SAP

Updated Dec 9, 2014

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

SAP is usually fairly structured in their hiring from campus. They like to get to know the graduate students…and look at their personalities not just their technical skills. They like to see your academics as well as how you were involved in leadership roles while on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Technical, product specific questions can be daunting for non-SAP knowledgable people.   Answer Question
    Usually it is not easy to negotiate while being hired off-campus. My advice to focus on your previous work experience so that they can put you in the corresponding salary range.

SAP Sales Academy Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP in April 2014.

I applied through my university and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview. It was one-on-one and my interviewer was very friendly and warm - the interview was more of a conversation and she told me that she would recommend me for the next round. She asked me to go online and complete a personality test, which I initially did not pass (I think I was being too honest) but my interviewer told me to try again and I passed the second time.

For the final round of interviews, I flew to Newton Square for the Sales Academy Bootcamp Day. There were ~80 candidates there in total. We were split into groups of six and worked together to complete a business case study. I'd never taken a business class in my life, and I'd never done anything sales-related, but I thought the case study was logical and easy enough. I think what they're looking for is not actually for you to solve the case study, per se. Your answer doesn't matter as much as how you arrived there and how you present it. They're essentially looking for personality traits - are you a leader? Do you listen to your group? Do you show intellectual curiosity? How do you problem solve? Can you persuasively present your solution?

I really enjoyed working with my group, and had great conversations with my interviewers as well. Everyone was genuinely nice and easy to talk to. I received an offer about two weeks later, and I still stay in touch with a few of my interviewers. Out of the groups of six, usually only one person receives an offer. My group worked really well together and performed very well, and so two of us received offers.

Interview Questions
    • (After Bootcamp Day): How do you think you did? How would you evaluate this interview process?   Answer Question

SAP Sales Academy Bootcamp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAP in April 2014.

I attended the SAP Sales Academy Bootcamp in Dublin, CA in April 2014. There were about 70-80 candidates at the interview. They did not tell us much beforehand, only that it was going to be from 8:30-4:30. They split us up into groups of 6-7 pretty much immediately, and from then on had us working on an extended business case for the rest of the day. They created a fictional telecom company with a variety of issues, and we spent the day working within our group to pick an SAP product to sell to them, come up with our sales strategy and angle, etc. We were pulled out for three 1 on 1 interviews during this process, one of which had the interviewer "in role", e.g. he was part of our sales team and we had to ask him questions about this telecom to glean the correct information. Overall, it was an interesting process and somewhat refreshing in that it was very different from a typical interview. However, I think I realized through this interview that I'm not interested in sales - everyone was nice, but everyone was very aggressive and intense, which I suppose is the personality type that comes along with being a good sales person. Also, SAP took a really long time with the whole interview process - my first interview was in person on campus in February, and the next step was this interview, about 2 months later. They said they would only tell us the outcomes of this interview in 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the 1 on 1 interview where the interviewer was "in role" - it was essentially a consulting case interview, but the interview had a few very specific points of information he was trying to get me to ask him for, unlike a typical case interview where the process is a bit more organic.   Answer Question

Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAP in April 2014.

Had interview onsite PALO ALTO, Was asked mostly about projects. After they told what they do.

Intern, Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in April 2014.

phone interview lasts for 15 minutes.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

I believe I first had an over-the-phone interview, followed by an on-site interview near Dallas, TX. That single day interview was comprised of 2 separate interviews, each 30-45 minutes. The objective each time was to assess basic competencies and skills, but mainly to see if you would a great fit with the company. One interviewer turned out to be my first boss.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was explaining anything I knew about SAP or the industry, really. My knowledge of both was very lacking.   Answer Question
    I recall two levels of salary offers: lower salary for new/recent grads, and a higher salary for those with some work experience. I was the former, couldn't really negotiate there.

Account Executive Interview

multiple interviews ranging by phone and face to face

salary

Software Engineer Interview

3 rounds of technical interview and one HR

I didnt try to

SAP Sales Academy Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP in February 2014.

Filled out online application and completed personality questionnaire. Was e-mailed a week later saying they would like to schedule a phone interview. They were very unorganized with the scheduling, and got back to me a week later for the phone interview. Interview was very standard, the interviewer did not review my information prior to calling me and tried to ask me "trick questions" like "Here at SAP we enjoy doing community service. Name an example of a time you did community service" - When I come from a non-profit background.

I thought the phone interview went smoothly, sent a thank you letter and hand-written note. Was NEVER contacted back. No rejection notice, no phone call etc. I tried calling and e-mailing to get in touch with HR and my interviewer, no response.

Might be because their company is in a bit of shambles right now. They also took the postings down from their website.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you faced conflict with co-workers and how did you resolve it.   View Answer

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAP in February 2014.

One screening interview with the Senior Director. Questioned about basic technical knowledge: SQL, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript. Asked about availability and expectations from internship. Then was informed that I would be called for an On-site interview at the Palo Alto Office. This was the Manager himself, and it whole experience was very favorable.

Interview Questions
    No Could not negotiate because it was an internship.