SAP

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Graduate Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAP in April 2011.

Applied through the website and emailed a recruiter directly. A different recruiter contacted me for an initial phone screen that took about 10 or 15 minutes. This call just confirmed my background, my eligibility for the program and my availability. The recruiter informed at the end of the call that me that she would recommend me for a phone interview with a manager.

The first phone interview was arranged over email.There was some back-and-forth and confusion (delayed emails, a missed call) relating to this phone interview. But once we connected, it was a pretty friendly chat. A lot of the questions were typical for a sales/business strategy/marketing rotational. The program is relatively new, so the managers do not have a lot of insight into exactly how the process works, but they can still explain the overall culture at SAP and what the company needs.

Within a week, I received an email from my original recruiter inviting me to onsite interviews. The interview date and time was changed a couple of times, but it was not too much of an imposition. For the interview, I was led into a small auditorium with about 15 fellow program candidates. We were then led individually conference rooms for 2:1 interviews with conference managers. These interviews were about a half hour to 45 minutes. The first was rather laid back, generally asking questions about my background and my interests and more conversational. I think I lost the job offer in the second interview, which was a bit more pointed. One asked questions about what areas of the graduate academy I was interested in. When I told him, he replied that the area I mentioned does not match my skill set, so apparently I had the wrong impression of the field. He also asked about my undergraduate GPA (I'm a graduate student who earned my BA 9 years ago).

I don't think I lost the position because I flubbed the interview per se. I think that I just didn't have the right answers.

Interview Questions
  • Questions relating to the company structure and how the different branches of the company interact during a customer experience were the most challenging for me, because most of the info I found online dealt with the workings of the individual departments. I wasn't able to find a company flowchart that really broke down operations from start to finish.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Sales Graduate Academy Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in January 2012.

Contacted by a recruiter for initial screening, followed by an online personality assessment and a phone interview with a current graduate academy participant. Invited to a full day interview at SAP US headquarters. The final round consisted of two 1:1 interviews, one 2:1 interview and one 10-minute presentation. While not interviewing, candidates were shuffled through series of presentations on SAP products. The interviews were completely fit-based with no technical question. Both MBAs and undergraduates can apply. There were 70 something candidates participating in the final round interview. There seems to be no functional difference between the current MBA hires and the undergraduate ones. I am curious how they compensate the hires.

Graduate Sales Academy Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in February 2011.

applied online, got call from HR, Filled an online assessment sheet and then a General behavioral interview