SAP Interview Questions in Montreal, QC

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAP in March 2015.

Applied through SAP careers page. They contacted back to arrange an interview with senior program manager and technical architect. Getting an interview date is tough and you cannot reschedule as Managers are really busy. Interview was very professional and nicely answered all query regarding project and company.

Interview Questions
    • Design patterns, OOP concepts, Database Joins and views.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

Approached by a head hunter, had an HR interview, then met with project manager to go through the position description, passed a written skills test, then finally met with senior management.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

One can only apply through the official homepage of SAP.
    But if you know someone within SAP that can refer you and your skills then you can do so when applying on the homepage as well (you need the persons employee number)

I had three interviews, which were quite straight forward:
    1. Intro & questions about the past & possible gaps/ glitches in the CV (unclear, when overlapping school and work etc), which gave possibility to explain, that i worked and went to evening school at the same time.
    2. behavioral questions, situative questions an how i would react/ decide, my expectations
    3. question i had about position, role, etc.
    4. Summary and next steps

Interview Questions
    • You are responsible for the Q-Strategy of a 6 month project, which runs in sprint (Scrum).
      If you would have endless money and resources, how would you approach this task?

View Answer
    Know the Salary you want and ask for it, but dont shoot over the limit.
    There wont most likely be a counter-offer as there are usually plenty of good candidates!
    Management is fair in their offer!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAP.

Ask general questions, ask from my resume and my background, not technical questions. Just be prepared to answer all items in your resume. There were 3 people in the interview session.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring for SAP? How do you help us to improve our products?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAP in April 2014.

I applied for this job through my University's career portal.

They asked about basic OO concepts, programming experience, questions on previous projects and class work. Nothing too technical. Interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAP in March 2014.

I sent my resume to Specialisterne and was selected for an interview in March 2014. The interview process was spent assembling and programming Lego Mindstorm robot (first generation) to do four tasks: going to point A to point B, going around a rectangle with 4 turns, doing a figure 8 and finally, using the light sensor to guide the robot around the rectangle.

After that, I had a short 30 minutes interview for some basic questions and I was selected for an internship on the 4 of April.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAP in May 2013.

I did not applied for job in SAP. They got my resume from some where else. Got a call for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at SAP in April 2013.

Main questions focus on .NET programming.

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP in March 2011.

A mix of phone and in-person interviews (total of 12) over a 2 month period. I was flown to two out of country interviews to meet with regional executives. The same recruiter followed me throughout the entire process which is extremely helpful and reassuring. Everyone I met was very professional and straighforward - transparency seems to be a common thread across the corporate culture.

The calibre of the executives I met as well the scope and reach of the organization was very impressive. I was actually quite shocked how "no-frills" their approach was. Was expecting much more "glam" and "courting" but it was much more down to earth, real and "this is who we are and our brand is not all about marketing". I was also struck by how young everyone was (compared to other organizations). Most top notch organizations in IT have a predominantly male and gray-haired team - the executives I met were all under 50 and some as young as late 30s. This showed me that they value young talent and are willing to give them greater responsibilities rather than opt for the traditional tenure advancement that some organizations favor.

It is definitely a company I hope to work for one day. The interview process was respectful, swift and straightfoward (even though it was 12 interviews, the lapse of time between each was very short and I received feedback from my recruiter regularly after each interview. Communication remained open at all times and nothing was vague - all questions were allowed and when someone didn't know the answer they would get informed and get back to you asap. Overall, you felt a high sense of collaboration and professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • If I suggest a new position for you - hired immediately for VP of territory with X package - what would you say?   View Answer
    • You seem aggressive - are you?   View Answer
    • What is your negotiating style?   View Answer

Due to legal clauses hindering my coverage of certain clients, I was unable to accept the offer unfortunately. SAP has a corporate policy of not getting involved with legal issues related to employees (non-compete etc) so I was on my own and didn't want to take the risk.

CRM Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAP in October 2010.

A recruiter found me on Monster and proposed a very interesting role initially. I went to an interview which happens to be potentially the first and last interview to hire. I responded to the first french greeting in french and the rest of the conversation continued in french. The recruiters didn't seem all that genuinely interested perhaps because of my age since everyone else in the company is 10 years older by average as I later found out. They seemed to spend the entire time trying to find reasons why I'm not a good fit instead of trying to assess my skills. A different recruiter then proposed a different position in the same location. I went in for a group written exam. I went into a classroom like setting with about 20 other people and wrote a very generic C/Java/SQL/XML moderate-easy exam. I came in another day after a one hour sleep after a red-eye flight. I met two managers and one architect that were a bit more serious and pleasant this time. They asked some generic behavioural question and easy technology and programming language questions.

Interview Questions
    Before they gave their conclusion, I was about to accept another offer I was reasonably happy with. Just for options, I called SAP to say they have one day to respond (assuming that they most likely won't). They pled to have 2 days or something and actually came back with a much stronger offer than the other company. I struggled a lot to decide and ended up taking SAP. I haven't even negotiated since it was my first big company full time job and I didn't know it was so common and risk-free to negotiate and their offer was so much stronger already but I think I should have been able to easily ask for 5k more.