SAP

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Newtown Square, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SAP in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with Technical team followed by Platinum Consultant. The questions are more process oriented and one needs knowledge of the issues and how to formulate the solution.

Interview Question – The interviewers are very nice and don't intend to stress the interviewee. Weightage is always given to experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was hard and lengthy. Very hard to get higher base but all depends on the demand in the market.

Presales Graduate Academy Interview

Newtown Square, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met up with a recruiter at a job fair. She had my formally apply and asked about my interests. Then she set up a call with an HR person who asked easy questions and verified information. Once I moved on, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked harder questions about my background, why technology, why sales, etc-- but nothing too hard.

Then I came in for a super day and had 5 different interviews but they were all about fit and background. Finally we had to do a 15 minute presentation using only 5 slides on our favorite class.

Interview Question – The Presentation was the most difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 55k base with 15% bonus potential.

Associate Consultant - CRM Interview

Newtown Square, PA

I applied online and interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – 1. Multiple 1:1 phone interviews (3 recruiters, 1hiring manager)
2. In person all day interview (1 general interview, 1 presentation, 1 written assessment)
       The presentation was about a specific business situation that you had encountered and
       you needed to describe the context and how you resolved the issue.
3. Phone call offer with e-mail details to assist in decision.
4. 2 days to make the decision and inform SAP.

Interview Question – We were allowed to present on topics/situations we encountered. Difficult part of my presentation was trying to explain a business strategy analysis (VRIN). This was simply part of my presentation, so each person can expect more detailed questions about the topics they are presenting on. FYI: Know your material forward and backward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was part of a new-grad hire program. There was no opportunity to negotiate at ALL! The salary/benefits were reasonable if not better than many other offers.

Software QA Intern Interview

Newtown Square, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SAP in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at the SAP headquarters in Newtown Square, PA. It was a very brief interview. I was given a badge and escorted to a small room where I was interviewed by a current co-op employee and her technical advisor. I was asked the typical questions such as "what are your strengths?" and so on. Overall it was a good experience. It wasn't high-stress at all, and the building was beautiful.

Interview Question – "Given this 'web page' of an interactive calculator where you can insert values and the results be printed to the screen, what methods would you use to 'break' the code?"   View Answers (2)

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Newtown Square, PA

I applied in-person and interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – Standard three interviews. HR, hiring manager, department leads in a role next step up from yours.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral and aspirations questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy, but keep in mind this was during the tech boom and Y2K panic.

PreSales Graduate Academy Interview

Newtown Square, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through my University. I also attended a SAP information session on campus for more information about the program.

Interview Process:
1. 15 minute phone screening
2. 1 hour phone interview
3. On-site interview in Newtown Square, PA.
     - They gave a general overview of the company
     - I had to give a 10 minute presentation about my favorite class
     - Then there was two forty minute interviews

Everyone that was a part of the interview process talked about how much they loved the work and were very friendly.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular.   Answer Question

Business Operations Interview

Business Operations
Newtown Square, PA

I applied online - interviewed at SAP in September 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews 2 phone 1 in person - standard procedure interviews also assesment of personality

Interview Question – none really all where standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Social Media Manager Interview

Newtown Square, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in March 2011.

Interview Details – All by phone -- no face to face interview

New Graduate Consulting Program Interview

Newtown Square, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted about a week latter. I had a phone interview with HR who then scheduled another interview with one of the managers who I might be working for. I had that interview than SAP had me take an online personality test as well as a skills assessment test. After those I was scheduled to fly to Newtown Square for a panel interview and presentation. Sadly out of the 61 people who interviewed for the 25 open positions, SAP decided to cut the program until latter this year.

Interview Questions

Associate Consultant - Graduate Consultant Program Interview

Newtown Square, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on SAP website. With in 2 weeks a recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview.

First Interview - Phone with HR Recruiter
Went through my resume. Asked about techinical skill sets. I expressed my interest on the Functional position, Miss.HR told me the functional candidates were "probably set". She was really nice and forwarded me to schedule a phone interview with a technical manager.

Second Interview - Phone with Manager
Went through my technical experiences quickly, type of database and softwares that I'm familiar with etc. (Manager was really nice, told me "let me know if you're guessing, but don't pretend to know what you don't." In the end he suggested me to read a book called "Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers" but skip the first 3 chapters.)

Technical questions such as, if you have a column of millions or records but only 5 of them are duplicates, is it low cardinality or high cardinality (I guessed this one)
Behavioral questions such as, if you caught your boss napping, what do you do? (how do you answer this?)

In the end he put me through to the final on-site interview on the following Friday(4/27). During that weekend I finished an online personality test.

Third Interview - On-site Panel (2:1)
Started with a 10-min presentation with interactive Q/A. After that went through resume more, very specific on project experience, programming/database skill, understanding of what your current job does and if you had any experience using SAP products etc. One of the managers spent a good 10 minutes explaining the functional and technical spectrum and asked me which side do I have more preference on. Also recommended to add my foreign language skills to the resume.

------
This interview went extremly well, I thought I had it in the bag. HR told me afterwards that results would be out the following Wednesday. Although it didn't come through until 2 weeks later. I did not have an offer, becasue, according to the email I received yesterday, the Graduate Consultant Program will be "delayed a few months" and further discussion on the job will be held until then.

Did anybody outhere receive the same outcome? I am curious.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught your boss napping at work?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SAP

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAP interview questions and advice in Newtown Square, PA. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAP employees and interview candidates.