SAP

Updated Feb 19, 2015

Intern, Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in April 2014.

phone interview lasts for 15 minutes.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

I believe I first had an over-the-phone interview, followed by an on-site interview near Dallas, TX. That single day interview was comprised of 2 separate interviews, each 30-45 minutes. The objective each time was to assess basic competencies and skills, but mainly to see if you would a great fit with the company. One interviewer turned out to be my first boss.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was explaining anything I knew about SAP or the industry, really. My knowledge of both was very lacking.   Answer Question
    I recall two levels of salary offers: lower salary for new/recent grads, and a higher salary for those with some work experience. I was the former, couldn't really negotiate there.

Account Executive Interview

multiple interviews ranging by phone and face to face

salary

Software Engineer Interview

3 rounds of technical interview and one HR

I didnt try to

SAP Sales Academy Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP in February 2014.

Filled out online application and completed personality questionnaire. Was e-mailed a week later saying they would like to schedule a phone interview. They were very unorganized with the scheduling, and got back to me a week later for the phone interview. Interview was very standard, the interviewer did not review my information prior to calling me and tried to ask me "trick questions" like "Here at SAP we enjoy doing community service. Name an example of a time you did community service" - When I come from a non-profit background.

I thought the phone interview went smoothly, sent a thank you letter and hand-written note. Was NEVER contacted back. No rejection notice, no phone call etc. I tried calling and e-mailing to get in touch with HR and my interviewer, no response.

Might be because their company is in a bit of shambles right now. They also took the postings down from their website.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you faced conflict with co-workers and how did you resolve it.   View Answer

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAP in February 2014.

One screening interview with the Senior Director. Questioned about basic technical knowledge: SQL, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript. Asked about availability and expectations from internship. Then was informed that I would be called for an On-site interview at the Palo Alto Office. This was the Manager himself, and it whole experience was very favorable.

Interview Questions
    No Could not negotiate because it was an internship.

Developer Interview

The HR person was quite detail-oriented. The interview itself was quite smooth. The hiring manager was respectful, and asked me more "soft skills" questions than direct, technical questions. I was asked to meet some of the senior team members. I thought they were trying to gauge what kind of a teammate I would be, rather than whether I had the exact technical skillset.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your current employer? Why now?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAP.

I participated in an initial screening call triggered by the submission of my resume by a friend who works at SAP.

The screener was a long term member of the consulting team and exceedingly cordial and pleasant. Their goal was to give me the best picture possible of what it would be like to consult for SAP. They did not focus on screening me out.

Their other goal was to identified areas in my background that would increase or decrease my probability of being hired by SAP.

One of their key factors was the amount of direct experience a candidate has working directly with SAP products.

User Experience Design Intern Interview

One phone interview, walk through portfolio and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't answer well about the previous work experience question. It was not difficult but I didn't prepare well.   Answer Question

Solution Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

3 Phone interviews, first call was with recruiter, asked some general questions about my experience, CV, education. Second call was with manager, who talked a bit more about the job, expectations, etc. Third call was with manager, who asked me for a potential business/solution idea and asked me to demo it as if I were in front of a customer

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult challenge someone in enterprise mobility will face when talking to potential new customers   Answer Question
    No negotiation