SAP Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.1

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in August 2014.

I applied to the interview on the SAP Website. Most of the job opening they had were for experienced candidates. This profile needed back-end as well as front-end knowledge. Hiring process was as usual, what we have to most of the companies. I got an initial phone screening call in a week after I applied. Once that was cleared, I got a call for technical interview within one more week. In short, it was Initial Phone Screening followed by technical phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • How will you build an API for Memory Cache? Choose whichever language you are comfortable with.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

3 rounds of technical interview and one HR

I didnt try to

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAP.

Telephone interview followed by written test and then in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Sq, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Sq, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAP in June 2013.

Excellent interview, but not match to my skills.

Interview Questions
    • What are youre expectations for career development in SAP   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAP in March 2012.

One on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • How to integrate the database from different data source? e.g. combine xml, txt, plat file, sql, excel, etc   Answer Question
    cannot negotiate with HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAP in March 2011.

The interview takes from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm. 3 Rounds (1:1) + 1 written test. All questions in interviews are coding related. Question is quite easy, except the question in last round of interview. It need you to implement an algorithm in a PC, and make the code runnable. (in VC++ 2010)

Interview Questions
    • Implementation pow(m, n), m and n are big number (i.e.. pow(999999999999999, 99999999999999)). Should be worked out on a PC, coding in VC++.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAP in October 2014.

It was a pool campus drive, about 500-1000 students were there, FIRST round consisted of
    1. Psychometric test-limit 10mins
    2. Mental ability - High level quant questions were there, i will study from Arun sharma
    3. Verbal reasoning
    4. Analytical reasoning - questions from seating and directions but were quite lengthy
    5. Computer Science - just a normal test, but database related questions were difficult
    6. Coding Skills - consists of 2 questions, language: C, Java, C#

the last 5 sections have to be completed in 90 minutes, time management is the key.

Interview Questions
    • what is the minimum number to be multiplied to 100! in order to make it divisible by 350
      and many more were there which i don't remember
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Called for onsite interview, three people, 1 hours. Many behaviors questions, last for 15minutes. Such as why sap, the most difficult situation you ever met? Also some computer background knowledge, thread vs process, quick sort vs merge sort, etc. one question is the typical obtain the median of two int streams, when you mentioned the two heaps solution, they will ask you alternative one more, I give counting sort

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAP.

5 rounds - 2 technical , 1 manager , 2 HR

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SAP in October 2013.

I got selected through their campus recruitment programme. Written round followed by 5 rounds of interviews.
    Written round consisted of questions related to aptitude, verbal ability, basic computer science concepts and also required an essay about a general topic and a code to be written. My coding task was to reverse each word of a sentence and capitlise the first letter of every word. After that there were 2 interview rounds followed by a managerial and 2 hr rounds. Basic cs concepts and standard puzzles were asked in the tech interview also questions pertaining to my field of study and past projects were asked. Managerial rounds involved discussions on latest technological trends:big data, cloud computing.. and areas of improvement in areas like ecommerce. Standard HR questions.