SAS Institute Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

Technical Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SAS Institute.

Had applied the 2nd day after the applications for internships opened. I suppose that was major reason why I received a call. From 1600 applicants, 132 were selected. Was lucky to be one. Got a call in last week of feb, the subsequent week, I got first interview set and it went well. 2nd happened the next week and got a final call the next week. In all it took 3 weeks and seemed pretty fast! huh!

Interview Questions
    • Explain about the current project, how it is related to your work profile and how much SAS are u using for programming?   View Answer

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute.

Applied online and at a campus career fair, got contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later and was able to schedule a phone interview rather quickly. The interview was about 45 min and consisted of basic questions about my previous projects and my previous internship experiences, as well as questions about various types of technologies, nothing to technical though.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAS Institute.

The onsite interview involved a half-day of meetings, some one-on-one, some with a panel. Each interview lasted for 45-60 minutes. The interviews were a mixture of behavioral type questions, technical knowledge assessment and discussion of my background.
    Most of the interviews were unstructured. There was a lot of back and forth discussion and it wasn't simply the asking a set list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience convincing engineers to adopt features that are being requested by your customers, but might be in conflict with a direction they were going.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAS Institute.

The process initially moved very quickly, with phone screens and interviews being set up within a couple of weeks of the initial online application. The separate phone screens with various members of the team (incl. the manager) consisted of average questions one would expect for the position, mainly inquiring about related experience. The onsite, in-person interviews and group presentation were a bit unorganized and rushed; in hindsight, they seemed to be more focused on industry intel than hiring. Although I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks, the recruiter fell off the map so I never found out the disposition for the position one way or the other.

Sales Academy/Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute in February 2015.

Process took about 6 weeks from initial phone interview to final in-person interview in Cary, NC. Had to make a 20 minute presentation as the basis of the interview to a panel of 3 interviewers. Followed by a standard review of the resume and applications questions. Very positive experience and relatively simple if sufficient prep work completed.

Software Test Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAS Institute.

Submitted resume online on the SAS portal, then got contacted for a phone interview by the lead guy on the team I was applying for. After that, I was asked to come in onsite group interview. It was the entire group of potential coworkers (4-5) and we just talked about my experiences and general questions. No hard technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly talking about resume and general person questions.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute in January 2015.

Applied online in December. I have no work experience, just had an interest in the internship that they were offering. Had two phone interviews. First one had one interviewer, second had two. Simple questions, very friendly. I got a response back from them very quickly and decided to accept. Can't wait to start working!

Sales Academy Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SAS Institute.

I had a 30 minute role play interview with an HR specialist. Prior to the interview, my HR rep provided me with two different scenarios to prepare for. I prepared extensively for the role play, but felt that I didn't get to showcase any of my background research due to more elementary questions.

Research Statistician Developer Interview

got phone interviewed with three tech people. One is the hiring manager, they other two should be senior/principal statistician. Pretty smart guys. They know every details of the tech methods listed on my resume. First they will ask the general idea of the method and then guide you to the key question of the method. So you need to master each method in the resume. It took around 50 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Difference of PCA and PLS; kernel method of SVM; Bootstrapping; central limit theory;   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SAS Institute in December 2014.

Applied online and got an email a few days later to set up an in-person interview. It consisted of two in-person interviews. First one was mostly questions about experience/expectations and general info about the company and its benefits. The second interview was 1:1 followed by a more technical group interview with 4 team members. I was told I would hear back the following week but never heard from them.