SAS Institute Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

Initial call with recruiter, call with hiring manager and his Director, then a presentation to both hiring manager and Sr. Director of Sales. I had to create a territory plan to showcase how I would attack my new territory. Flew down to Cary, NC where they are HQ at and did the presentation. It was a smooth process and enjoyable. I received the position.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about experience and how I would attack my new territory. Had to create a territory plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated salary.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

In person interview with 2 upper level people in my department, call back a week later for 2nd interview with whole department (2 at a time) Was more of a conversation than a grilling interview. This likely had to with the fact that it was a communications position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, 1:1 with hiring manager, 1:1 with key direct reports of his, and mine. 100% agreement to hire me by all parties needed. Note: this varies from position to position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible, but tricky. Salaries are a bit low due to all of the benefits.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

I had two interviews and was being set up for a third when the department manager called me and told me that their division had been overstaffed, but he told me to reapply the next round of hiring. Mostly certainly the best job interview process I have experienced. I plan on reapplying this Fall.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a situation where you and a colleague disagreed over the next step in a project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

First, I got an phone interview. It is about half an hour. The HR asked me several background questions. One week later, I got the onsite interview. It lasted for three hours, three people asked me questions. Three weeks later, I received the offer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

It was a long process and it required several steps, including phone, one-one, group interview and a presentation to a group. Questions were not hard, people were nice and friendly. It did take a long time to hear back on a decision The overall experience was positive. The campus was impressive.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone interview three days after I submitted my application. I was asked about the details about the projects on my CV. The interview lasted one hour. At the end of the interview, they told me they will contact me again. I haven't heard from them so far.

Interview Questions

• What's the project about? What data structure did you use?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with three practice area leaders - the hiring manager, the division leader, and a would-be peer - who asked insightful and engaging questions. I felt as though they had really considered my resume and qualifications ahead of time and hadn't just skimmed them on the way into the room.

Interview Questions

• They were particularly interested in any experience I had working with or for enterprise software projects and installs.   Answer Question

Senior Services Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Group setting. Manager and what would be two co workers in a conference room. Each person asked various / typical interview questions. All very straight forward. Phone screen and then face to face. Was asked about my salary requirements in a group setting; Manager indicated that SAS does not pay industry rate. SAS lower pay is offset by SAS benefits. About the most unprofessional interview I have ever participated in.

Interview Questions

• In a group setting asked how much I made and what I was expecting for compensation.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

When a Sr member of the team tells you how miserable they are, it makes you question your decision to join. Then when you are scheduled to meet with your potential client group and they arrive significantly late for their interview with no apology or explanation, it does not make you feel any better about why you would want to work there