SAP

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.9

, Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Applied online. Got call after few days.The hiring process is as follows.There will be 30 minutes Telephonic Interview, mostly behavioral, Then they will invite you for Personnel Interviews, again 30 minutes Telephonic Interview and a Technical Interview. The personnel Interview is the crucial part overall. Questions on algorithms,relational database concepts and some questions on object oriented programming were asked.The whole process took more than 1 month.

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

I had submitted my resume online. Got contacted by an HR rep within a week. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. First interview was mostly behavioral - 30 minutes with HR. I was contacted same day for another interview with the hiring manager. Some technical questions during the interview - 30 minutes. A day later I was contacted again to fly out to Newtown Square, PA for a final round interview with a panel. Every person I have been in contact with SAP has been very helpful. They answered all my questions during and after the process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time when you lead a team for a project? Explain what you did during your internship. How did you handle peoples input and how did you say no to people when something was out of scope of the project?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, great pay, great benefits

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAP in October 2013.

Once they decide to interview you, you can expect the world's fastest interview process. This is a good thing - there is only one interview (not 2, 3, 4, etc) and they make an offer in about 3 days. Those are the good parts.

The problem is they expect an answer to their offer in about 3 days as well. If you're shopping around for jobs, you better have SAP as your number one choice because they do not appreciate having to wait to hear from you about their offer.

Bring your "A" game to the interview, it is technical and stressful. You will be asked questions concerning anything from the "high level" concepts to the most minor detail. You will be on the board, explaining it to 3-4 interviews who will happily pick it apart.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress? What would you do if a customer started to scream at you?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation that I know of, but the package is decent enough that you may not feel a need to negotiate.

Associate Consultant - CRM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online – interviewed at SAP.

1. Multiple 1:1 phone interviews (3 recruiters, 1hiring manager)
    2. In person all day interview (1 general interview, 1 presentation, 1 written assessment)
           The presentation was about a specific business situation that you had encountered and
           you needed to describe the context and how you resolved the issue.
    3. Phone call offer with e-mail details to assist in decision.
    4. 2 days to make the decision and inform SAP.

Interview Questions
    • We were allowed to present on topics/situations we encountered. Difficult part of my presentation was trying to explain a business strategy analysis (VRIN). This was simply part of my presentation, so each person can expect more detailed questions about the topics they are presenting on. FYI: Know your material forward and backward.   Answer Question
    I was part of a new-grad hire program. There was no opportunity to negotiate at ALL! The salary/benefits were reasonable if not better than many other offers.

Software QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAP in June 2013.

I was interviewed at the SAP headquarters in Newtown Square, PA. It was a very brief interview. I was given a badge and escorted to a small room where I was interviewed by a current co-op employee and her technical advisor. I was asked the typical questions such as "what are your strengths?" and so on. Overall it was a good experience. It wasn't high-stress at all, and the building was beautiful.

Interview Questions
    • "Given this 'web page' of an interactive calculator where you can insert values and the results be printed to the screen, what methods would you use to 'break' the code?"   View Answers (2)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at SAP.

Standard three interviews. HR, hiring manager, department leads in a role next step up from yours.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral and aspirations questions.   View Answer
    Very easy, but keep in mind this was during the tech boom and Y2K panic.

Presales Graduate Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in November 2012.

I applied for the position through my University. I also attended a SAP information session on campus for more information about the program.

Interview Process:
    1. 15 minute phone screening
    2. 1 hour phone interview
    3. On-site interview in Newtown Square, PA.
         - They gave a general overview of the company
         - I had to give a 10 minute presentation about my favorite class
         - Then there was two forty minute interviews

Everyone that was a part of the interview process talked about how much they loved the work and were very friendly.

Associate Consultant - Graduate Consultant Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in May 2012.

Applied on SAP website. With in 2 weeks a recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview.

First Interview - Phone with HR Recruiter
    Went through my resume. Asked about techinical skill sets. I expressed my interest on the Functional position, Miss.HR told me the functional candidates were "probably set". She was really nice and forwarded me to schedule a phone interview with a technical manager.

Second Interview - Phone with Manager
    Went through my technical experiences quickly, type of database and softwares that I'm familiar with etc. (Manager was really nice, told me "let me know if you're guessing, but don't pretend to know what you don't." In the end he suggested me to read a book called "Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers" but skip the first 3 chapters.)

Technical questions such as, if you have a column of millions or records but only 5 of them are duplicates, is it low cardinality or high cardinality (I guessed this one)
    Behavioral questions such as, if you caught your boss napping, what do you do? (how do you answer this?)

In the end he put me through to the final on-site interview on the following Friday(4/27). During that weekend I finished an online personality test.

Third Interview - On-site Panel (2:1)
    Started with a 10-min presentation with interactive Q/A. After that went through resume more, very specific on project experience, programming/database skill, understanding of what your current job does and if you had any experience using SAP products etc. One of the managers spent a good 10 minutes explaining the functional and technical spectrum and asked me which side do I have more preference on. Also recommended to add my foreign language skills to the resume.

------
    This interview went extremly well, I thought I had it in the bag. HR told me afterwards that results would be out the following Wednesday. Although it didn't come through until 2 weeks later. I did not have an offer, becasue, according to the email I received yesterday, the Graduate Consultant Program will be "delayed a few months" and further discussion on the job will be held until then.

Did anybody outhere receive the same outcome? I am curious.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught your boss napping at work?   Answer Question

Presales Graduate Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Met up with a recruiter at a job fair. She had my formally apply and asked about my interests. Then she set up a call with an HR person who asked easy questions and verified information. Once I moved on, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked harder questions about my background, why technology, why sales, etc-- but nothing too hard.

Then I came in for a super day and had 5 different interviews but they were all about fit and background. Finally we had to do a 15 minute presentation using only 5 slides on our favorite class.

Interview Questions
    • The Presentation was the most difficult.   View Answer
    No negotiation. 55k base with 15% bonus potential.

New Graduate Consulting Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in April 2012.

I applied online and was contacted about a week latter. I had a phone interview with HR who then scheduled another interview with one of the managers who I might be working for. I had that interview than SAP had me take an online personality test as well as a skills assessment test. After those I was scheduled to fly to Newtown Square for a panel interview and presentation. Sadly out of the 61 people who interviewed for the 25 open positions, SAP decided to cut the program until latter this year.

Interview Questions
    • Using sql how would you find duplicated values in a table with only one row.   View Answer
    • What is 3rd normalization form?   Answer Question