simple and quick. Perhaps the need was urgent.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot relate to any question that was most difficult or unexpected. The questions were pretty standard and management style.   Answer Question
    Simple negotiation and terms were agreed upon fairly quick.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP.

I believe I first had an over-the-phone interview, followed by an on-site interview near Dallas, TX. That single day interview was comprised of 2 separate interviews, each 30-45 minutes. The objective each time was to assess basic competencies and skills, but mainly to see if you would a great fit with the company. One interviewer turned out to be my first boss.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was explaining anything I knew about SAP or the industry, really. My knowledge of both was very lacking.   Answer Question
    I recall two levels of salary offers: lower salary for new/recent grads, and a higher salary for those with some work experience. I was the former, couldn't really negotiate there.

SAP Sales Academy Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAP in February 2014.

Filled out online application and completed personality questionnaire. Was e-mailed a week later saying they would like to schedule a phone interview. They were very unorganized with the scheduling, and got back to me a week later for the phone interview. Interview was very standard, the interviewer did not review my information prior to calling me and tried to ask me "trick questions" like "Here at SAP we enjoy doing community service. Name an example of a time you did community service" - When I come from a non-profit background.

I thought the phone interview went smoothly, sent a thank you letter and hand-written note. Was NEVER contacted back. No rejection notice, no phone call etc. I tried calling and e-mailing to get in touch with HR and my interviewer, no response.

Might be because their company is in a bit of shambles right now. They also took the postings down from their website.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you faced conflict with co-workers and how did you resolve it.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

multiple interviews ranging by phone and face to face

salary

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at SAP in April 2010.

Phone screening and two interviews.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a sign-up bonus

Senior Managing Consultant, Program/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at SAP in October 2012.

3 phone interviews

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They gave me more than I was asking for. Very fair company offering excellent compensation.