SAP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Operations Interview

Business Operations
Newtown Square, PA

I applied online - interviewed at SAP in September 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews 2 phone 1 in person - standard procedure interviews also assesment of personality

Interview Question – none really all where standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAP in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly easy, but they are looking for a perfect match and are not great on feed-backs. But one needs to be prepared for their job role and industry, they are most probably looking for certain tag words, identify them and make sure you weave them in the most intelligent manner.

Interview Question – What is marketing?   View Answer

Business Functional Consultant Interview

Business Functional Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Interview Details – A posting for a job opening appeared on the career services website for my university, so i applied both on there and through the SAP career services website. I received a phone call about 2 weeks later from my recruiter regarding when was a good time for an informational interview.
The informational interview lasted about 45 minutes and it consisted of me having a conversation with my recruiter about how i liked school, my major, what i knew about SAP and the job that consultants do, and a review of my resume. It's a pretty basic and easy first interview; they're just making sure that you can carry a conversation.
About a week later i received an email from a senior consultant asking when was a good time to have a phone interview. Later that week he called. Interview lasted about an hour. He asked "fit" questions: why SAP, why consulting, tell me your biggest weakness, resume questions, when was a time that you worked on a group project and someone wasn't carrying his weight, what would you do if a client doesn't want to do the "best practices" that you recommend, when was a time that you didn't take the lead in a group project. It was very conversational.
Final round interview was about 2 weeks later at the SAP Americas hq in Newtown Square, Pa. I drove to the hotel from DC; SAP reimbursed me for driving mileage and the hotel room. It consisted of one 2 on 1 interview with the senior consultant from my second round and a senior HR lady. All fit questions; very similar to the second round. Plus, had to give a 10 minute powerpoint presentation on any topic that i wanted to do; a big part of the job is presenting for clients. MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH THE INDUSTRY IN WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK. This question came up and i wasn't ready, so i had to think on the fly.
The day of my final interview, the CEO announced a company wide spending freeze.

Interview Question – Which industry would you like to work in if you had the choice?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in March 2012.

Interview Details – One on-site interview

Interview Question – How to integrate the database from different data source? e.g. combine xml, txt, plat file, sql, excel, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – cannot negotiate with HR

Social Media Manager Interview

Social Media Manager
Newtown Square, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in March 2011.

Interview Details – All by phone -- no face to face interview

Developer II Interview

Developer II
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAP in February 2012.

Interview Details – First connect to HR by applying online for opening post or recommendation, HR will interview you on the phone, this interview is mostly for connecting your basic information and HR will find you the team to interview with. So it is important to make clear and identify yourself of what you are targeting.

Once you get contact with team, usually they will give you a phone interview first with 45 min one round and they will give feedback to HR. If that is getting through, the next step usually will be on site.

HR will help team arrange the onsite interview, you will meat the team member, 3-5 person in a day. I don't see SAP pay any travel or accomodation. I don't think it is very tough, it usually depends on person.

You probably will meet manager as well in this onsite interview.

After that, you can wait for HR's notification of getting offer or not.

Interview Question – Really depends on person. Nothing special.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – depends on manager, I think there is some room for negotiation, you can just go ahead try.

Senior Functional Consultant Interview

Senior Functional Consultant
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAP in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by various management levels and by employees in my field of expertise. In total I had 5 interviews. The interviews were very profesional. Questions were all job oriented with some questions to expand on my background.

Interview Question – Why was seeking employment with SAP?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer and I counter offer. My offer was accepted and no need for more negotiations.

Finance Interview

Finance
Newtown, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was mostly fit. Was impressed by the company and the interviewers (4) but unfortunately did not receive an offer. I believe that the interviews were not a big part of the hiring decision; GPA was more important.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in this organization in 5 years.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SAP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was resume oriented questions and details on position. In person interview was more of the same thing with a few behavioral questions. All in all, very straightforward. Sap moves slow and does not inform you if you do not receive an offer.

Interview Question – What makes you a good option for us?   Answer Question

Development Intern Interview

Development Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SAP in June 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview. It was mostly a behavioral interview.

Second interview was a 1:1 technical interview. I was asked a variety of questions, mostly related to data structures and algorithmic analysis.

Sample questions included:
Give examples of basic joins, and how to use them.
Implement a doubly-linked list