SAP Interview Questions in Montreal, QC

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through SAP careers page. They contacted back to arrange an interview with senior program manager and technical architect. Getting an interview date is tough and you cannot reschedule as Managers are really busy. Interview was very professional and nicely answered all query regarding project and company.

Interview Questions

• Design patterns, OOP concepts, Database Joins and views.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very efficient process. Overall took 2 weeks from first applying to getting an offer. Met with manager and architect. Very pleasant interview, really made me feel at ease. Very professional interview.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Approached by a head hunter, had an HR interview, then met with project manager to go through the position description, passed a written skills test, then finally met with senior management.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

One can only apply through the official homepage of SAP.
    But if you know someone within SAP that can refer you and your skills then you can do so when applying on the homepage as well (you need the persons employee number)

I had three interviews, which were quite straight forward:
    1. Intro & questions about the past & possible gaps/ glitches in the CV (unclear, when overlapping school and work etc), which gave possibility to explain, that i worked and went to evening school at the same time.
    2. behavioral questions, situative questions an how i would react/ decide, my expectations
    3. question i had about position, role, etc.
    4. Summary and next steps

Interview Questions

• You are responsible for the Q-Strategy of a 6 month project, which runs in sprint (Scrum).
      If you would have endless money and resources, how would you approach this task?

1 Answer

Negotiation

Know the Salary you want and ask for it, but dont shoot over the limit.
    There wont most likely be a counter-offer as there are usually plenty of good candidates!
    Management is fair in their offer!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Ask general questions, ask from my resume and my background, not technical questions. Just be prepared to answer all items in your resume. There were 3 people in the interview session.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring for SAP? How do you help us to improve our products?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job through my University's career portal.

They asked about basic OO concepts, programming experience, questions on previous projects and class work. Nothing too technical. Interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume to Specialisterne and was selected for an interview in March 2014. The interview process was spent assembling and programming Lego Mindstorm robot (first generation) to do four tasks: going to point A to point B, going around a rectangle with 4 turns, doing a figure 8 and finally, using the light sensor to guide the robot around the rectangle.

After that, I had a short 30 minutes interview for some basic questions and I was selected for an internship on the 4 of April.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

I did not applied for job in SAP. They got my resume from some where else. Got a call for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Main questions focus on .NET programming.

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

A mix of phone and in-person interviews (total of 12) over a 2 month period. I was flown to two out of country interviews to meet with regional executives. The same recruiter followed me throughout the entire process which is extremely helpful and reassuring. Everyone I met was very professional and straighforward - transparency seems to be a common thread across the corporate culture.

The calibre of the executives I met as well the scope and reach of the organization was very impressive. I was actually quite shocked how "no-frills" their approach was. Was expecting much more "glam" and "courting" but it was much more down to earth, real and "this is who we are and our brand is not all about marketing". I was also struck by how young everyone was (compared to other organizations). Most top notch organizations in IT have a predominantly male and gray-haired team - the executives I met were all under 50 and some as young as late 30s. This showed me that they value young talent and are willing to give them greater responsibilities rather than opt for the traditional tenure advancement that some organizations favor.

It is definitely a company I hope to work for one day. The interview process was respectful, swift and straightfoward (even though it was 12 interviews, the lapse of time between each was very short and I received feedback from my recruiter regularly after each interview. Communication remained open at all times and nothing was vague - all questions were allowed and when someone didn't know the answer they would get informed and get back to you asap. Overall, you felt a high sense of collaboration and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• If I suggest a new position for you - hired immediately for VP of territory with X package - what would you say?   1 Answer
    • You seem aggressive - are you?   1 Answer
    • What is your negotiating style?   1 Answer

Due to legal clauses hindering my coverage of certain clients, I was unable to accept the offer unfortunately. SAP has a corporate policy of not getting involved with legal issues related to employees (non-compete etc) so I was on my own and didn't want to take the risk.