1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

SAP Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

I am not sure how an online recruitment agency how my resume, possibly via monster. I had a brief phone interview following which I was told I would be interviewing with SAP America. The first recruiter who spoke to me asked me questions from a general questionnaire. I thought this interview did not go well since I found a lot of the question technical in nature, whereas I am a functional guy. She told me that she did not expect me to know everything. To my surprise, I got a call from a lead recruiter after two days.

Based on my experience I was offered to interview for two Associate level positions. Both the interviewing processes were held in parallel. Interview consisted of conversation related to my resume and consulting.To my astonishment, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview for both positions.

Position 1 - Manager phone interview + Face-to-face proposal
Position 2 - Manager phone interview + Platinum consultant phone interview + Face-to-face proposal.

The recruiter asked me to pick one position over the other and advised me that if this interviewing process didn't work out I would be able to interview for the other position. I preferred position 2 as it was more intimate to my background and I really connected to the manager over the phone.

I was called in for a face-to-face interview. I was flown to an airport and the manager met me at the airport and interviewed me there itself. It was a great interview and the manager was a pleasure to speak with. Near the conclusion I asked what I can expect next, and I was hinted that the recruiter will get in touch with me for an offer in the coming days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Excellent salary + package offered.