SAP

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAP in May 2012.

Phone interview was resume oriented questions and details on position. In person interview was more of the same thing with a few behavioral questions. All in all, very straightforward. Sap moves slow and does not inform you if you do not receive an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP in April 2011.

SAP called me to ask about my interest in a couple positions. I indicated interest in both and was selected for a phone interview for one. I was emailed for my availability.

My phone interview went well and I was given a practical assignment - to review a competitor's product and analyze it. My professors thought my work was great (I didn't ask for their opinion until after I sent it). At this point SAP arranged an in-person interview.

I arrived at SAP about 20 minutes before my scheduled interview. About 3 minutes before my time my HR contact came down and took me to the interview room, which was right around the corner from the entrance.

My interview was short (about 15 minutes). I was asked typical questions - why did you pick the majors you did, why are you interested in this position. I had the opportunity to connect with my interviewer at a couple points. I had been left with the opportunity the interview had gone well.

I was told I would be notified within two weeks; I received no notification after two weeks (I had on previous positions with SAP received automatic notification) so I followed up. I was ultimately not selected.'

I found it immensely frustrating as I had sincerely hoped to have the opportunity to work at SAP this summer.

The entire process gave me a weird perspective on SAP. You're pretty much ignored if you just apply online - this is not backed only by my experience, but those by others .Online applications are the only acceptable form of application though, so you have to apply online, then call an HR contact or university recruiter to get the ball rolling. SAP moves very slowly and you may have to push the ball yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Internships at SAP don't typically convert into full time roles. Why are you still interested in working here?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in June 2011.

First round interview with the program hiring manager and second round interview with the project manager. A combination of behavioral and technical questions in seeking to gauge interest as well as skill level.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in April 2011.

Process included being called a few weeks after responding to the job posting for a suitable time to have a phone interview. Phone interview included many standard interview questions that you would expect that are related to the role/general personality questions. Afterwards, they said they if I was a top candidate, to expect communication soon about an in-person interview. I was offered this interview and the entire process was painless. The interview was much more informal because the tough questions had already been asked. The in-person interview focused on personality traits, and much more specific questions relating to why I would be the best fit for the team, and whether I had related experience in several key areas.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario question: Describe how you would use social media to run a marketing campaign for a new product or service.   View Answers (2)