SAP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Developer Intern Interview

Developer Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAP in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had interview onsite PALO ALTO, Was asked mostly about projects. After they told what they do.

Interview Question – Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Senior Director, Product Management
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in January 2013.

Interview Details – Extremely easy going and fast interview & hiring process. Only had a couple of phone interviews before being offered a job. Compensation offered was more than I expected. Some minor hickup regarding title when I received the offer letter.

Interview Question – No really difficult or challenging questions. Emphasis of interview questions were on my past experience and how it applies to SAP>   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and easy. Three interviews with senior management. To the point and decision was quick. Straightforward unlike many other companies I have encountered. I heard this was not the norm but in my case the process was simple and quick. Perhaps the need was urgent.

Interview Question – I cannot relate to any question that was most difficult or unexpected. The questions were pretty standard and management style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple negotiation and terms were agreed upon fairly quick.

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SAP.

Interview Details – Sent my resume to my friend who works in this organization. He referred me to some team in the company. Go a call the next day. They asked me to come over for face to face interview the next day. Went there and had interview for 2 hours by 4 people and later for 1 hour by upper management.

Interview Question – Puzzles. Some Design Patterns.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SAP in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, went through phone screening, scheduled for interview, then rescheduled twice before being cancelled last minute due to 'change in focus'.

Same application process for a different position, made it to on-site interview, position cancelled last minute due to 'change in budgeting'.

Interview Question – None. Interview was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Developer Intern Interview

Developer Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in August 2012.

Interview Details – got a call for Onsite interview.
3 senior employees have taken the interview.
First interview was mainly focused on the work to be done and testing related experience.
Second was completly logical questions. Puzzles solving
Third was purely on Java.

Interview Question – Software Engineering methodologies. Basics of DataBases, Binary Search tree questions,   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Software Engineer/Developer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1 HR interview, 1 phone technical interview, 1 personal interview for 2 1/2 hours

Interview Question – data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in October 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process is very long. I applied through the company website and a month later, the HR contacted me for a phone interview. The next week I had a phone interview and then, it got scheduled another interview with the VP. The interview went very well, but until now I guess they have not selected anyone for that position. It is sad, because i haven't heard anything back from the HR, even after asking for feedback.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are the perfect fit for this position?   Answer Question

Developer II Interview

Developer II
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAP in December 2011.

Interview Details – First phone screen by Recruiter,
then phone interview with hiring Manager/Architect,
Invitation to On Campus Interview with the whole team
Solving another homework
Getting an offer

Interview Question – Regular questions like datastructure, lists etc. Solving Graph problem.
Unix questions how to find the process id of a process with a certain name.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I specified salary of previous employer. There was no negotiation going on.

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAP in August 2011.

Interview Details – Got hooked up with the manager from her visit to my school, and contacted her near my graduation, 1 phone interview and 1 team portfolio review. It went smoothly and fast.

Interview Question – Questions revolved around design process and thinking   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation - this is an internship

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!