SAP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in May 2014.

Interview

The recruiting department seemed very confusing and disorganized, I had three separate screeners ask me the same set of questions. After finally passing those questions, I was introduced to a peer who was rushed and clearly unprepared Despite this I was introduced to the hiring manager who was an improvement, and we went on from there

Interview Questions

• They pressed me on some SAP product questions that seemed irrelevant to the services sales role at hand   Answer Question

unprofessional experience by recruiting

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP in May 2014.

Interview

My resume was only noticed by them because an upperclassman who had already graduated referred me. I was contacted by a recruiter in about 1.5 weeks during the end of April when I had submitted my resume to the upperclassman earlier in the month. I am not personally a Computer Science major but my major encompassed biochemistry with math and I was required to take two programming/coding classes.

There are three rounds to the interview process. For the first one, it is a basic phone screening with someone from their HR department. She basically asked me in detail about everything on my resume and one behavioral question, such as "Tell me about a time when you were in a leadership position". The phone screening was my actual first interview ever and in all seriousness, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

The second interview was the phone interview with one of their directors. He asked me more specific questions about my research work during college because that was what I had primarily done and he obtained a PhD in Chemistry so that made sense. He did not ask any behavioral questions whatsoever. I received an email from the recruiter that I, unfortunately, was not picked because the director felt that I didn't have enough technical skills. Even if I didn't get the position, it was a good first learning experience. Also, the recruiter told me that if I applied to other positions in SAP, I could use her name as a reference so that was an extreme help when I re-applied to their company recently.

Interview Questions

• Explaining the research I did during undergrad in detail   Answer Question

Pre Sales Interview

Interview

They are very specific when they are hiring. They give you the opportunity to talk about your strength and weaknesses but I felt like they did not really give you enough room to elaborate. Very straight forward because your applying for a tough position. Overall, the job seemed very rewarded and there is room for upwards mobility.

Interview Questions

• Talk about when you were in a leadership position. When did you fail. When did you succeed.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP.

Interview

I applied for this position through the career site and the manager contacted me via email. They gave me a design assignment and via phone interview, I explained it with my portfolio as well.

Director, Solution Management Interview

Interview

Really varies by team, but be prepared to provide examples of past accomplishments.

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Interview

SAP is usually fairly structured in their hiring from campus. They like to get to know the graduate students…and look at their personalities not just their technical skills. They like to see your academics as well as how you were involved in leadership roles while on campus.

Interview Questions

• Technical, product specific questions can be daunting for non-SAP knowledgable people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Usually it is not easy to negotiate while being hired off-campus. My advice to focus on your previous work experience so that they can put you in the corresponding salary range.

SAP Sales Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview. It was one-on-one and my interviewer was very friendly and warm - the interview was more of a conversation and she told me that she would recommend me for the next round. She asked me to go online and complete a personality test, which I initially did not pass (I think I was being too honest) but my interviewer told me to try again and I passed the second time.

For the final round of interviews, I flew to Newton Square for the Sales Academy Bootcamp Day. There were ~80 candidates there in total. We were split into groups of six and worked together to complete a business case study. I'd never taken a business class in my life, and I'd never done anything sales-related, but I thought the case study was logical and easy enough. I think what they're looking for is not actually for you to solve the case study, per se. Your answer doesn't matter as much as how you arrived there and how you present it. They're essentially looking for personality traits - are you a leader? Do you listen to your group? Do you show intellectual curiosity? How do you problem solve? Can you persuasively present your solution?

I really enjoyed working with my group, and had great conversations with my interviewers as well. Everyone was genuinely nice and easy to talk to. I received an offer about two weeks later, and I still stay in touch with a few of my interviewers. Out of the groups of six, usually only one person receives an offer. My group worked really well together and performed very well, and so two of us received offers.

Interview Questions

• (After Bootcamp Day): How do you think you did? How would you evaluate this interview process?   Answer Question

SAP Sales Academy Bootcamp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAP (Dublin, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I attended the SAP Sales Academy Bootcamp in Dublin, CA in April 2014. There were about 70-80 candidates at the interview. They did not tell us much beforehand, only that it was going to be from 8:30-4:30. They split us up into groups of 6-7 pretty much immediately, and from then on had us working on an extended business case for the rest of the day. They created a fictional telecom company with a variety of issues, and we spent the day working within our group to pick an SAP product to sell to them, come up with our sales strategy and angle, etc. We were pulled out for three 1 on 1 interviews during this process, one of which had the interviewer "in role", e.g. he was part of our sales team and we had to ask him questions about this telecom to glean the correct information. Overall, it was an interesting process and somewhat refreshing in that it was very different from a typical interview. However, I think I realized through this interview that I'm not interested in sales - everyone was nice, but everyone was very aggressive and intense, which I suppose is the personality type that comes along with being a good sales person. Also, SAP took a really long time with the whole interview process - my first interview was in person on campus in February, and the next step was this interview, about 2 months later. They said they would only tell us the outcomes of this interview in 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the 1 on 1 interview where the interviewer was "in role" - it was essentially a consulting case interview, but the interview had a few very specific points of information he was trying to get me to ask him for, unlike a typical case interview where the process is a bit more organic.   Answer Question

Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had interview onsite PALO ALTO, Was asked mostly about projects. After they told what they do.

Intern, Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP (Newtown, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

phone interview lasts for 15 minutes.