SAS Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, 1:1 with hiring manager, 1:1 with key direct reports of his, and mine. 100% agreement to hire me by all parties needed. Note: this varies from position to position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible, but tricky. Salaries are a bit low due to all of the benefits.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

I had two interviews and was being set up for a third when the department manager called me and told me that their division had been overstaffed, but he told me to reapply the next round of hiring. Mostly certainly the best job interview process I have experienced. I plan on reapplying this Fall.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a situation where you and a colleague disagreed over the next step in a project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

First, I got an phone interview. It is about half an hour. The HR asked me several background questions. One week later, I got the onsite interview. It lasted for three hours, three people asked me questions. Three weeks later, I received the offer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

It was a long process and it required several steps, including phone, one-one, group interview and a presentation to a group. Questions were not hard, people were nice and friendly. It did take a long time to hear back on a decision
    The overall experience was positive. The campus was impressive.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone interview three days after I submitted my application. I was asked about the details about the projects on my CV. The interview lasted one hour. At the end of the interview, they told me they will contact me again. I haven't heard from them so far.

Interview Questions

• What's the project about? What data structure did you use?   Answer Question

Services Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Was brought in for a live interview after a phone interview. In a room with the manager and two colleagues. Nothing out the ordinary. I thought it was odd that the manager has asked me present an analysis and forgot that he asked me that. The whole process was very haphazard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary but asked my current and salary requirements in a mixed setting.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with three practice area leaders - the hiring manager, the division leader, and a would-be peer - who asked insightful and engaging questions. I felt as though they had really considered my resume and qualifications ahead of time and hadn't just skimmed them on the way into the room.

Interview Questions

• They were particularly interested in any experience I had working with or for enterprise software projects and installs.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Had applied the 2nd day after the applications for internships opened. I suppose that was major reason why I received a call. From 1600 applicants, 132 were selected. Was lucky to be one. Got a call in last week of feb, the subsequent week, I got first interview set and it went well. 2nd happened the next week and got a final call the next week. In all it took 3 weeks and seemed pretty fast! huh!

Interview Questions

• Explain about the current project, how it is related to your work profile and how much SAS are u using for programming?   3 Answers

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

When a Sr member of the team tells you how miserable they are, it makes you question your decision to join.
    Then when you are scheduled to meet with your potential client group and they arrive significantly late for their interview with no apology or explanation, it does not make you feel any better about why you would want to work there

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Applied online and at a campus career fair, got contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later and was able to schedule a phone interview rather quickly. The interview was about 45 min and consisted of basic questions about my previous projects and my previous internship experiences, as well as questions about various types of technologies, nothing to technical though.